Sign in to follow this  
Laser

LSR US Navy SEALs 1.00 Released

Laser, as usual, these are top notch units! I am looking forward to what ever you're working on next.

To the folks asking about making regular army units.. perhaps reskinning HYKs troops with the new camo would suffice.... If i hadnt lost photoshop with my HD i'd volunteer to do it myself.

To the folks asking about making regular army units.. perhaps reskinning HYKs troops with the new camo would suffice.... If i hadnt lost photoshop with my HD i'd volunteer to do it myself.

Already done as you can see here.

wink_o.gif

Regards

TB84

Indeed, your BDU's very nice but looks quite different from ShadowNx one which's awesome too though, I wonder if the US army does use several variants of the BDU camo... (Dark brown, Larg/Small paterns)...

Regards

TB84

Indeed, your BDU's very nice but looks quite different from ShadowNx one which's awesome too though, I wonder if the US army does use several variants of the BDU camo... (Dark brown, Larg/Small paterns)...

Regards

TB84

[OFFTOPIC]

First of all mine only looks right inside OFP and its not the same material it was only meant to show aprox. how the difference between the colors should be. And mine is so dark because I want it to have a realistic camoflage effect to the player eye, so it works much better in dark/green invoirments shouch as Everon and Nogova but stands more out on Malden and Kolgujev unlike Hyk's which is more like a multicam. As fare as I know there is not used different variants of the woodland(there might be color differences between producers) in the US Army there are small differences between the BDU/DCU design though atleast tree different designs are used(prity small differences) not counting the most recent ones used by SF and styker forces. But not realy the colors the differences lies in the material cotton, cotton-nylon, nylon, nomex, etc. the colors used in the Woodland are a bluish green, a redish brown, a sand with a tendency to green/yellow, and a blue/purpol black. These colors ofcause varies with lightsources, wear and tear and so on but also the material they are printed upon has a great say in the matter. The pattern is the same size also in that picture the pattern of all soldiers are aproximatly the same, the distance just varies. The woodlands father was a dedicated jungle camo called ERDL and had a simular pattern in half the size of current woodland.

[\OFFTOPIC]

STGN

Hehe...

What an discussion...

I based my texture on the old jacket i own, its from mid 80s so it may be bit different from todays woodland.

But i dont care if mine is used or someone elses, hehe... originally this cammo was intended for some bearded jihad freaks, thats why it looks old and bit worn out tounge2.gif

Sorry to sound impatient, but I'm drooling myself to death over here! Have any of these retextured super-realistic reg. infantry units been released? (Sorry about the off-topicness!wink_o.gif

You guys are awesome!

C"G"McD. tounge2.gif

Not yet , they will be included in the upcoming FFUR 2005 as replacements instead of BIS US default guys.

STGN Infantry addon seems that it hasen't been released yet as well.

Regards

Thunderbird84

And the SMAW is mainly a Marine Corps weapon..

Yeah, the SEALs would more than likely use the M3 MAAWS (Carl Gustav) rather than the SMAW

They look excellent, but I am afraid I can't get in game with them. I'm having a problem with the weapons pack. It says it was patched successfully, but ingame it says I need it. I have them all installed to my Res/AddOns directory, and I executed the patch, but no go. Can you please tell me if I'm doing anything wrong, or give me a patched version of the weapons pack? I really want to use these SEALS (And your Deltas and Rangers, they don't work either. Along with the spec forces in HYK's modern infantry.)

Can anyone help? sad_o.gif

EDIT- It is telling me that the Mk23 SOCOM is missing. huh.gif

laser these guys are top notch the only thing im missing is a grenadier wearing a boonie hat (i alterd the config and just added one using the rifleman model) maybe its ok if i put that config online ? (nothing else is altered only one unit added (seal LWF grenadier (boonie) )

Can't the same be achieved by:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">removeallweapons this; this addmagazine "whatever"; this addweapon "whatever"; etc

Why make another version of the config.cpp (and risk MP issues) for such a simple thing.

I reckon he just wants a display name change. But if the unit with a boonie hat is just a rifleman, take Jackal's simple advice. Not worth it unless it's like a mgunner with a gl.

yes the same can be achieved by using the init codes

but its just easyer then typing all that in the init (im lazy you know tounge2.gif )

and i dont play MP so i dont risk anything smile_o.gif

its not even released without lasers aproval

and if he gives his aproval well its always up to the people if they want it yes or no (just made it for more lazy people like me tounge2.gif)

Ah, man. If you get permission, them I'm going to try and get permission to release my 2GB of altered addons... hahahaha! I can't wait to post some screenshots and see people's jaws drop.

spectacular units laser, well done

but one thing is really bugging me

i cant find that camo seal version, i mean the one in the screenshot - camo faced seal.

banghead.gif

Chances are thats either Laser's ingame face (and he's taken the screenshots via command view/camera.sqs), or, its simply a custom face - part of an addon most likely, and has been used via

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">This SetFace "Classname"

in the unit's init-line.

I've got annoying problem with VBSS Seals... Long time ago I was changing something in the addon config... When I'm done and try use VBSS Machine Gunner, Automatic Rifleman, Marksman or Entry soldier game was crashing and on the Windows I saw that: "Bad file format in p3d file." Silenced and desert units are still good and working! Then I'm just chanaged models of those units on VBSS Seal Rifleman model... Everything runs good now, but those units look so unrealistic without original ammobags... I was not changing anything with models etc. I'm just change some magazines, weapons or vehicle classes... I can't understand this strange problem... :mad: Can someone help me?

(Sory for my strange english)...

Edited by Addonis

Ah, man. If you get permission, them I'm going to try and get permission to release my 2GB of altered addons... hahahaha! I can't wait to post some screenshots and see people's jaws drop.

oh cameron, give us the screenshots dude!