Sign in to follow this  
TeRp

BWMod Tiger!

Hm.. are you sure that the 2 lines containing the publicVariables are running?! In my opinion it doesn`t work... huh.gif

Quote[/b] ]

call format ["publicVariable {BWMOD_Tiger%1_LWpn}",_index]

call format ["publicVariable {BWMOD_Tiger%1_RWpn}",_index]

I would use them like that:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

_public1 = call format ["BWMOD_Tiger%1_LWpn",_index]

_public2 = call format ["BWMOD_Tiger%1_RWpn",_index]

publicVariable _public1

publicVariable _public2

But not really sure.. icon_rolleyes.gif

Yeah, they do work. smile_o.gif

The player init runs completely correct, I tested it multiple times by adding a hint after

@(call format["BWMOD_Tiger%1_LWpn",_index]) != objNull

@(call format["BWMOD_Tiger%1_RWpn",_index]) != objNull

to look if it works correctly in MP and the hint apears on every client.

I already tried another thing yesterday:

I simply put a jeep with the player as driver on Desert Island, created a soldier which is local to the server (grouped to a Gamelogic) and gave him a static name (test).

Then I executed a script via the init line of the jeep,

with simply one line:

test moveincargo jeep

You know what?

Didn't work on the dedicated server banghead.gif

I just tried out this beautiful chopper addon. I am having a little problem with control though. I made a quick little CAS mission where you have to stop 4 T72's and 20 Infantry from over taking a small squad of 8 German soldiers. Well after I make a pass at the tanks I tend to make a hard left turn to come around for another attack run, this is where the problem kicks in. Basically the helecopter rolls over upside down and then tilts nose down and lawn darts into the earth.

I'm playing with a joystick, could it be that the addon is configed for mouse control? Am I just a terrible pilot? It seemed to happen when I would do a hard left turn with full rudder.

Other wise terrific addon. I like the weapon change out script since it's easy to use and get working.

One last thing I'd like to mention in praise of BW is your Hint text that reminds you if you forgot to put in a game logic or variable. I wish all addons would include such helpful reminders rather than making you alt tab out and sift through your readme files (I must have a hundred of them now in my OFP editing folder). I can't remember all the millions of OFP commands that exist these days, so it's nice to just see a hint text that says exactly what I need to do and type, "hey dummy put a west troop named BWMOD_Temp_Pilot" smile_o.gif

Keep up the good work guys.

I'm playing with a joystick, could it be that the addon is configed for mouse control? Am I just a terrible pilot? It seemed to happen when I would do a hard left turn with full rudder.

Yes your just a bad pilot  tounge2.gif . I use the mouse when flying helos and the Tiger does need carefull handling on tight turns. Like everything it takes practice but it's fun to practice with such a good addon... thumbs-up.gif

You can do amazing things with the Tiger, if you control it with joystick and "know what you are doing".

MfG Lee smile_o.gif

I confirm that - I saw the Tiger flying at Le Bourget summer '2005. Let's just say that you wouldn't expect a chopper to do such things. It was crazy. It did loops, barrel rolls and all... one of the coolest things was when it stopped in the air, started hovering and then the tail just "fell". It started decending, rolled upside down, again nose down and turned 90 degrees relative to the original heading when it pulled back to level flight. crazy_o.giftounge2.gif