Sign in to follow this  
Poulary

A burning question

Recently on the news there was a british tank that was involved in a operation to free SAS.

anyway on TV iraqs through petrol bombs at the warrior tank and the crew began to escape. This is puzzleing me?

Isnt a tank supposed to be capable of withstanding thease things? if so why didnt the crew use the floor escape door instead of going out the top where people thorugh stones and such at them?

A Warrior's an IFV not a tank, it doesn't have a floor escape. Even if there was, lying on the floor under a vehicle with an angry mob around you isn't a good place to be; they'll just as soon drag you out and kick your head in before you have chance to get up.

They could have gone through the rear door I suppose but that's a large opening to lob a petrol bomb in and light up the rarden's rounds and engulf the inside of the vehicle.

Molotov cocktails on the engine deck can render a vehicle immobile and lead to some other bad things happening - like exploding fuel tanks, engine melting, cooking the crew inside, etc.

I'm just suprised the Brits didn't open fire. I'm sure if they were Americans they would've probably opened up on everyone.

Molotov cocktails on the engine deck can render a vehicle immobile and lead to some other bad things happening - like exploding fuel tanks, engine melting, cooking the crew inside, etc.

I'm just suprised the Brits didn't open fire. I'm sure if they were Americans they would've probably opened up on everyone.

Peacekeeping...........................well trying to.

@Borody, please take those sick fucking pictures off now, i couldnt care less if people wanted to see, but i frankly dont want to see someone alight and in agony captured on still frame, its fucking sick

Wildo

All taken off the liberal brigade website that is the BBC. I thought they would of been the last to put them on.

i didnt mean as if i was having ago at you, but just seeing those still pictures makes me feel sick, and the bbc has no morale code anyway! why do you think we get casualty and holby city!? crazy_o.gif

but im sorry if i overeacted at you smile_o.gif

Wildo

Does somebody has a link to this video? I am kiiind of interested what I have missed....

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">http://news.bbc.co.uk/nolavconsole/shared/player/player.stm?title=UK soldiers 'storm' Basra prison&clipurl=http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/news_web/video/40819000/nb/40819624_nb_16x9!asx&cs=news

Paste in your browser

Quote[/b] ]I'm just suprised the Brits didn't open fire

They did , but it´s not pictured on the video. An unknown number of demonstraters have been killed/wounded.

Guest RKSL-Rock

They did , but it´s not pictured on the video. An unknown number of demonstraters have been killed/wounded.

Its rather strange that it hasnt been reported anywhere like that but the Antiwar PR sites.

EDIT actually I cant find a single news service (even Al Jezeera and a few arabic news sites) dont claim the British Forces opened fire on the crowd at any point. So where did you get that from?

i didnt mean as if i was having ago at you, but just seeing those still pictures makes me feel sick, and the bbc has no morale code anyway! why do you think we get casualty and holby city!?  crazy_o.gif

but im sorry if i overeacted at you smile_o.gif

Wildo

I understand mate. I should of thought of it beforehand to be honest mate.

People who were in the rioting were killed... by each other. In the process of chucking missiles and petrol bombs they obviously hurt & killed their own. The soldiers didn't open fire, amazingly, well not in the riot situation. They did open fire (according to a report i read) during the rescue attempt of the 2 soldiers from within a militia house.

Does somebody has a link to this video? I am kiiind of interested what I have missed....

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">http://news.bbc.co.uk/nolavconsole/shared/player/player.stm?title=UK soldiers 'storm' Basra prison&clipurl=http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/news_web/video/40819000/nb/40819624_nb_16x9!asx&cs=news

Paste in your browser

crazy_o.gif "minor wounds" , I can't wait to hear the journal from the soldiers who's fregging NECK was on fire! They must've had good clothing then... i'd go with a brittish tank crew suit to war anyday! untouchable!! notworthy.gif

Still though, I was wondering something kinda sick... couln't there be a script like this for ofp? for example to cope with dammage done by grenades? Not that I enjoy seeing terrified people roll for their lifes, fall off their driving baking plate and being chased by an angry mod btw.. just to let people taste what sick stuff can happen in a war.

*seriously hopes the crew wasn't badly injured*

Quote[/b] ]i'd go with a brittish tank crew suit to war anyday! untouchable!!

I think they where wearing soldier 95 desert shirts and trousers. crazy_o.gif

It was saying on BBC that the gunner has been sent to england for treatment.

Quote[/b] ] So where did you get that from?

BBC. Check the pictures and the text underneath them.

Guest RKSL-Rock

Erm i dont know which article you are looking at but it obviously isnt the same one as the rest of us.

Would you be kind enough to post a link?

They fired warning shots into the air to disperse the crowd, from what i read on the BBC site.

just saw the news, all of the crew are good and well, smile_o.gif thye shown the video of one of the guys compltly on fire pelting it out the turret and jumping off the back to be put out by his squad mates, thank god they were there otherwise if the IFV was on its own it could have been alot worse!

Wildo

i read about this on guardian.co.uk, and had the picture of the soldier escaping the burning vehicle. but whats the story w/ the jail break? why not ask for the release instead of trying to bail him out.

The military are saying they asked for over 2 hours for their release but it was refused. And when they stormed the prison they found out the soldiers had been handed over to militia in a nearby house! So good job they were suspicious otherwise there may have been more beheadings!

Kind of justifies the point of their investigations into militia infiltration of the police, doesnt it, they get hauled in by the police and then handed over..... icon_rolleyes.gif

Under BBC picture 7 on the incident:

Quote[/b] ]A number of civilians were reported killed and injured in the demonstrations.

The picture:

7.jpg