Sign in to follow this  
FischKopp

SEF_LAV

Help   crazy_o.gif

Hi.

I need help on the following thing:

I have downloaded the Lav addons Pack. and install it.

whell now if I start Ofp, I get in the start of Ofp, an error note that go's Like this:

'o|#:': error unnone operator'

I think its an misplaced thing in the config.file of it.

But want to be sure so can you give me some idea's about it.

Or better help me out on it.

I tested Ofp firmly and it is only, afther I install these  

Lav addons. With everything that is needed. huh.gif

If I can fix this problem error of it then I can use them in myn Mfcti mission. I'm working on.

Bay the way, do have more folks this kinda problem?

I'll hoop that you can help me out on it.

In front verry and verry much thank's

Greetings ed-Dutchie  welcome.gif

ed-Dutchie, everyone gets that problem with the SEF addons. The cause is unknown and I don't think SEF intends to fix it (it isn't game killing, although I don't know what it does to a dedicated server).

The error is caused by two classes in the CfgAmmo of the SEF_Misc config (SEF_AIM9 and SEF_AGM65)...

Reason unknown, at least for me...

Don't know if FischKopp has been able to fix it..

-----------------------------------------------

class AIM9: Weapon {};

class SEF_AIM9: AA

model="\SEF_Misc\Rockets\AIM9.p3d";

class SEF_AIM9x4: SEF_AIM9x2

count=4;

class MaverickLauncher: HellfireLauncher {};

class SEF_AIM9x2: MaverickLauncher

count=2;

sound[]={"\SEF_Misc\sound\aim9_fire.ogg",1,1};

-------------------------------------------------

class AGM65D: Weapon {};

class SEF_AGM65: Hellfire

model="\SEF_Misc\Rockets\AGM65D.p3d";

sound[]={"\SEF_Misc\sound\shot_stinger.wss",3,1};

class SEF_AGM65x2: MaverickLauncher

displayNameMagazine="AGM-65 Maverick";

sound[]={"\SEF_Misc\sound\MaverickLaunch",3,1};

class SEF_AGM65x8: SEF_AGM65x2

count=8;

--------------------------------------------------

Well I don’t think that the SEF_AIM9 and AGM65 will be the problem.

the Config.file it looks Oke.

Error note ( 'o|#:': error unnone operator' )

But there is something wrong with it. An sort of Eventhandler.(thing)

it begins wrong, it get an "o" and it need something ells as the

right answer. that’s way the error note.

you just cant point your finger on it. on wat it is.  huh.gif

Or it is in an script. file  were the outcome of it is wrong "o"

and it need something ells as an answer.

To solve this thing you need to no

The Watt, When, were. plus outcome, is answer.

but if you can not piont your finger on it.

It will be searching for an needel in a haystack. confused_o.gif

So I do hoop that he find it and will come up with an Fix on it. It wil be pity if not.

Because people will not use the addons because of this little bug thing.

And that’s not wat we want. they are good addons.

It is even an break in the Mfcti community

to deal with something totally new instead of the none trucks.

the light factory will have nice addons to begin with.

But we cannot use them because the little error note.

Quote[/b] ]

Franze (wrote)

ed-Dutchie, everyone gets that problem with the SEF addons. The cause is unknown and I don't think SEF intends

to fix it (it isn't game killing, although I don't know what it does to a dedicated server).

well lets hoop for the best and that he will Fix that problem.

Or that someone came up with an Fix for it. It wil be pity if not.

Greetings ed Dutchie  welcome.gif

Actually, if it happens during OFP loading , it is not a script that will be launched when you need it ingame.

So it is certainly a script that is pre-loaded , so maybe a .sqf file function and what is "calling"/preprocess it that are faulty.

But, if you comment out those two entries from the config the error message disappears...

(actually, you comment out the 'contents' of each of those classes or you have trouble..)

I admit that the way the error message is displayed would be very odd if it indeed was a config error as it is the scripting errors that are presented that way...

The scripts use loadFile instead of preprocessFile due to certain OFP features but I don't know whether they are so different from each other (other than a few details I won't get into here)..

EDIT -- Oh and Fischkopp did test this by removing all the scripts from the Misc.pbo and the error still occurred --

How ever, if it was a .sqf error the error message would show the whole .sqf code, not just 0...

If it was an .sqs error it would also show some line of code, not just 0...

This is a complete mystery to me... confused_o.gif

Hi, HateR_kint  smile_o.gif

I'm sorry that I was to fast in myn justment.

If the error is gone afther you did wat you did.

Then you are right!

We must now follow this on the (watt,were,when)

it will leads us closer to the source of the problem.

More name's maybe some script's?

Quote[/b] ]

But, if you comment out those two entries from the config the error message disappears...

(actually, you comment out the 'contents' of each of those classes or you have trouble..)

Could you give me an Idea on wat you have done? I dont think that I understand it

with wat you mean by ( comment out those two entries )

could you give an illustration or example of it ?

If you will. thank's in front

Hi, Sanctuary smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

Actually, if it happens during OFP loading , it is not a script that will be launched when you need it ingame.

So it is certainly a script that is pre-loaded , so maybe a .sqf file function and what is "calling"/preprocess it that are faulty.

I agree on this and will search for...

When I no somthing I will let you no.

Never think of that one, calling"/preprocess

But I'm in the right direction is my guess'.

Now finding it and see wat it make's acting to.

Greetings ed-Dutchie  welcome.gif

'Commenting out' means this:

normal code

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class whateverer: whatever

{

stuff = blah blah;

crap = yada yada;

};

commented out code

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class whateverer: whatever

{

/* stuff = blah blah;

crap = yada yada;*/

};

or

{

//stuff = blah blah;

//crap = yada yada;

};

In this case (SEF_Misc config) you must do it like that because otherwise you get errors, something like 'missing CfgAmmo whatever'...

smile_o.gif  Hi, HateR_Kint

Very Much Thanks for the tip.

It is very useful and also to use in other addons just to see how thing's works.

Greetings ed-Dutchie and thanks again. welcome.gif

Is there a way to use LAV-M mortar to shoot udirectly to the target (shoot and hit of course).

Or is it just a toy?

Quote[/b] ]Is there a way to use LAV-M mortar to shoot udirectly to the target (shoot and hit of course).

Or is it just a toy?

yeah I was wondering, how do you aim it so you will hit the target?

@AiRBLaDE With practice biggrin_o.gif . I looked at adding UA support (for personal use)to it but for the life of me can't figure it out crazy_o.gifsmile_o.gif

it has a very long range to begin with.... so it isnt really usefull if you cannot see what your hitting. Very nice idea though, I would love to have this working with UA or something....

Mortor LAv-25 works fine using it like in the real military and spotting for players crewing it for fire missions. UAV is kinda wasted on it, AI never operate indirect fire weapons anyway without COC scripts.

Thread resurrection for a good cause. I hope it's OK...

The symptom

On loading OFP with the SEF_Misc addon, you'll see this error message:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">'O:#': error unknown operatorThe SEF_Misc addon is used for the LAV addon in this thread and other addons by SEF such as the Humvee and the CH-53.

The reason

The error is caused by two classes in the CfgAmmo of the SEF_Misc config (SEF_AIM9 and SEF_AGM65)...

Reason unknown, at least for me...

Don't know if FischKopp has been able to fix it..

I've found the snag. It is indeed in the ammo definitions for SEF_AIM9 and SEF_AGM65 in it's config.cpp. The problem is this:

<span style='color:red'>They both have colons (":") at the end of the "laserLock=false" lines instead of the proper semicolon ";"</span>

The fix

The file is config.cpp in SEF_Misc.pbo, version 1.0. On lines 526 and 552, change the trailing ":" to a semicolon, ";" and the problem goes away.

I think this calls for a banana... yay.gif

Just to let you know, that error was identified and corrected ages ago when the last update to SEF_Misc came out, with the updated humwees or something.. smile_o.gif

But anyway, yay.gif

Quote[/b] ]Just to let you know, that error was identified and corrected ages ago when the last update to SEF_Misc came out, with the updated humwees or something.. smile_o.gif

But anyway, yay.gif

Oh lovely... biggrin_o.gif I plead old age whistle.gif

The threads relevant to this addon should be updated to let people know the bug has been fixed.

At least now everyone who is interested in config.cpp syntax bug hunting will know for sure and how to fix it themselves. smile_o.gif

Thank's Killswitch

Nice job I myself was looking in the wrong addon's

Never cross my mind that it would be the Misc addon! whistle.gif

I stik to the lav addons it self and was stuck on it.

Great job and thank's it all works fine now. biggrin_o.gif

( Only the mortier Lav need some adjustments ) crazy_o.gif

Greetings ed-dutchie and have fun.

Baytheway the bug is also in the new version off the Hmmwv's

New thing so let nobody bring you in doubt.

(maybe the site use the old thing but you never will no!wink_o.gif

Hi All

Small update to the LAV's and the Misc files. All i have done is added ChainofCommand's UA support. Delete the SEF_LAV-XCfg.pbo manually because the new file has a slightly different name and wont replace the old file, and replace the SEF_Misc file. This is a unofficial update, with permission from FischKopp of course, and NO model or texture changes were done! If there is a problem let me know and I'll see what I can do.

For now you can set a Waypoint and move there, 1 Aimpoint(as the original M252), Select Number of Rounds and Fire When Ready/At My Command. If multiple aimpoints are requested enough I will add it in, but for now 1 aimpoint. IF there is a demand for further features ie change firing patterns and High Angle/Low Angle then these can be added. However its my understanding that mortars use High Angle only so I didnt add it for this reason. As for patterns let me know. Im hoping that ChainofCommand release UA 1.1 before ArmA so i can add different ammo (want to add WillyPete, Smoke, Illumination rounds and what ever else they use.) There is also the starting of Shoot&Scoot tactics to be used in the ChainofCommand's scripts so if 1.1 features it i will update to include it in this. So enough rambaling and have fun smile_o.gif

http://www10.rapidupload.com/d.php?file=dl&filepath=16255

PS Warhead values are based on ChainofCommand's M252. And you shouldnt have the same resupply problem the UA system has, i forgot to check this, but with 99 rounds i doubt that will be to much of a problem rofl.gif

Thank you to FischKopp for his magnificent work on these babies, and the ChainofCommand for bring us a real working artillery system we can plug stuff into. Hopefully more to come!

nice to see this addon still being worked on.

Snoops, I noticed in the update file, the SEF_LAV-XCfg.pbo file was named SEF_LAVXCfg.pbo, without a - mark. Should it be that way, or do we have to add that dash mark for it to work?

Yes it should be this way. Adding the "-" will cause it not to work properly. wink_o.gif

Clarification new file sohould be SEF_LAVXCfg.pbo not SEF_LAV-XCfg.pbo, hope this helps

Snoop

You did a great job in setting the LAV up. Couple of things Ive found. I tried using the LAV and the CoC mortar together to look at how the two fire since they in theory should be similar. What I have found is the LAV does not fire in a high trajectory like a mortar should. It fires more like a light field gun. The barrel of the mortar does not adjust to the range correctly. Other than that it does everything else it should. Great work.

Thank you for pointing that out! I honestly didnt even notice rofl.gif

Well that is a simple fix, so i might post update soon smile_o.gif

^^

As i said updated to fire HA properly! Also added CoC support for the LAV-C2 class. So if you command a C2 you can call artillery support now too tounge2.gif

http://www10.rapidupload.com/d.php?file=dl&filepath=17203

Please any more bugs(relating to UA in this addon) let me know and have fun!

Thank you for pointing that out! I honestly didnt even notice  rofl.gif

Well that is a simple fix, so i might post update soon smile_o.gif

^^

As i said updated to fire HA properly! Also added CoC support for the LAV-C2 class. So if you command a C2 you can call artillery support now too  tounge2.gif

http://www10.rapidupload.com/d.php?file=dl&filepath=17203

Please any more bugs(relating to UA in this addon) let me know and have fun!

snoop This worked great. Thanks so much for doing this. Now that you have cracked this nut, any chance you can do a write up on how to convert units to CoC. Great job my friend.

Thanks.