Sign in to follow this  
Stugwi

A returning soldier

Hi all,

I quit flashpoint about 3 years ago.

Been playing Americas Army but i would like to get back in to flashpoint.

I am starting from scratch with Gold edition & resistance.

What addons, maps ect should i get for current online play. huh.gif ...any advice would be appretiated.

Thx in advance

Thx Hobo notworthy.gif ,

looks like i got a fair bit of download time  tounge2.gif

check the video in my sig, might give you some idea of how the scenery of OFP has been diversified over the past few years

you can scroll through the "combat photography" threads as well, these showcase newest units in brilliant display quality

hi dude,

I recently came back to OFP (well kinda always kept with the news) and was amazed at the progress made.

Virtually its all about the SDK ever since BIS publically released it everyone has made their own addons at varying quality (mainly perfect quality) and its made OFP great. The community seem to work well together and there are equal amounts of addon makers and mods working for the East and West. The problem which I believe we are now facing is that alot of addons being made are suffering the m4 syndrome meaning that every tom, dick and harry have released their version of the m4 but systems like JAM have kept compatibility with various addons.

Outta curiosity addons which I believe are suffering the m4 syndrome are

the t72s and alot the russian infantry (but the quality is great)

Apart from that you can d/l addons, addon packs and full mods of armies and defence forces of many countries in the world an example is recently awsome Chinese Mod was released and even more recently the Turkish Mod and the Polish Mod have popped up and I have to say the quality is great.

But not everything is about addons there are some great effect packs out there which do everything from changing the default models in game to adding new animations (which I highly recommend you to get) to making the AI alot more smarter.

anyway I'm rambeling as though I'm in a retierment home.

PS. did i ever tell you the story about how i used a nickle to cross the Mississippi just jokin

welcome.gif back Stugwi.

Your first stop should be ECP.

It's basicly giving OFP a boob job with some awesome effects, sounds (shells screaming past your head anyone?) and AI enhancements and it's totally customizable.

Imo the #1 addition to OFP so far and i never go to war without it.

This thread is a good place to start, after that I'd suggest spending some time reading the forums.