Sign in to follow this  
Chriz

early 80's soldier pack beta soon

yeh thats a modified alpha of OPGWCs ch-46 wink_o.gif

you have to give he US soldiers M16a1 to plz bekus the M16a2 dident go in to service befor 1984 i think

didnt the replace the olive drabs with US standard woodland camo in the mid-late 70's?

anyways, very good word notworthy.gif

no they still used ODs in the early 80s.  Not until later did woodland come out.

two updated pics on the usuall site of the finshed east and west ofp E3xbox replica troops wink_o.gif

great work. Chriz!

im not sure if you know anything about unit replacement. But is it possible for you to add or edit something in your soldier addon that will not cause the game to crash if I replace these soldiers with the default ones?

that would be so awesome.

im not sure if you know anything about unit replacement. But is it possible for you to add or edit something in your soldier addon that will not cause the game to crash if I replace these soldiers with the default ones?

.P3D rarely are sources of CTD , if you've crashes , they can be due to "custom" animations , scripts in EH , useless lines in the class , missing something or bad defined lines in cfgammo/cfgweapon of the used weapon by the class's soldier, check again your config or make a new one replacing only "models" and "sounds".

Regards

Thunderbird84

That US helmet does look look a lot like a watermelon.  crazy_o.gif

If it's the helmet off the nam troops, I dont recall it looking "that" big.

A medium M1 steel helmet is 24 cm wide what you do is this open 02 open your soldier model and use the left view so you are looking at the soldier from the front or the right so you are looking at him from behind. now create a plane which has X= 0.24 and Y= 4(so you don't have to move the plane to use it) now you have created a plane that you can scale from grab the helmet part of the model and decreas or increas size until the helmet is as wide as the plane. Then you delete the plande you used for scaling and you have a correctly scaled helmet(height and lenth might not be correct depends on the model)

STGN

thanks stgn for the infos a checked and the plane fits the helmet already its posibly too high however i own my own m1 steel helmet and its is scaled to this one wink_o.gif

To be honest think you should spend a bit more time on the soldier textures. Drawback of having to constantly contend with the likes of Lauma, HYK and Laser. its going to leave you spamed with numbers of people moaning to make them better. or bitching cause they are not up to that quality. You did a great job on the vehicles, but its rather lacking in the textures of the infantry units. Think the officer should wear a steel pot as well, in a real unit all men wear helmets. Should also tilt the helmets never can keep them on straight 90% of the time.

My opinion is you can't really compare them to units like LASER's deltas and other high detailed ones. It's impossible to archieve something similar with better textures alone / without adding more model details.

Besides: i'd rather have very nice units that also run fine than UBERdetailed ones that lag OpF to death. smile_o.gif

)rStrangelove @ Sep. 17 2005,15:29)]My opinion is you can't really compare them to units like LASER's deltas and other high detailed ones. It's impossible to archieve something similar with better textures alone / without adding more model details.

Besides: i'd rather have very nice units that also run fine than UBERdetailed ones that lag OpF to death. smile_o.gif

Lemme guess you still have the PC you had when you buyed OFP?

huh.gif

If a honest opinion counts here i think these units look bit like of the time when O2 was released.

Models dont have to be uber detail, ok, but at least textures should be a improvement over BIS ones or not?

thanks for the comments guys but i was really just realseing all the clutter on my h/d these arnt meant to be super realistic it was just a fun project and a learning curve (both on the model and textures front) ill prolbably now realese all the addons in somre sort of "open source pack "or sumthing i was working on a totaly new soldier project but at the moment i dont really have the time work college and personal take priority over OFP

chris wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ] i was really just realseing all the clutter on my h/d these arnt meant to be super realistic it was just a fun project

If you want to avoid the hassle of moaning and griping about realism...make sure to post something like that in large letters at the top of the thread when you release so people will take them for what they are.