Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

Important Decision - Request your opinion

Hi mates !

As you know FFUR is entirely based on '85 era , but it seems the majority of people do prefer modern units , so I would like to have your opinion !

By the way , Actually the majority of best addons ever done for OFP are mainly intended to the current era, so if you want FFUR will make also a Total Conversion pack based on 2005 Gear then we can do it smile_o.gif

We will use the best addons (RHS , ORCS , Laser,...etc)

Realism will still be controled by military advisers (Sapper Dan, Uziyahu...)

Effects will still be the current used FFUR ones

Reven will be in charge for Readme , installer , etc

Config , Scripts , GUI , addons selections are still of course my job !

Keep me informed smile_o.gif

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

If it changes to 2005 maybe the 'east' units can be change to Iraqs to fit better.

(Cold war in 2005 sounds kinda crazy_o.gif )

Sure, dont see why not..

You've got a lot of the basis of this done already. Once you've done the winter/desert pack I dont see why not. Only thing is the Y2K3 mod is pretty much what your planning with this (Is it still in development? If not this problem disappears tounge2.gif)

Another suggestion, a WW2 total conversion pack? There is more than enough addons to find a similar thing, only main unit missing is helicopters.. But infantry are simple to change to their WW2 counterparts (Soldier -> WW2 soldier with M1, Soldier MG -> WW2 Soldier with BAR, BlackOp -> WW2 SAS etc etc), tanks, change OFP's ones to WW2 equivlent, planes (A10 LGB -> WW2 fighter/bomber, etc, sorry, my knowledge of WW2 isn't great tounge2.gif)

It's something that (to my knowledge) hasn't been done before (okay so hardly accurate, WW2 units in a Cold War Crisis campaign, but it'd be fun/very different tounge2.gif)

But back to your question, a modern equivelent would be good, but it's been done (For example, a FFUR 2005 pack would be very similar to Y2K3, no?). But, if you want to, and it wouldn't delay the Winter/Desert packs (:p), go for it

- Ben

Defiantly try doing a 2005 mod. RHS stuff is so high quality, yet it seems that unit replacement authors tend to stay away from it! crazy_o.gif

Yep WWII idea is really awesome , but I will have to deal with WWII military experts because my own informations of this era don't help me a lot...but this project's idea is awesome ,

maybe we will carry it out after FFUR v5.0 2005 smile_o.gif

I would prefer WWII, too. But anyway, 2005 version would be great!

I would prefer 2005, However, Wo2 would be.. unique! I believe everything is already made. a "WO2 building conversion" for everon / malden / kulgujev would fit the pack smile_o.gif . Also, standardised config values would make it very popular for all "wo2 fans" smile_o.gif

i didnt vote and wont since i dont know wich i would chose

for 1985 era its great i prefer the weapons then Y2K3 but 2005 and 2003 wich Y2K3 do there arent as many newer addons for 2005 but ive got a nice idea how about a modern day SAS mod or British Army ? that would be a change there are no Brit mods only ones for Americans ?

but if i got the option i would stay keep with 1985 and let Y2K3 and EECP do the 2005 one even if it is only 2003

Plaease,please.pretty please could you do a 2005 version.I would be forever in your debt inlove.gif

I like the idea of different conversion themes, but Y2K3 fits the bill (or should with the next update) for modern units IMO. I think the ideas for WW2 or for specific countries besides the US are great ideas. wink_o.gif

how abut USA vs China use the VME mod

USA whants to take away the Komunism in China whistle.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

I would love it as long as it's the US vs Russia. biggrin_o.gif

how abut USA vs China use the VME mod

USA whants to take away the Komunism in China whistle.gif

now thas what I'm tlkin about...thas what I was hoping VME was gonna do sad_o.gif a total conversion with hyk soldiers etc and the VME stuff would be great

Yeah thunderbird smile_o.gif i like very much yours TC...

It's an exellent thing that you make interest about the community... An 2005 pack woulb be exellent and an WWII pack... Own my god i never thank about that but... The idea is so great !

BTW...OT...kinda....I had depbo'd the music.pbo too get at the theme song from Black Hawk Down,and was playing it over and over trying to figure out what language it was.i couldn't figure it out so went and did a search...its "breton"  and I found the translation...however,the "female" parts are actually jibberish I believe,phonetically made up.Atleast thats what I could find on "her" amoungst different websites....FYI here it is:

Gortoz a ran

Gortozet 'm eus, gortozet pell

E skeud teńval tourioů gell

E skeud teńval an tourioů glav

C'hwi am gwelo 'c'hortoz atav

Un deiz a vo 'teuio en-dro

Dreist ar morioů, dreist ar maezioů

D'am laerezh war an treujoů

'Teuio en-dro karget a fru

'Teuio en-dro an avel c'hlas

Da analań va c'halon c'hloaz't

Kaset e vin diouzh e anal

Pell gant ar red en ur vro all

Kaset e vin diouzh e alan

Pell gant ar red, hervez 'deus c'hoant

Hervez 'deus c'hoant pell eus ar bed

Etre ar mor hag ar stered

--------------

I'm Waiting

I was waiting, waiting for a long time

In the dark shadow of grey towers

In the dark shadow of rain towers

You will see me waiting forever

One day it will come back

Over the seas, over the lands

Over the lands, over the seas

To steal me on the threshold

It will come back full of spray

In the dark shadow of the black towers

Will come back the blue wind

For my wounded heart to breathe

I will be pulled away by its blow

Far away by its stream to another land

I will be pulled away by its breath

Far away by its stream, wherever it wants

Wherever it wants, far away from this world

Between the sea and the stars

think you could list the other titles in the pbo?

I'd like to see a WW2 conversion  thumbs-up.gif

But I think donig a Russia vs America 2005 one wouldn't be too good. I mean, you can see the difference between FFUR's 1985 and Y2K3s 2003, but would there really be a noticable difference between 2003 and 2005?

However, I like TabloMaxos idea of changing East to Iraqi units, and having desert islands as replacments etc. wink_o.gif

But I suppose this would interfere with the BIS missions, with the US troops calling the Iraqis 'commies' and 'russkies'  crazy_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I mean, you can see the difference between FFUR's 1985 and Y2K3s 2003, but would there really be a noticable difference between 2003 and 2005?

yep totally agree with that, i would love to see a WW2 mod  but many missions wont be playable eg Chopper missions but it would be nice

Quote[/b] ]However, I like TabloMaxos idea of changing East to Iraqi units, and having desert islands as replacments etc.

i like the sound of that too, and its still near enough 2005 units

But the Americans would call the Iraqi's commies and Ruskies but i couldnt get over that, i dont know why butit reminds me of when in FFUR 5.0 now when eg the camera andgle shows a radio but the addon doesnt have one when the BIS one did

anyway good luck with what you decide to do  biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]yep totally agree with that, i would love to see a WW2 mod but many missions wont be playable eg Chopper missions but it would be nice

Exactly , that's the main problem for a WW II conversion pack , I still don't know what aircrafts may I use to replace the choppers for the 43/44 era , WWII planes won't fit, imagine the first CWC mission , when soldiers must disembark from the blackhawk to attack the villages behind the forrest , how it would be using a WWII pack , eeew...

Finally I think it's best to keep only a FFUR 2005, except if you can come with some pretty ideas wink_o.gif

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

i stil thinks my first idea is best

2005/2006

USA vs China

Russia vs China

that can be maide

Yeah , Nice Idea... Honestly I prefer a Russia vs China..

we have all the necessary addons to do it smile_o.gif

what do you think about that ?

Chinese as west

and russians as east ?

hope you got a good mission team whistle.gif

But i love the idea abut Russia vs China