Sign in to follow this  
pogingwapo

New T-72 released!

T72: the new M4 crazy_o.gif

heres a wild idea... how bout someone do a new shilka. perhaps one with a hope of release.

4 years and theres only been one attempt at a new shilka.. and its by a team that afaik has only released one thing publicly since the dawn of their mod.

sorry to get off topic here but this is like the 4th or 5th new T72 released. every one of them fantastic but lets concentrate on what we dont have and we dont have a shilka.

This is way cooler than the ORCS(I belive) one I don't know which is more realistic but this is better looking and has better scripts.

STGN

Agreed, one of the best T-72s yet. Hate to take it off topic but that Shilka is one thing I've been looking forward to most..

looks nice but usual one of the exe install setups, eh, already got my PC hosed by one of those. Losing a ton of addons WIPs I'll pass on this one in hopes it will be a normal rar or zip format later.

looks nice but usual one of the exe install setups, eh, already got my PC hosed by one of those.    Losing a ton of addons WIPs I'll pass on this one in hopes it will be a normal rar or zip format later.

If you have Winrar installed, just unpack the .exe-installer:

right klick on the .exe-file, chose "unpack in Folder xyz (my language settings are german, so have a look how it is in english) and then run it!

.exe-files can be easyly unpacked and installed manually in the folder you prefer without any complications.

smile_o.gif

Second, the Shilka: of course, a new one would be nice. But do you know DKM's Tunguska? It's a hell of an AA- vehicle, high effective and hard to take out.

I think it is well made and should be used in missions as well as the bunch of new T-72s.

DKM Tunguska on ofp.info

tunguska_03_s.jpg

tunguska_01_s.jpg

tunguska_02_s.jpg

I think the main reason Pappy wants a new Shilka, and not a similar or more advanced replacement for it, is so that he can use it in his conversion mod to replace the default Shilka, which is looking pretty dated next to all the other replacements he's found to use in Y2K3

Arttech is an ORCS member. If you wish to discuss this addon, you know where.

There're a lot of mistakes in this model, that cannot be seen by western "experts", and a few little bugs, but it's still a good addon. This addon will not be supported by ODS.

your right for some reason one has the arena missile radar on turret roof but no arena countermeasurers(last picture) crazy_o.gif only t-80B and t-80um1 were tested with arena i believe

Closing at the request of ORCS team.