Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR Huge Release !!

Umm I spotted of what looks like a bug. When I was putting some soldiers in a BMP... they werent inside the BMP but above the BMP. I was wondering if this was looked into by others.

@.COMmunist

About the shorcut...

"Operation Flashpoint" or "OperationFlashpoint"

Which do you have and what does the shorcut destination point to?

They have to be the same so you might have to edit your shorcut to match the correct spelling of your directory. The icon wont work if the shorcut is pointing to the wrong directory.

I think that's what your problem is if I understood your post.  whistle.gif

T.Bird, thanks for this great mod! I absolutely love it! I've only got a few suggestions...

Have the island-makers, or whomever made your new foliage, correct the LOD meshes on the foliage. The trees have white all around the textures, it's like the transparency layers for the leaf polys were done incorrectly or something (maybe this is because of my DXDLL addon).

Also, please change the AH-64 in the next patch, I recommend this one if they'll let you use it: ftp://www.gamezone.cz:8021/ofpd/unofaddons2/MPIV_AH64_121.rar.

Also, the missile firing sounds inside the AH-64 sound very low quality.

Don't get me wrong though, despite these SMALL short-comings, FFUR v5.0 is AWESOME! Once again, congratulations on making an incredible mod. yay.gif

Also, please change the AH-64 in the next patch, I recommend this one if they'll let you use it: ftp://www.gamezone.cz:8021/ofpd/unofaddons2/MPIV_AH64_121.rar.

Ah you people and your same old crap :\,if your going to use that thing then you might as well use BIS apache,theres pretty much no difference other than sounds,I swear you people are given somethin new and ya turn it down in an instant,the sounds as I was told by NodUnit when I asked him were taken from LB2,and thats the closest of what they sound in real life,their not low quality you guys are just too picky.

I deleted Operation Flashpoint folder and just left OperationFlashpoint ( where all the stuff is ). I uninstall FFUR and this time it is in my OperationFlashpoint directory. I double click the FFUR icon that is already in my OF directory (not the shortcut from the desktop), but it still can't find it.

In the screenshots what settings have you put the FlashFX config on? Those look loads more beautifull than what I've got (even though it's still very impressive). I hope it isn't a Photoshop effect! help.gif

OH BTW

To anyone who's having the "Send" "Don't Send" error here's what to do!

Go to your FFUR shortcut, right click and go into properties. From there in the "Target" box add "-nomap" (without the " " ) and click apply. It should work.

IF that still dosn't work look for a "-nosplash" in the box. If it isn't there you'll have to add it in.

Remeber add this bit of coding at the end of the box (after your game directory)

Hope this helps!

great job the screens look fantastic

is your team making and CTI conversion for this using MFCTI notworthy.gif

id love to play CTI with this pack thumbs-up.gif

it would be cool to a have a Conversion for all sorts of maps CTI,Coop,CTF,C&H i think it would make the pack that much more popular on the servers pistols.gif

Noticed a problem with the installer altho i told i directed it to my OFP folder it decided to create it's own Operation Flashpont Folder and install it there.

minor probelm but i noticed another post in regards to this sure enough it happen to me  tounge2.gif

i have moved to proper folder  still will not RUN  confused_o.gif  sad_o.gif

my Target line for OFP

"C:\Program Files\Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE"

ffur target line

"C:\Program Files\Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE" -mod=FFUR

then i notice the shotcut in properties that it is a GOTY short cut when i have older CW/res install  sad_o.gif

mabe you can include a res shortcut in future

for those people with older CW/res simply make a new shortcut and add -mod=FFUR to end of your target line nener.gif

OH MY GOD still can't play all the buttons in the book do not work only the close button  sad_o.gif  sad_o.gif  sad_o.gif  crazy_o.gif

i give up i will uninstall for now mabe you can make a Zipped MOD folder version CW/res friendly or explain what i have done wrong  sad_o.gif  

@russin - Take away the space in between the Operation and the Flashpoint on the FFUR shortcut's icon

Now I have another problem. I click the FFUR shortct and no errors! Then when its about done loading it gets to the "Welcome to Cold War Crisis" or something then freezes everything  sad_o.gif

there is major problem something is a miss i guess this is only for GOTY version of OFP  sad_o.gif

hmm now it works go figure

ya make a new shotcut for CW/RES installs

make Target line look like this

"C:\Program Files\Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE" /nosplash -mod=FFUR

the buttons in the book now work also on Coldwar intro screen takes a bit to switch to main menu

tried a single player mission awesome job from what i see now  notworthy.gif  just took a little troube shoting to get it going with CW/Res

note: please Add a CW/RES intall to avoid any futher issues  nener.gif

very very very good job the wait was worth it notworthy.gif

regards russin pistols.gif

Hi all !

The download link still works , but there would be very soon new mirrors

for people who have "operationflashpoint" instead of "operation flashpoint" , just choose your directory while installing , then change the shortcut icon's path , that's it , not hard to do smile_o.gif

once ffur launched you'll have to wait a bit then have fun

wink_o.gif

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

WAAHOOO released at long last looking good biggrin_o.gif

downloading now

i tried using Get right download manager it aked me for a password and username wich i dont have so i used normal windows downloader and it worked if thats not your problem im not sure try the .zip on the first page if not then i suppose you may have to wait for the mirrors to come in

Neither of them work, download manager rooted up, so i dunno whats goin on :S thanx for the assist tho

Neither of them work, download manager rooted up, so i dunno whats goin on :S thanx for the assist tho

ok I'm uploading it on another ftp in the goal to make a second mirror wink_o.gif

Just installed... and ffur starts without errors... seems to be nice piece of work, though haven't tried out yet.

What i did... i just fixed target, start in lines (folder paths) in shortcut icon and added -nomap parameter in target box. Now ffur starts without problems.

I tought that the sounds will be replaced by new ones :s

Like new m2 sounds ect... But it's still the old sounds of FFUR 5.0 Non final icon_rolleyes.gif

FOR THOSE WHO ARE USING DXDLL AND HAVE (or want to) INSTALL THE NEW SKY PACK !!!

When you go to your FFUR folder and press the INSTALL.bat a new SKY will be installed, but that is not all ... there will be new stars and a new NVG model and a new textures will be installed for the night vision view !

with those you will have a clear view (not this dizzy from original OFP), but the dxdll NVG effects won't work anymore.

a pic to show what i mean.

when using NVGs at DAY you won't see much because it is to bright, when using dxdll !

(pic: first pic with new CLEAR view

Second pic with old BIS view but DXDLL effect

both pics are made in the morning)

dxdllnvg.jpg

what you have to do if you want the new sky but the old nvg view so that the dxdll effect works....

Quote[/b] ]

Go to your FFUR folder.

There you will find a folder called NEWDATA, in this folder are 5 texture files called:

night_sum.01.paa

night_sum.02.paa

night_sum.03.paa

night_sum.04.paa

night_sum.05.paa

those have to be deleted (better make a backup) then install the NEWDATA by pressing the INSTALL.bat in the ffuR folder !!!

(If you have installed the new SKY PACK yet just do the same)

if you want to have the clear view again. put the 5 files in the new data folder again and press the install.bat !

@THUNDERBIRD.

there is a missing texture on the AH64

ahtexture.jpg

by the way who made the AH64. it is not from Franze & NodUnit and not from Marco-Polo-IV or am i wrong know ?!

benus

yeah also about that apache what do the extra options do i clicked them but nothing changed ?

Great work by the way

Quote[/b] ]Like new m2 sounds ect... But it's still the old sounds of FFUR 5.0 Non final

Currents sounds are realistic and several people do like them , plus militaries approved using them to replace BIS ones .

Thank you benus , I will fix that in the incoming patch. smile_o.gif