Sign in to follow this  
supergruntsb78

Bahadur released

taken form ofp.info

Bahadur v1.0 beta released!!! 18. 8. 2005, 23:42:07

Dusand

Sgt Anderson from the operation trident mod has sent us their island - Bahadur v1.0 beta.

51.2 km2 in size

Azzam Airbase

2 large cities

6 towns

2 marijuana farms (hashish production)

2 oil refineries

1 oil pumping station

1 air/sea port

1 public school within Nadujh

1 coal mine

1 orchard

1 town with AEF Real lights;)

3 rifle ranges at Coalition base

2 combat towns at Coalition base

1 combat obstacle course

2 thrown/heavy weapon courses

1 OPFOR training base with 250 ft dirt runway

1 Government farming project complete with roughly

2x2km of flood plains.

SEB's excellent long grass and palms

for screens and info go to

operation trident

or offcourse go to

ofp.info

3 words... Ludicrous addon requirements. Screenies look nice though.

Cap.

yes i don't download an 3,8 Mb island for 1000 of Addonpacks. sad_o.gif

Raptor

Well. I think addons are there to be used. And most of them are some kind of standard addons. Exept ak-hemp maybee and the train addons.

Oh well, still at least a bit of selection would´ve been nice. Nam addons mixed with the Tonal stuff may look good, but it doesn´t fit to my mod folder arrangement. Also the "AXE Shed & Water Tower" is available in the 3WX Objects pack aswell, no need to use the single addon too.

Enough grumbling for now,

the island is looking very atmospheric, especially like the marihuana farm idea smile_o.gif

Guest major gandhi

rofl

Guest The Cobra
Well. I think addons are there to be used. And most of them are some kind of standard addons. Exept ak-hemp maybee and the train addons.

And Tonal?

I don't think the mayority have a 100MB+ island installed..

Or?

The screenes doesn't show me enouhg, so I wont download the island, just to delete 200MB addons used for the island afterwards. It could be very nice thouhg

smile_o.gif

Tried it out, it's a really nice island I must say. Some areas like the harbour and the airports could be improved by adding new land textures. But the island requires way too many addons, maybe some buildings could be left out like the Axe addons and the Salang buildings (haven't seen those on the island actually) confused_o.gif

If there are any operation trident guys here could i ask you to make a version that does not include so many download like tonal , afganeveron? couse i would like to use this island in our clan mod but its just that i cant put in so much more stuff in. Adding tonal woul be a bad mistake and no one would use itcouse it lags to much and to download 120 mb more would be bad if it is not used.I think that this is no my only thinking.

I already got most of the addons which is required, but I do agree that it would be nice to get a version of the map that doesn't contain so many other addons.

I was curious, so I had a look too. I can second what Ironsight said, its a really nice island, with that I mean the terrain and the used textures (I like those mountains in the east, with some bushes and green and sand valleys, and the long desert stretches, truly a very good job on terraforming).

But I think the buildings should be reduced to either the Tonal buildings or (preferable because of size of the addon) CAT Afghanistan ones.

Since the textures used on the island are from Afghaneveron (I believe), it will be hard to reduce the island of that addon too.

Further the double used addons should be replaced with the ones present in the 3WX object pack (the 3wx pack also offers some hangars, so those could be used too, additional to the shed and watertower).

By looking at the city, and other building placement, I can see, that the AI will have a hard time to enter some places. Many buildings are placed for the looks, but not for any action involving AI units. Specially the MOUT areas at the coallition base (and the buildings placed in the base itself) are a horrorshow for any AI unit (those long closed walls and the close placement of buildings will keep any AI from entering or leaving the areal).

Anyway, good job on the beta so far (terrain), but the addons should be reduced to make the island accesable for users (and more importantly for the AI units).

It`s a very nice island, but I got a problem with it. All addons are in my @Islands\addons folder. When I load bahadur in the editor I get an messege that reports "cannot open ags_portupd\skc_crate.p3d(Magic)".

The island is running fine and can`t find an error in the harbor region. This is the only island that give me this error. Can someone tell me what`s wrong? huh.gif

It`s a very nice island, but I got a problem with it. All addons are in my @Islands\addons folder. When I load bahadur in the editor I get an messege that reports "cannot open ags_portupd\skc_crate.p3d(Magic)".

The island is running fine and can`t find an error in the harbor region. This is the only island that give me this error. Can someone tell me what`s wrong? huh.gif

You probably have the older version of the Harbour pack, you will need the latest version smile_o.gif

I have this: ags_hckit1.3. Is there a newer version?

Quote[/b] ]When I load bahadur in the editor I get an messege that reports "cannot open ags_portupd\skc_crate.p3d(Magic)".
Quote[/b] ]I have this: ags_hckit1.3. Is there a newer version?

A while ago I had the same error occur using the harbor pack. I think the problem is, that the harbor addon is intefering with another addon you got placed in your island addon folder.

Try using the needed addons for the island in a folder of its own, to see if the problem remains with only the needed addons wink_o.gif

yeah, i downloaded all of that stuff again just for this. it's nice, but not nice enough to have to have all of that crap to go with it. in no way is it worth all of that IMO, although it is an okay island

yeah, i downloaded all of that stuff again just for this. it's nice, but not nice enough to have to have all of that crap to go with it.  in no way is it worth all of that IMO, although it is an okay island

hmm - you do shame to all of the makers of that 'crap' to go

with icon_rolleyes.gif

First off i must say that i haven't had a chance yet to take a

look onto the isle -> will follow when i'm back home from work.

Second: about the mass addons use - off course it's a big

list to deal with, but ofp standard or res standard features

not that big variety of middle eastern objects, so what

ya want guys? - you want another desert island with only

the ruine'd buildings from ofp + a few bunkers and sandbag walls - or you want something that takes you somewhere

into orientalic atmosphere?

Off course dbl-used addons must be sorted out but imho - that's a minor problem and can be fixed on the fly by the next

version wink_o.gif

~S~ CD

I tested to run the island with only the needed addons and get no error messege. I have no idea what addon causes the error I´ve posted before ( "cannot open ags_portupd\skc_crate.p3d(Magic)"). huh.gif

I can't understand why he doesn't create a large addon pack, that would be no prob and much more userfriendly...

the ags harbor kit is intefering with one of the mapfact addons, as far as i remember, can be caused if the have the same names in their addons

(eg. there was a ship addon that was intefering with alot of addons, and just now the FFUR mod had problems using the BMI Blackops because of a dog addon)

I had no problem with the fact that he dosn`t made an addonpack.

I had all addons on my HD before I downloaded the island.

Funny thing is also that I searched the harbors for ingame errors and found none. smile_o.gif

This has to be one of the best desert islands made imo, or even one of the best islands in general. True there is a lot of addons, but it didn't take me that long to get the island ready to play. Trust me, it's a must thumbs-up.gif . I really love the cities, it kinda reminds of Iraq, could make some great Iraqi missions with this island yay.gif .

Quote[/b] ]Funny thing is also that I searched the harbors for ingame errors and found none. smile_o.gif

Most of the time the object just dont appear, so you dont have the chance to discover whats missing, if you dont know the island wink_o.gif