Sign in to follow this  
Airbourne Alchaholic

A new country?

Yep I'm not kidding, for those of you who don't watch "How to start your own country" this guy has managed to start his own country in his apartment. Check it out here

It's quite funny, but also true (he's managed to aquire more citizens than the Vaticans and is catching up with San Marino!

Oh yes and he "invaded" Eel Pie Island in London confused_o.gif

Lol! thats a pretty funny site. Isit for real? tounge2.gif if so im going to start my own country and invade the pub down the road.

Doesn't sound real to me....he doesn't even have a name for the country. However this is for real:

Hutt River Province (Australia)

So is this:

Sealand

Edit: However this didn't work! crazy_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]A less fortunate attempt was made in 1972, when Michael Oliver, a Nevada businessman, built an island on a reef 260 miles southwest of Tonga. Hiring a dredger, he piled up sand and mud until he had enough landmass to declare independence for his “Republic of Minerva.†Unfortunately, the Republic of Minerva was soon invaded by a Tongan force, whose number is said to have included a work detail of prisoners, a brass band, and Tonga’s 350-pound king himself. The reef was later officially annexed by the kingdom.

if so im going to start my own country and invade the pub down the road.

Don't be surprised when JDAM flies trough your window afterwards ;P.

Yer watch it all. Crazy national anthem. He's got a flag, but no name. He's a king.

It won't be a real country though as he sent a decleration of independance to Blair but obviously it wasn't accepted. But he's going on with it, maybe if enough people support him, it'll work. lol

Yep I'm not kidding, for those of you who don't watch "How to start your own country" this guy has managed to start his own country in his apartment. Check it out  here

It's quite funny, but also true (he's managed to aquire more citizens than the Vaticans and is catching up with San Marino!

Oh yes and he "invaded" Eel Pie Island in London  confused_o.gif

The invasion failed, lol. He got help from a resident on the island and drove him around in a duck (US amphibious veichle) but the police came with a few cars and a helicopter.

So invasion failed.

Quote[/b] ]It won't be a real country though as he sent a decleration of independance to Blair but obviously it wasn't accepted.
You have to blow a few things up in UK to get independence. And it'd last at least 100 years anyways.

@ Aug. 19 2005,22:11)]
Quote[/b] ]It won't be a real country though as he sent a decleration of independance to Blair but obviously it wasn't accepted.
You have to blow a few things up in UK to get independence. And it'd last at least 100 years anyways.

Well you can get abit of independance but we are keeping NI for the time being. smile_o.gif

I watch this show a lot and its really fun. The real ordenance survey came and measered up his apartment and he went and "allied" himself with the Royal army, in his words "My mates! The army!". Nothing too serious, the army officer just said that as long as he paid his taxes to great britian as a king he would get defended wink_o.gif and he was driven about a bit with a Self propelled gun. He goes round to a lot of people who started their own country too and professors. Its funny and informative smile_o.gif

Maybe he should get in touch with the Groland team, even if their country is fictionnal, they get a pretty large audience. biggrin_o.gif

These guys are on holiday right now but their weekly show is like some kind of *first world and a half* country news broadcast biggrin_o.gif they offer Groland passports and car stickers on their website (which is hosted by Canal+)

here are some fansites :

http://www.wanagro.com/

http://groland.gnux.info/

(in french unfortunately for you all biggrin_o.gif )

the country's motto is "Je mourrirai pour toi" biggrin_o.gif

7 days in Groland official page

I watch this show a lot and its really fun. The real ordenance survey came and measered up his apartment and he went and "allied" himself with the Royal army, in his words "My mates! The army!". Nothing too serious, the army officer just said that as long as he paid his taxes to great britian as a king he would get defended wink_o.gif and he was driven about a bit with a Self propelled gun. He goes round to a lot of people who started their own country too and professors. Its funny and informative smile_o.gif

Royal Army? You mean the British Army, lol.

Yer i can remember and he said he doesn't condone invading eel pie island lol.

Doesn't sound real to me....he doesn't even have a name for the country. However this is for real:

Hutt River Province (Australia)

The Hutt River Province has always in my eyes, been the result of an eccentric crackpot who bent the rules to his favour.

That website proved it. biggrin_o.gif