Sign in to follow this  
mattxr

Stargate Mod Released

Hmm, seems I cant open it.

Somehow I dont think its meant to be 4kb is it? huh.gif

And strangely that link redirected me to google when I clicked it.

Great job walmis, works fine now. biggrin_o.gif

But if you really want me to nitpick, just ask. tounge2.gif

And so far with me, the Gate error has only appeared when I use the ironstairs and SG_pult. Rockstairs and DHD are fine.

Finally some jaffa yay.gif

Is there any missions out using the stargate?

Any in production?

I don't have any missions made for Stargate yet, but I'm working on a large map that will have many small to mid size islands on it to get the feel of going to a new planet. Only thing is the buildings. If I knew how to make them I would. There are several building packs out now, but not for the feel of Stargate. (To me)

I think I may have found a bug with placing either of the Stargates in buildings that are user made. I can go from a gate that is placed outside anywhere and go through to a gate that is inside a user made building, but not the other way around. I just go to the ocean and die. If you want I'll show what I talking about.

Thanks for the update too...Great work....

I think I may have found a bug with placing either of the Stargates in buildings that are user made. I can go from a gate that is placed outside anywhere and go through to a gate that is inside a user made building, but not the other way around. I just go to the ocean and die. If you want I'll show what I talking about.

You're probably trying to enter an incoming wormhole, in which case you're vaporized.

You have to wait for the stargate to shut down then redial to go back.

This is because matter can only travel one way through a wormhole, obviously... icon_rolleyes.gif

No I waited different times. Like 10 seconds after it shuts down. Then 20 to like 45 seconds. I even tried to go right back through, and I just fall behind the back side of the gate. I'll try to make a vid for you to see, or post it to see in editor.

I'm having a few problems with the stargates. I have placed 3 gates inside buildings and seem to work fine except for one small detail. I can dial out and walk through the wormhole but after I get to the other side the wormhole doesn't collapse behind me, therefore I can't dial out again. Obviously when I try to walk back through I die coz matter can only travel one way as we all should know by now. Any ideas? I thought I'd post this here as it could be related to the post Big Ben made allthought the buildings I'm placing them into are already part of the map I'm using.

Ok, well firstly thx for the bug reports, with the details you've all given me i'll be able to track down the problem.

I already have a good idea of what it is and should have a new version out by tommorrow so keep your finger crossed.

If any one else experiances any of these problems or any other then please share them, as detailed a discription as you can make as it will make it easy for me to correct them.

Better Yet, send me over the mission your having a problem with.

Dingmatt

I'm having a few problems with the stargates. I have placed 3 gates inside buildings and seem to work fine except for one small detail. I can dial out and walk through the wormhole but after I get to the other side the wormhole doesn't collapse behind me, therefore I can't dial out again. Obviously when I try to walk back through I die coz matter can only travel one way as we all should know by now. Any ideas? I thought I'd post this here as it could be related to the post Big Ben made allthought the buildings I'm placing them into are already part of the map I'm using.

i'm adding a 'safety cut off' line into the code to stop this from happening, it will close down the gate if open for 2 long without anyone entering. (may add a detection line as well so if a player is close to the event horizion it will force the gate to stay open? need feedback on this!wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I think I may have found a bug with placing either of the Stargates in buildings that are user made. I can go from a gate that is placed outside anywhere and go through to a gate that is inside a user made building, but not the other way around. I just go to the ocean and die. If you want I'll show what I talking about.

As for this bug, i've been trying to recreate it but they always work for me, try sending me the mission and i'll have a go.

Quote[/b] ]And so far with me, the Gate error has only appeared when I use the ironstairs and SG_pult. Rockstairs and DHD are fine.

This seems to be the major bug but its just a number overrun, i'll have it fixed in the next release.

Does it effect the travel or just popup?

Dingmatt

Is there anyway I can obtain more specified details that will help you more than my previous almost vague attempts at explaining the error?

Quote[/b] ]This seems to be the major bug but its just a number overrun, i'll have it fixed in the next release.

Does it effect the travel or just popup?

Well, it has happened even when I only have 2 gates to travel between (the minimum), and it sometimes stops it working completely, or will only allow one way travel, once Im through the gate I cant dial back to it after shutdown.

But as I said, its only ever happened when there is an ironstairs and pult on the map, not the rockstairs and dhd.

Is there anyway I can obtain more specified details that will help you more than my previous almost vague attempts at explaining the error?

No need ATC, i know this bug, thought i had fixed it.

I'll have a new version up and ready for you shortly

Well have finshed designing the SG1 mission and after testing it on a server it does have a few bugs.....

99% has come out on the forum can't wait for the next version update.

We noticed on server that when the game is played a delay is noticed sometimes while waiting for the gate to shutdown ...such as one player can see the gate shut early while another player can see the gate still activated....until all players in the game see the gate shut down we found that know one can open the gate which we found can take up to 3 to 4 min depending on how many players online.....

Also the dialing sequence sound is way out from the animation [gate turning etc....] which can take up to few minutes to catch up....

Also notice on forum someone picked up on ....that the ramp gate has a problem with the consol monitors etc....we also found that after the console is used once you can't use it again....but with the other step gate they work fine but with the delay of shutting down...

Good to see Dingmatt working on the script to fix the problem as this addon should of been released along time ago as this type of addon will change the way that some of OFP mission will be played.

Keep up the good work biggrin_o.gif

i'm adding a 'safety cut off' line into the code to stop this from happening, it will close down the gate if open for 2 long without anyone entering.

38 minutes! 38 minutes!

You know it makes sense!

I've also been thinking about GDOs. I'll work out some psuedo code then bring it forth!

darn! Encountered a bug, that wont let me finish my GDO scripts.

When you add a custom action with addaction, all gate adresses are porked banghead.gif

and the source of this problem is in gateinit.sqs lines 68-70

i'm adding a 'safety cut off' line into the code to stop this from happening, it will close down the gate if open for 2 long without anyone entering.

38 minutes! 38 minutes!

You know it makes sense!

I've also been thinking about GDOs. I'll work out some psuedo code then bring it forth!

well the gate can also automatically detects when its not in use and shuts down accordingly. Think this could be implamented pretty easily

Looks good. Will the AI be able to crack the code to open the Iris? Like a random effect?