Sign in to follow this  
Vit-Vit Labs

Ah-1W/Z Pack 1.0

ahh lol i got it now i was playing it on the y2k3 mod and it didnt work i put the Ah-1w in the main addon folder instead of the y2k3 mod folder. It had the old one in it thats why it dident work for me. Lol so i just replaced it in the y2k3 folder and now it works lol banghead.gif

edit: and get rid of that.. think sticking out of the left side of the cockpit

That "thing" is the pitot probe. You don't have one of those, and you have no flight data wink_o.gif

After some tests , nice improvements but I still prefer the first version cuz it seems more suited to the era 1985 , this new cockpit seems a bit too modern...

However I hope you'll be able to release ASAP the army versions wink_o.gif

btw keep up the nice work

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

After some tests , nice improvements but I still prefer the first version cuz it seems more suited to the era 1985 , this new cockpit seems a bit too modern...

However I hope you'll be able to release ASAP the army versions wink_o.gif

btw keep up the nice work

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

AH-1Ws are only used by the USMC. The first ones were delivered in 1986.

The Army had AH-1Fs in its inventory until 1999 and I believe they were introduced in 1979, so that would be a much more realistic choice for a 1985 Army unit. I don't know if there are any that have been made, though.

Yeah , I know about it but unfortunately there's any decent AH-1F to get used instead of BIS one , so following the fact that Vit's AH-1w is well done , even it doesn't really fit with 85 , it can be used wink_o.gif

plus 86's close to 85 , abrahms weren't really used at 85 too , but one's obliged to us'em because BIS decided it, heh

abrahms

abrams abrams abrams abrams abrams abrams abrams abrams abrams abrams abrams abrams abrams abrams abrams abrams

sry, it bugs me.

slightly back on topic, i like how the AH-1F just slightly reminds me of the apache wink_o.gif

ah1f-006.jpg

Both attack helicopters,double crewed,sit high off the ground,have big arse guns,yeah their close.

someone want to help whit new cockpit?

I could dig out some reference photos for both the W and Z if you want. I can't help with the actual texturing, though (too busy with my own stuff.)

None of them are clear enough to be used as textures, but they should be usable as a guide.

Not that hard to find a picture of the real Z cockpits.

I didn't say it required great talent. Just that I have reference material handy.

It's alright I suppose....
its not as good as I thought it would be..the Z I mean.
Eh I'll cross my fingers and hope those guys that made that apache will make one of these....to be honest the Z cockpit is a big dissapointment and the cobra handles like a slug....very slow moving..

meyamoti comments like that are not acceptable, whilst constructive criticism is ok those comments were not constructive, please do not repeat such things in future.

Agent556 & Pappy Boyington do not hotlink images over 100kb please.

It's a great addon. But there are a few mistakes to be corrected, if you want it realistically.

First, the AH-1Z has longer stub-wings than the AH-1W, allowing it to be fitted with four pairs

of hydra launchers or 16 Hellfires. (see here http://www.bellhelicopter.textron.com/en....-1Z.cfm )

See also VBS1.

Second, isn't the AH-1W only capable of launching TOW Missiles and not Hellfires ?

I think only the AH-1Z has the necessary upgraded avionics and systems to launch Hellfires.

Of course, there are more differences, but these are about the only ones that can be modelled in OFP smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

Second, isn't the AH-1W only capable of launching TOW Missiles and not Hellfires ?

I think only the AH-1Z has the necessary upgraded avionics and systems to launch Hellfires.

There was a upgrade package made for the AH-1W that gives it a laser designator that is compatible with Hellfires. This upgrade also included a FLIR system. smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

There was a upgrade package made for the AH-1W that gives it a laser designator that is compatible with Hellfires. This upgrade also included a FLIR system.  smile_o.gif

Thanks. You never stop learning !