Sign in to follow this  
deathgod

Nogville Thread.

Hi guys,

i search for nogville but i find only the version 1.37 but i need a newer one and the link in the thread doesn`t work.

So does anybody know where i got the newest one?

Good Luck, ive searched for 25 hours this week for ANY nogville link and havent found 1 source thats still available.What i mean is every site that has a link is down.

Hi fellow OFP players! I stopped developing Nogville at version 1.37.

Now I just amaze myself how many scripts that mission runs, almost all of them at the same time. That is the reason it gets laggy after a while. I would like to make a new version of it, IF there really are players playing it. There are some bugs to fix and more things to be done, but I really don't know what to do with it.

I feel like I could do better scripting (I had just learned how to script something) but I need some feedback because it stopped after a few months when I released 1.37. So, maybe You or somebody could start a list (maybe on this topic) of existing bugs and what improvements they would like to see. Scripts might need to be rewritten or at least improved, so it would take some time to remember what I did, and why, and how to fix things.

I thought realistic missions are now the thing everyone wants. So, if you like to see a new version of Nogville, post here and say what you would like to improve and why. I'll keep reading this topic. If I get enough feedback (good and bad wink_o.gif ), I'll start working on a new version.

With good Players Nogville is big fun...

BIG FUN

So you can... just work on it - my clan loves it :P

Thread titled edited to be more relevant.

I know this thread is pretty old but I'm just desperate for a new version of nogville, and I have no experience in scripting for mp so I couldn't do it myself until ofpec comes back.

I played nogville first about week ago n I been playin it almost everyday since (although it's hard to find a server). The missions got so much potential for development.

Well then. Drop a few lines here what you would like to see fixed in the new version.

I have already done graphical user interfaces for bank and shops. Now I don't have much time because exams are closing in, but in the near future I can continue improving it. I may not release it now but atleast Armed Assault will see its own Nogville (maybe different name), that's for sure. wink_o.gif

And ofcourse you can improve it on your own, if you want to. My scripting is pretty awful, so there's a lot to be improved.

Here are just a few ideas (not all of them entirely my own):

-2 teams of criminals rather than just one

-An overall objectve for each team (two criminal sides and police)... perhaps criminals have to buy all towns, or buy all shops. Police have to arrest all criminals.

-A wanted script,somebody has to commit a crime before they can be arrested, and when they do the police will be told about it (maybe only if there was witnesses)

-Grocery store... you need to eat

-You should be able to change jobs in game (helps with quitters)

-Ability to rob stores

-Guns should be less widely available

-Mayor on west side so he can give orders to police

-Normal civilians as AI (maybe).. just standard citizens, they buy stuff and live their lives.

-Plane shop has tourism income.

-Other options t make money, mafia has chop shop, car shop can run races, etc

-A few random events (house fire, helo failures, plane crash, maybe even a russian invasion)

There's a few ideas I came up with from the top of my head. Throw out and keep whichever ones you want.  smile_o.gif

Where can I download this please? The links don't work anymore :)

Edited by Twan