Sign in to follow this  
franze

Franze & NodUnit Present...

UPDATE 02/22: Links updated to 1.33

Franze & NodUnit present

AH-64A/D Apache Longbow PR 1.3

ah64a_ofp2.jpg

This represents a completely new and redefined AH-64 package in almost 6 months.

With the help of NodUnit, tons of research and constant trial and error, we've finally decided it's time to announce this release and give it to the community. It includes the following:

- AH-64D Apache Longbow

- AH-64D Apache DWO/NR (AH-64D WithOut radar/No Radar)

- AH-64A, 1985 (Early production representation for Cold War Crisis scenarios)

- AH-64A, Modern (Present production representation for modern scenarios)

So, without further delay, the download!

UPDATE! See 1.33 download links below!

(Please note, you need JAM2 to use this addon.)

In making this addon, we've used a lot of resources, and admittedly a lot of scripts were based off of other scripts from these sources - we credit them for their effort:

BAS

DKMM

Vektorboson

Col. Klink

The fine guys and contributors at OFPEC

BIS Forum Search wink_o.gif

ORCS (for the pilot hand models)

Testers

Hellfire (also contributed a number of testers and a lot of input)

King Homer (many thanks to him as he seemed to be the only one interested wink_o.gif )

For all of you who want to see more, there is a online manual availible for your pleasure here.

Screenshots:

AH-64A Screen 1

AH-64A Screen 2

AH-64A Screen 3

AH-64D Screen 1

AH-64D Screen 2

AH-64D Screen 3

Enjoy!

UPDATE 02/22:

1.33 Ready for download!

AH-64A/D PR 1.33, RAR

And WAH-64:

02/22: Updated to 1.3

WAH-64/AH Mk1 1.3, RAR

WAH-64 Page

I would like to make it clear to everyone that this is not the final final,I am currently doing more work on the pilots to bring them more up to date so those of you who are dissapointed with them don't be,they should be done soon as I am working around the clock to upgrade them,however due to size of the textures and amount as the apache already has enough space taken up,the high definition pilots will be released as a seperate pack. I would also like to point out for those that may be angry that the US Army apache is the only released that this is how it is for now,currently I am grabbing some pics online as I lost many good pictures due to the hard drive crash. Apache's will be released for different countries in the future with new textures that will NOT I repeat NOT taken from anyone else as well as have model chages,this means the WAH-64 will have the modified rocket pods and nose sensors and Israel will have the nose "boxes" and spheres,they will be all custom made,even though this pack is released we are still working on it I am far from done as many textures I wanted to make and finish were not due to the crash.

So currently a few textures such as the A efabs and bottom of the A efabs are being reworked to be more correct,the D left side will also be textured as well,I apologize for this but I will correct it in the near future.

And if anyone has any suggestions or questions please feel free to ask.

notworthy.gif

Looks great from the pics will have a proper test fly later when i reinstall OFP

Great work smile_o.gif

oh my god! this is awesome! better cockpit i never saw in OFP!!! so many stuff incorporated in one addon, thats wow_o.gif

umbelievable, i checked your site as well, also great, facts nothing but facts, it makes this addon more realistic as it could be... biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]- AH-64A, 1985 (Early production representation for Cold War Crisis scenarios)

Thank you a lot !! smile_o.gif

Guest The Cobra

Nice work... Maybe a little lighter textures?

Or maybe not...

Anyways, great looking smile_o.gifsmile_o.gif

I'll wait for the WAH-64.

whistle.gif

wink_o.gif

Currently I am searching for as many differences between the WAH-64 that I can find,doesnt appear to be much besides nose sensors and the rocket pods and of course different engine variants,unfortunatly we can't find out if they sound the same or different,I'm also still trying to pin the exact color on it,many things are still in the works and we hope you all enjoy them as much as we do.

Mmm lighter textures....hmm...I suppose the battle worn versions such as the sandy types in Afghanistan and Iraq will have lighter textures of course worn from the sand.

And thank you for the mirror Raptor smile_o.gif

High quality addon with some excellent features. I found that as the Co pilot/gunner it was a bit of a bumpy flight and hard to track the enemy targets but i know thats an OFP limitation. The only thing i hate about OFP helos is that as a gunner you have to hope the pilot swings around for you to get on target as he does'nt automatically adjust to your aquired target. It's even better news knowing your still improving this addon which tells me you are a perfectionist. Two thumbs up from me thumbs-up.gif

High quality addon with some excellent features. I found that as the Co pilot/gunner it was a bit of a bumpy flight and hard to track the enemy targets but i know thats an OFP limitation. The only thing i hate about OFP helos is that as a gunner you have to hope the pilot swings around for you to get on target as he does'nt automatically adjust to your aquired target. It's even better news knowing your still improving this addon which tells me you are a perfectionist. Two thumbs up from me  thumbs-up.gif

Much as we'd like to really help the AI out with their flying skills, I don't think much is possible to save them. wink_o.gif

A human pilot at the controls usually helps out a lot more than a AI pilot.

Quote[/b] ]tankieboy

I'll wait for the WAH-64.

Looking forward to Starstreaks, eh? thumbs-up.gif

I guess we'll have to remedy that soon... yay.gif

it's like 87 MB, just for a few variants of a chopper. they are indeed nice, however, the sound of the new stinger missile is awful, if you ask me. i'm sure it will be improved upon. overall GREAT addon, it's just almost 90 MB unzipped?

The huge size is because it's uncompressed. The few variants are a lot easier to go through than having each and every armament pre-made in the editor.

In case you missed the online manual or the readme, you can change loadouts at a BIS ammo truck, or M925 5t Ammo Trucks by MP. So there's no real need for more than 4 variants (at the moment anyways wink_o.gif )

The large size is mostly due to my fault,because of the textures,I am going back and resizing a few more that I couldnt because I didnt have the psd formats of them,also I wasn't going to settle for 3 parts per 1 texture with lower quality its just not happening,I believe it was time for a higher quality apache to be made in terms of well......everything.

Ya griping about size yet your plannin on gettin AA icon_rolleyes.gif Yes I admit its rather large and as I said I am working on fixing some things on them.

Oh no need for apologies,I agree its large,I too am worried but as I stated it is mostly my fault because my texture folder is so large,some thingssuch as buttons can definatly be resized without loosing much to little quality.

Also I would like if anyone is going to edit the textures to email me at dreed4@msn.com

I am curious what artisticness you guys can put on it and if anyone has some high quality pics of Apache's from other countries or knows of a website they would be helpful,as I am trying to find texture differences aside from symbols as well.

Oh yes and before I forget,I will in the future be making a "unrealistic" pack as well,this is for those that want something different,I for one want an apache with woodland as well as urban camo,so those will be included with the pack,if you people have anything you would like to see in that pack in the future just email me your suggestions and idea's.

A very nice addon.  I was shot down by AA fire and crashed after the smoke cleared and to my surpise, I was still alive sitting in my expensive wreck. First-class addon mates.

I look forward to your future releases. biggrin_o.gif