Sign in to follow this  
Billabong81

MIA Iraz

Guest RKSL-Rock
Would be nice if you could link to the required addons.

Aren't they in the rar file in a directory called "Required Addons...? They are in mine whistle.gif

(Sorry, not really trying to be sarcastic just having a weird day.)

Required Addons

-Mapfacts Baracken

-CAT's Afghanistan Updated by Agent Smith

-AGS Industrial 3.0 and Harbour

A few others are required, but have been supplied and can be found in the RAR archive smile_o.gif.  

Not those 3.

whistle.gif

*reads on*

Quote[/b] ]Links to these can be found in the readme file.

Bugger  rofl.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock
Required Addons

-Mapfacts Baracken

-CAT's Afghanistan Updated by Agent Smith

-AGS Industrial 3.0 and Harbour

A few others are required, but have been supplied and can be found in the RAR archive smile_o.gif.  

Not those 3.

whistle.gif

*reads on*

Quote[/b] ]Links to these can be found in the readme file.

Bugger  rofl.gif

BUSTED! rofl.gif

sorry can't check it myself right now, is the island flat pancake surface throughout as the pictures suggest?

For the most part, yes.  The island is relatively flat compared to most islands to give the player the ability to fight large tank battles & such.  There are hills and hilly areas, but not very many.  If you want hilly, desert terrain, use CAT's island wink_o.gif.

EDIT: Pathy, we are going to have a talk on MSN about try to make me look like a fool in public band.gifbiggrin_o.gif

The island is too flat imo. It's pretty much an ice-rink. There isn't a single wadi, rock formation or gully on the whole of the terrain. There isn't really anything you could call a ditch even.

Don't get me wrong, big ol' tank battles on here will be great and overall it's a good looking island, but some harsh breaks in the terrain are desperately needed here and there....places for scud busting SAS to hide for example biggrin_o.gif

B

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but city specs if there is any what are the sizes. Are they small or the size of like a middium to small city.

Great island!! notworthy.gif

But I think using buildings and other objects from Remo's Afghan Everon and the FDF desert island would make it even better.

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but city specs if there is any what are the sizes. Are they small or the size of like a middium to small city.

There is one large city on the east coast and a few small-medium sized towns that dot the central areas of the map. Nothing is marked however, so you'll have to look for the buildings yourself confused_o.gif

@adrenaline red

Thanks for praise & suggestions smile_o.gif

Thanks for replying I will be downloading it and the only addon I need the Harbor pack. Thx notworthy.gif

I have to agree with B-2-0 here, it needs more detail, it wouldnt take long for someone to just rough up the terrain, maybe 30 minutes in the island editor? so that is isnt total flat.

Its a shame because i think this island has alot of potential. The area to the north with the bridges, highway and drainage ditches has the potential to be fantastic.....if someone would just finish it....as it is, its just a small square and of no use to anyone.

Yeah....just needs someone having a go at finishing it....

No problem.

I have been using this island for a while now and I also think some BAS Tonal objects may look good here too. And I would love to see the upcomming Mid-East objects pack implemented into this.

But even if nothing is done to it, this is hands down one of my favorite desert Islands. I am glad this was released since the beta of this island was hard to find.

Rhysduk has PMed me about finish the island. He had been working on anims for the island, so I suppose those will be included in the next update smile_o.gif. I'll ask him to add some more hills & stuff to the terrain, as many of you have requested.

Thanks, i hope you get that northern highway finished, with a large town sprawling along its edges, that would be awesome. smile_o.gif

yeah I was working on continuing that highway aswell.. Also adding a large airbase to the map.

Man the best target range ever! lots of space and many different burned out vehicles to shoot! really good map to practise dropping bombs and doing some helicopter tactical actions..

A big city with tall buildings to simulate Baghdad would be nice too. Right now I think Suez City, on the LOBO mods' island would be a good model, but maybe with more buildings.

A big city with tall buildings to simulate Baghdad would be nice too. Right now I think Suez City, on the LOBO mods' island would be a good model, but maybe with more buildings.

hmm - from when was the latest version of suez city,

you've seen there adrenaline red?  whistle.gif  wink_o.gif

Also there's a few more islands from LOBO on WIP.

But IMHO the southern sinai map won't be useful for simulating

iraq, because of a) town names on the map

and b) on the latest versions i've seen, you know where

you are when looking onto map - it'll be hard to make somebody believe a briefing or some textmessages, that

this is now somewhere in iraq.

:edit - btw hooahman - the arabic objects project off course is available for MIA_Iraz too if you want - ya know - this island is where everything begun for me wink_o.gif

~S~ CD

I dunno what version I have. But I know that Suez City has at least a few tall buildings.

What I meant was that the Lobo mods' map would be a good example to follow. Especially the way you guys made Suez City.

Vehicles and troops can fight in the streets pretty well.

This island is an excellent Iraq. The terrain is perfect... flat with few hills. It looks a lot like the Iraqi country side in the rebel Al Anbar province. But as already stated, it needs a little more vegetation and buildings. Keep things spaced apart, and don't attempt to create any cities, but more buildings along the highways and some more trees/plants would be perfect. And add some Arab style farms, groves, etc.

Could someone please upload a working link to a download of this? I'd love to check it out for some potential mission-making.

THANK YOU!

Anyone have a good link where I can download this. Thanks in advance

Thanks for that link I didnt see it before I posted thanks again

Edited by njmatrix