Sign in to follow this  
bigsouth1981

Well Done BI

I would just like to express my gratitude to Bohemia Interactive for basically being one of the most honest, integral, not to mention harworking, developers on the games market today. This is a company who really has its customers and massive fanbase, hearts in mind. I am really looking forward to the release of AA (It may be the single most, greatest favour the Xbox has ever done for PC gamers).

To say that I am looking forward to AA ( albeit somepeople are labelling it as a OPF 1.5) is a total understatement. I cannot wait for the next installment of one of the greatest games of all times, and definatley the greatest combat simulation ever. As an Infantryman in real life I can honestly vouch that OPF (as buggy as it was etc etc etc) is the most realistic, authentic combat simulator ever released (apart from Vbs1 obviously). Its still the only game that still makes me duck as a T-72 round slams into the hillside that your advancing across, or the butterflies that I get in my stomach when I hear the sickening "squeak squeak squeak" of approching enemy armour. It captures the moment brilliantly, it really does.

Regards...................Andy

came to think about one thing now, present OFP is version 1.96, wont that make ArmA version 1.98 or something?

anyway, i can think of few other game developers then BIS that i would happily support by buying their games..

(not, i dont say i dont buy other games, just that BIS is one of few i wouln complain about the game being expensive) wink_o.gif

so, keep the wonderful work up BIS, ArmA will be the greatest "present" you can give to the OFP community before "Game 2" is releaced smile_o.gif

Here here, well said. I cant wait for all the modders to start taking advantage of the new added content, it should keep us in OPF combat, or armed assault should I say, for some time to come. I cant wait mmmaaaaaaannnnnnn!!!!

came to think about one thing now, present OFP is version 1.96, wont that make ArmA version 1.98 or something?

so, keep the wonderful work up BIS, ArmA will be the greatest "present" you can give to the OFP community before "Game 2" is releaced smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]came to think about one thing now, present OFP is version 1.96, wont that make ArmA version 1.98 or something?

Armed Assault is not OFP version anything, it's Armed Assault, a standalone game. Even if OFP reached 2.0 it would not be OFP 2, they are separate products. Or is Doom 3 version 3.xx and HL2 version 2.xx? Nope.

Quote[/b] ] ArmA will be the greatest "present" you can give to the OFP community

BIS is giving away games as presents now!? wow_o.gif I thought they were in the money-making business!

Yeah your right, when the patches for AA are released it'll be like, Armed assault patch v1.00 etc etc

It is a present you will have to buy !!! but... I e.g. buy all the games I like and I really want to play to support those who made them. but there is no other future-release I am so happy about !

I think buying this game is really worth it.

there are several arguments:

most games cost arround 45 Euro.

I play lots of games ... and playing through a game in more than 20 hours is very long for me ! most games show the words THE END after 10-12 hours or shorter.

but look at OFP ... (well you spend more for it with Red Hammer and Resistance than 45 euro... now you get all three for 13 euro) biggrin_o.gif

... but .... I still play it.... that are 4 years ... and that because of the good support, and all the modders who used the support.

there are lots of great games with good engines to mod. but there is no support.. so the community dies in a short time.

the OFP community is big... and the ArmA one will be bigger perhaps.

ArmA will be there till the nextgen game (OFP2) will be released.

And for me it is like a PRESENT .... even if I had to pay 60 Euro or more for it. ArmA is what I always hoped for....

It gives us OFP back.. in a better shape and... the most important thing.... it will (I hope) use the computer ressources better !!!!

OFP looks and plays amazing with all the mods released... but it brings High End Pcs down to their knees.

I just want OFP running better on my system. and that is what ArmA will bring.... and MORE !!!

We should just wait for more facts... or wait for the release and the (OPF) ArmA FEVER will spread !!!

we should be happy that BIS stands behind this product.

I am really convinced that they will bring a real great PRESENT to us !!!

Quote[/b] ] ArmA will be the greatest "present" you can give to the OFP community

BIS is giving away games as presents now!? wow_o.gif  I thought they were in the money-making business!

yes, and i am happy to see them having some money making action wink_o.gif

Waiting for Armed assualt is a bit like when i was waiting for Counter strike: source, except this is even more anxious. I freaking loved OFP since i played the first demo. 1st time in a game where the amount of freedom was just so amazing. Truely great game, I think that 1st time experiance will come back with armed assualt. Eyes wide open, ears alert and hands shaking at the keyboard and mouse biggrin_o.gif

aahhh.....playing ofp:resistance with athlon 500, 128 ram and voodoo 3 2000, about 10-15 fps, what times......, and i finished all the campaigns with that computer smile_o.gif, sweet time inlove.gif

Yes, a big THANKS to Bohemia. If AA would not have been announced I would have bought Battlefield 2. But now I can´t see any sense in it. Why should I play BF2 for a few month and then throw it away when AA comes out? I´m so excited! I wish I could see some more screenshots biggrin_o.gif

aahhh - until spring 2002 i never had enough money for buying a pc. as a musician i spend most money for good instruments.

2002 i gt the money for an 1.8ghz p4 pc and i want to make music with it with cubase etc. so i go to a computershop an let me build a custom engine. next thing i do is go to a gamesshop cause i want to have a computergame when my pc is ready. so i stand there without any background for games - then i see the box of ofp, look at the screenshots "hmmm looks good" and buyed it - my first pc game! and my biggest mistake crazy_o.gif this damn game addicted me totally and let me forget that i have bought the pc as an audioworkstation biggrin_o.gif i try many other games but none of this games had the power to top ofp. its still the best game i played ever and if i had to format my pc or, like last year build a complete new and faster engine -ofp is everytime the first game i install.

and now i'm waiting for armed assault like a little child for chrismas. no matter that i have to pay for it . its truelly a present for me to!

thanks BIS!

Yees and soon it will be ours.....

I can't wait to replay the campaign then isntall community addons on it,I think thats one the major features I'm lookin forward too.

Heck I'd be willin to pay more than $50 for AA.