Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR Incoming HUGE RELEASE !!!

I hate to boast here, but I've already got the mods, and the first effect I tried was placing 100 satchel charges on DH14 on Everon (runway) and watched the beautiful explosion. It was like a mushroom cloud, as intense as it was.

Heh.

*Removes head off chair and places face on monitor*

I am afraid I will lose my eyesight if I sit the close to the monitor *Places head back on the chair And repeats "Release"*

(Thanks for not stabbing me)

Hi,

Quote[/b] ]if we wanna keep the honor of China, of People's Liberation Army. We should work out a campaign immediately

How can one deal with "honour" in games ? I dislike seeing such a word in a virtual context, your army's honor hasn't anything to do with such a situation.

Quote[/b] ]He said he thought that PLA mod was too powerful and it's hard to have a fair fight between BOHmod and PLAmod.

We changed all weapons values and tried to make them as authentic as possible, so the japanese and chinese powers aren't too different from each other, apart from PLA has more personnel.

Quote[/b] ]Did you add the big abnormal robot of BOHmod in your transform pack?

Of course not, funny but totally unrealistic.

Quote[/b] ]Maybe Chinese and Japanese will humiliate each other in their own campaigns. And you guys just watch it for fun.

I'd prefer watching that virtually instead of watching it on Euronews!

Both of your people have different mentalities and different ways of analyzing the events, don't forget that hating each other won't help you too much and be sure that I perferctly understand both partys feelings, but I think it would be best that this discussion should end in this thread. We may continue it privately if you wish.

Kind Regards

Thunderbird84

I hate to boast here, but I've already got the mods, and the first effect I tried was placing 100 satchel charges on DH14 on Everon (runway) and watched the beautiful explosion. It was like a mushroom cloud, as intense as it was.

Heh.

argh they tease us....but still Reven that is awesome....

so it sounds like its almost ready for a release please today im off school except im going out to do a small video of some parkour hehe oh well hope i dont miss it

lol the survival of my squad is the release of the Woodland pack biggrin_o.gif once we get it woop we can get back to playing MP smile_o.gif

If the FFUR-Team will make a Config-Pack with MP-Config

my clan will play with FFUR-2005-Pack tounge2.gif

So TB are there any news for us abut the packs?

Are the installers rdy?

Or are some packs still on a server?

Plz give us news Thunderbird tounge2.gif

BlackBurn

Hi,

FFUR packs are logically intended to an SP game but try'em online then you will see , they would maybe work ,logically they shouldn't work for several reasons (Leaning animations,scripts...etc)...

Maybe a few days after the release we would carry out an Extra Config pack which will bring several modified configs for each pack,though.

Btw we finished 70% of installers and already uploaded several packs , we still need less than a week before finishing everything.

smile_o.gif

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

wahoo please a saturday release think of all those who have school biggrin_o.gif

Thanks Thunderbird for the update on when the packs will be done. Now I can finally stop hitting the refresh button....until this weekend. biggrin_o.gif

Can't wait!

Soldier out. pistols.gif

lol the survival of my clan is the release of the Woodland pack biggrin_o.gif once we get it woop we can get back to playing MP smile_o.gif

Erhmm.. were are a squad not a clan :P...

But I do hope it works somehow in Multi-player. smile_o.gif

wahoo please a saturday release think of all those who have school biggrin_o.gif

I second that! thumbs-up.gif

Friday would be better, then people can download over night and play all day saturday yay.gif

i hate work rofl.gif

Hi mates,

I'd like to inform you that we found a nice way to replace all BIS units without the use of any .pbo from your \addons\ folder , but just by replacing BIS models and some of the textures in the data.pbo and the data3d.pbo... I've already tested that for 1 or 2 replaced units and it worked perfectly.

Unfortunately we don't have enough of time to use this way of replacements right now cuz the whole packs are already finished and 80 % of them are already online.

But there's a chance we'll use this method for our upcoming packs intended to ArmA.

-Advantages of a such method : 30% or even more less loading time and a clean addons folder.

-Disadvantages : a lot of work for us :P

Btw I'll show you very soon the FFUR Asian Crisis's movie, it may be better than all others done until now.

Kind regards

Thunderbird84

Hi mates,

I'd like to inform you that we found a nice way to replace all BIS units without the use of any .pbo from your \addons\ folder , but just by replacing BIS models and some of the textures in the data.pbo and the data3d.pbo... I've already tested that for 1 or 2 replaced units and it worked perfectly.

Unfortunately we don't have enough of time to use this way of replacements right now cuz the whole packs are already finished and 80 % of them are already online.

But there's a chance we'll use this method for our upcoming packs intended to ArmA.

-Advantages of a such method : 30% or even more less loading time and a clean addons folder.

-Disadvantages : a lot of work for us :P

Btw I'll show you very soon the FFUR Asian Crisis's movie, it may be better than all others done until now.

Kind regards

Thunderbird84

Yeah, before total replacement mods became big I actually used this idea, the problem was I replaced the main RES one and it ended up causing some screw ups which required several reinstallations banghead.gif But isnt there alot of stuff in those pbo's that dont need replacing that will just make the download bigger?

EDIT: Theyre almost ready for release *dances* yay.gif

Quote[/b] ]But isnt there alot of stuff in those pbo's that dont need replacing that will just make the download bigger?

All addons have been decompressed to further reduce lag and framerate difficulties.

Only relevant and required P3D models and textures have been retained for the FFUR mod.

If we would replace BIS stuff by the community releases using the dta's way , the size of the replacements won't change that much from a "classical" replacement method,but maybe the size would even decrease a bit.

But I can't give more details about this project right now because it is entirely intended to ArmA.

Just let's hope the community will still be as strong as now.

smile_o.gif

Best regards

Thunderbird84

Last problems, I tested BOH add and I found that BOH MBT90 have aaccurate shooting with AI. It always shoot the barrel, have you changed that? And did you add the PLA artillery system in your packet?

Quote[/b] ]Btw I'll show you very soon the FFUR Asian Crisis's movie, it may be better than all others done until now

Great movies though so far. 2 thumbs up. thumbs-up.gif

Last problems, I tested BOH add and I found that BOH MBT90 have aaccurate shooting with AI. It always shoot the barrel, have you changed that? And did you add the PLA artillery system in your packet?

Hi,

We didn't incorporate any artillery unit and we changed some of the ammunitions values.

regards

TB84

wahoo cant wait for this mod

Quote[/b] ]Friday would be better, then people can download over night and play all day saturday

nice idea but i would prefer a saturday release cause thats kind of my day off even though im at school i treat it as a big day off cause i have the mornings to my self my bro at uni, my sis asleep and parents at work but yeah friday suppose just as good

cant wait

Any time between now and in a moment would be great.

Thx for news TB - Finish your great work!

Stay tuned!!!

Best regards

BlackBurn

Any time between now and in a moment would be great.

Like thats really gona work whistle.gif

A question and a concern. I played with the turkey mod G3's and when I fired it full auto using the Aim and it hit me all that white flickering coudn't that be dangerous and perhaps trigger an epileptic reaction on a "suscepitible" person. Remembering that Benus made the sight I thort maby all your sights have that feature? question is, is it eny more dangerougs than the normal muzzel flash and should it be used?

STGN

edit: edited to better English word