Sign in to follow this  
bravo 6

How long will AA live?

Once Arms is released Ofp1 will start to die. When Ofp2 is released Arms will start to die.

I really don't think so. The "Game 2" will be very different (according to the info from BIS). It's not a sequel to OFP1 nor ArmA. It is a different game.

Have you stopped playing OFP1 because someone released FarCry? or Doom3? or BF2?

So, i don't think people will abandon ArmA when the "Game 2" is released.

Tho I do see the logic in your statment here... yes, game 2 will be diffrent, but it will still have the main things that draw people to OFP in the first place. I mean the reason I play Flashpoint is for the freedom, and the ability to make any kind of missions I want, and carry them out how ever the heck I want. All these things appear to be in "game 2", and to have been improved on. Now if I can do that in a better looking game, probly with a ton more units, in a persistent war, with better graphics, physics, ect.... don't you think I would rather do that?

I mean "game 2" would be called OFP2 if they were able too... so yes, it is a sequal to it. Its just going to have diffrent game play, thats all.

All that aside tho... there will always be an OFP1 community. Hell BF2 just came out.... and theres still a lot of people that play BF1942. I know people who still play Swat 3, and other old games that have sequals as well. No matter how good "game 2" is... people will still stick to OFP. The community will likely be a lot smaller, but it will be there. Hell the communities may even act as one. With people makeing addons for both games.

Maybe BIS should concentrate on OFP2* make it the best game ever ( i know it will ) and leave ArmA in a corner.

as we can see in pics lots things must be fixed as it was mentioned in other forums..

i daught ArmA will be ready till christmas, so my advice is leave ArmA and reforce OFP2*

I can wait till next year, dont rush things! whistle.gif

Yea right crazy_o.gif Nearly when the game is finished and then stop working on it hmmmm I don't get that?

Once Arms is released Ofp1 will start to die. When Ofp2 is released Arms will start to die.

I really don't think so. The "Game 2" will be very different (according to the info from BIS). It's not a sequel to OFP1 nor ArmA. It is a different game.

Have you stopped playing OFP1 because someone released FarCry? or Doom3? or BF2?

So, i don't think people will abandon ArmA when the "Game 2" is released.

Well the game wont be dead the day game 2 is out. It will start to die. Most people will switch ArmA for game 2. Why stick to something with more limitations...

And if I have stopped playing Ofp1 cause of Far cry etc etc? That comment was very stupid and insulting.

And whos to say? I mean if OFP addons are being used in Armed Assault then is OFP reaaaaally dead?

Unfortunally the level of mature discussion is dropping exponentially as AA comes closer and closer. icon_rolleyes.gif

goodnight.gif

Hey Bravo 6 !

Maybe you should just drop interest in AA and OFP and OFP2.

I think your spammy and nonsense posts and "contributions" to topics all over the "new" forum sections just annoy and bore everyone here....

Unfortunally the level of mature discussion is dropping exponentially as AA comes closer and closer.

Yes, this is true, yet people still forget that the game is still WiP... Perhaps we could possibly begin planning for possible mod and mission ideas now so we can be quick on the draw when the game is released?

Unless of course you people want to just sit here and bitch about every damn little thing. But I won't name names...

---------------------

On the topic - I think the game will pwn and will defintely hold me off until 'OFP2', and I think that we don't have to worry about either one of these "sukking". It's giving everything that I wanted for the original flashpoint and hell they even threw in better graphics (all I really wanted was improved MP and engine capabilities)

It really comes down to it, if you want to buy it, do so, if you don't then don't, but don't expect everyone to support you when you come on the company boards and just whine like children.

That is all I got to say about that,

Cat

Ignoring the immature and ridicolous posts aside i would like to ask about one thing which will be a cause for all in the community in general with respect to the game called Armed Assaultss lifespan , if it only lasts a year how will MOD TEAMS tackle this challenge of updating their addons to the new engine which will undoubtedly bring with it new visual and scripting opportunity's meaning in a way the addons will need to be worked up a LOT (or so thats what my limited modding knowledge dictates). Seeing as AA has bump mapping and so forth will mod teams update their textures and stuff? And will it worth the while since OFP2 will be around the corner in just a year and mods will wanna update their stuff for it AGAIN?

Just wondering what the take on all this is smile_o.gif .

How long ArmA will live is a question of popularity and of course when "game 2" comes out.

For me all these games will live forever, they are one of a kind.

Nobody has yet managed to compare themself with OFP and will maybe never be able to do it either.

Games will never survive without a community, as long as we stay here the games will not die.

Not even OFP.

As Bravo6's sign says, "OFP never dies!" (Although it's sounds a bit ironic right now.)

I'll play it sometimes in the future, even if Armed Assault 3 has been released wink_o.gif

yammer.gif..

..As for the ones that dont know me, dont judge me with those simple words.

As some noticed, my signature tell you what i really feel about OFP and its not ironic FAQ.gif

Ps- i dont care what you think or say shifty.gif

just be happy and stfu wink_o.gif

Bravo6, it seems that this thread was made to serve as a replacement for your poll that got locked. If something gets locked, don't try to repost something just like it. Aside from that, this thread is getting a bit hot and trying to gauge the death of a game before it's born isn't all to useful.

Bravo 6</span>

Quote[/b] ]Ps- i dont care what you think or say

just be happy and stfu wink_o.gif

<span =''>

I'll give you 24 hours to think about why you shouldn't go around saying things like that and making threads like this.