Sign in to follow this  
Brentk

HOW do you fly in ofp?

I myself use a joystick, although im not the best at it biggrin.gif

i think controls are too hard w/ joystick sad.gif soo i use mouse instead

Baaaah where's the "Mouse & Keyboard" option? Muppet!!!!! wink.gif

Moving to GD *grudgingly* wink.gif

Well by mouse i meant "mouse and keyboard"

I find it hard to fly with just the mouse. Especially with not being able to take off!

tounge.gif

I haven't owned a joystick in 3 years! Why you ask? well, because I broke it out of frustration. I find joysticks too much to hassle with, so I voted for the mouse/keyboard option. Mice are more sensitvie/accurate than a good joystick IMHO.

Tyler

I use a very sensitive Joystick and a Huge Throttle. (Saitek X45)

I use a Thrustmaster Joystick and Throttle with a custom button mapping. Throttle is flakey and over-sensitive though. Flight model sucks too....but I was weaned on Jane's type flight sims like F-15 and Longbow. Can't expect that performance in a agame like this.

does the joystick not take control at all?

what i mean is when i played Tribes II u were able to set up joystick to fly the vechiles, but if u were on foot and the joystick wasnt lined up properly you just ended up always running to the right etc etc

When im playing on foot theres no joystick or throttle control at all except for the buttons ive mapped to get into the vehicles if I run up to one with the mouse/keyboard. I just switch back and forth between the joystick and mouse/keyboard.

Normally i would use the CH F-16 Combat Stick, but as it already have been said throttle control is extremely sensitive. By moving the throttle wheel only a couple of millimetres i begin climbing like a rocket, also i can´t center the throttle exactly, so that i´m either descending or ascending, but never level.

I use mouse and keyboard therefore currently, it works better than the stick in OFP for me.

even my very long throw X35T (X36 combo) throttle is STILL too sensitive in OFP.

just the fact that its easier to control aircraft in the game with a ouse than a stick and throttle is proof that the control setup for OFP is total PANTS.

god.. please fix the throttle problem!?!?!?!

I use my logitech force feedback joystick for important bits of flying (multiplayer, a flying only mission, ect) but otherwise i just use keyboard and mouse.

i use the mouse for everything. i use one hand to walk, crouch, duck, get prone, take weapons, go up, go down,(chopper) strafe left-right, accelerate, brake and pour coffee, and the other hand i use the mouse to move left-right, fly up, down (plane), fire weapons etc.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">...and pour coffee...<span id='postcolor'>

Drinking coffee while playing has caused some unnecessary deaths in OFP. Almost every time when I try to drink coffee some evil soldier with no mercy upon me jumps from a bush and shoots me. Lesson learned: Coffee causes premature death. biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">coffee.gif

but it keeps u awake during those late OFP matches<span id='postcolor'>

LOL, funny pic biggrin.gif

I use Joystick, i'm badass

Owning no joystick I use mouse-keyboard but find it nigh-on impossible to control anything. I have been getting the hang of it and can eventually bring down airial units after a while but only if they don't move from side to side to much. It would have been nice to see a different control method that would be easier to pick up but then you just have to make do don't you?

It's not that hard controlling the planes with a mouse and keyboard after a while, you just have to get used to the fact that you can't turn too tight.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Damage Inc @ Jan. 17 2002,17:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It's not that hard controlling the planes with a mouse and keyboard after a while, you just have to get used to the fact that you can't turn too tight.<span id='postcolor'>

Can't turn too tight? That's an understatement if ever I heard one.

One big advantage of flying with a joystick are the tricks which you can do with it. You can fly looping, rolls, etc...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Damage Inc @ Jan. 17 2002,17:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It's not that hard controlling the planes with a mouse and keyboard after a while, you just have to get used to the fact that you can't turn too tight.<span id='postcolor'>

It's only a matter of practice.

I've found that the best way for choppers is to fly with the joystick & land with the mouse