Sign in to follow this  
Delta Hawk

Yucata County Sheriff's Department

i don't know about UK police cars, but P71 Crown Vics have a huge V8 that can top at 130mph with good pickup, plus weight to PIT other cars and stay on the road. The suspension is overhauled, so u can go off road. yay.gif And it can fit 3 prisoners in the back Everyone who tested this car says the handling is great. P71s are one of the last American Muscle Cars

In my opinion, it's not the "first disaster mod" that makes it special, it's the fact it's the first SERIOUS USA addon pack, which will hopefully inspire a reallistic USA map

hey guys, the models are looking fantastic. This mod will be awesome, if you need some one for beta testing just give me a yell ok.

Sgt_wiggem

And? What about the mod? Is it still going on?

The mod is still going, yet progressing very very slowly since we have VERY few people involved in it. So far we haven't recieved alot of requests for joining...and we really do need more people. If anyone can do pretty much anything please give send either WackyIraqi or I a PM or email, or add us to MSN msger. confused_o.gif

Right now we are stuck on our garage door. crazy_o.gif We're stumped on how to get a realistic garage door. Not one that rotates on an axis but one that "rolls" up like a real garage door would. Anyone know if this is possible and how to do it? Any help would be appreciated smile_o.gif .

P.S. We still need modelers, textures and everything else!

I think some of the mapfact stuff have an addon with a garage door that does that. I think its one of the buildings on their airport things?

Guest The Cobra

garagedoor.jpg

1. In the beginning

2. Folds like that

3. Must it have multiple axis like that?

Thx

It depends on which type of garage door your looking for.

A more "residential" look which is what most fire houses here in New York:

http://www.clopaydoor.com/basics.asp

The door is broken into even rectangular "sections" which are bent along a track as it curves upward. This is probably what your looking for.

The one-piece-slide-upward garage doors aren't typical. The motor has to carry 1 huge piece up to the top from the top.

Here is another type which is typically used for businesses and industrial docks, etc.

http://www.doorsys.com/rolling.htm

These are also split up, but in smaller rectangular sections allowing the gate to be rolled up into an overhead roll compartment which houses the motor as well.

Guest The Cobra
wait, what do you need, to see how a garage door opens? ummm, if you'd like, i can make a video?

Uhmmm... What?

First; Garagedoors can open in different ways

Second; Our's gonna open in a special way, where not just one axis is needed... (Check the picture I posted a little bit up the page)

Thanks anyway

smile_o.gif

our landrovers probally hold the solution.... you need to animate each seperate part of the folding door seperatly and with different memory points... with correct timing and placement you should be able to give the effect of them all moving at once and following ach other along the rails.

Guest The Cobra
our landrovers probally hold the solution.... you need to animate each seperate part of the folding door seperatly and with different memory points... with correct timing and placement you should be able to give the effect of them all moving at once and following ach other along the rails.

OK, we'll look into that

smile_o.gif

Guest The Cobra

MSG 90

buldozer2005-08-0814-37-52-81.jpg

buldozer2005-08-0814-37-48-21.jpg

buldozer2005-08-0814-37-27-46.jpg

For those special ocations wink_o.gif (Like hostagetakings or when giving support to Sherrifs in hot zones)

smile_o.gif

BTW; Yes I think it is a little bigger then the real one, but just for the images wink_o.gif

Guest The Cobra

Finished model of MSG 90:

msg90.jpg

msg90_1.jpg

Now with silencer for ultrastelth wink_o.gif

Remeber and select it all, and press U or I to make it smooth, and select the trigger, and press the other U or I

It'll make it look a lot more real

And then to texture it tounge2.gif

Nice work smile_o.gif

- Ben

BTW, the mapfact garage does do just rotate from an axis in the sides fo the door, about half-way down, and half a garade door in tounge2.gif

(if that makes sense, so it's

|

| . <axis

|

| )

@Messiah: Thanks for the tip I'm gonna give that a try.

BTW- The pics Cobra posted are not done, donno why they were posted so early. icon_rolleyes.gif

You might want to adjust the MSG90 model a bit (yes I realize you have mentioned it's incomplete, but better now then later). Also, you may want to make the supressor smooth (select+I).

http://www.hkpro.com/msg90.htm

Nice to see some progress being made.

Guest The Cobra
You might want to adjust the MSG90 model a bit (yes I realize you have mentioned it's incomplete, but better now then later). Also, you may want to make the supressor smooth (select+I).

http://www.hkpro.com/msg90.htm

Nice to see some progress being made.

Thanks, I'll look into that smile_o.gif

most swat teams even if large cities prefer bolt action rifles

We will have other weapons too. This is only a support weapon used in crisis situations, like hostagetakings

smile_o.gif

Well, pretty much no progress has been made, except some buildings and some other small stuff, since we are not getting any help...we STILL need people, and at this point it seems that no-one wants to help us. If you can do anything, even if your not a expert, any help is greatly appriciated. sad_o.gif

i could gladly do some beta testing biggrin_o.gif

im very intrested in this project cause it could enhance my zombie mission ideas into some serious missions too thumbs-up.gif

Have't got any modding experience at all but i know mission editing smile_o.gif but not scripting stuff tounge2.gif