Sign in to follow this  
buggs

Next gen pc game Featured in Pc Gamer

Itll be for OFP2 i belive. Armed Assualt will be like OFP with missions strung together into a campaign.

Quote[/b] ]gandalf the white Posted on July 13 2005,18:01

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

or lob a riflegrenade in a house, and discover you took out part of the hallways wich prevents you from geting documents in a room.

If it's on the first floor. Blow a hole in the wall.  If it's on a higher floor, strip down to save weight, and jump across the gap (and worry about snipers,for those of you who watched "Enemy at the gates")  nener.gif

Quote[/b] ]Dallas Posted on July 13 2005,20:01

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It sounds like I'll finally be able to play Zwilight2000 on my PC with game2.

Yep!  Just prep the maps in the beginning with your flavor of nukes, and start collecting material and troops!  yay.gif  tounge2.gif

*sigh* If only it were 18 months from now, we'd probably even have the first patch... banghead.gif

I'm not sure I like the idea of an inevitable victory for one side though. I hope BIS includes a lot of features to change or tweak the overall variables of the game you play so it's modifiable.

Quote from escapistmagazine:

"simply, Flashpoint's world is a world away from Battlefield 2's."

Like we didnt know that! tounge2.gif

Although it has to be the more mature sophisticated explaination I have read.

I just go with the "arcade-kids-level-omg-Im-so-bored-this-sucks-!" biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Fail to defend a farm, and that burnt out shell is going to be sitting there for the rest of the game.

Does that mean the ruined farm is going to be there for the rest of the mission, or the rest of the campaign?  It'd be awesome if destroyed buildings carried over from the previous missions during the campaign   biggrin_o.gif

I think BIS said that there wont be any mission like now. If I got this right it means that there are no loadings, things will just keep going. So destroyed buildings would remain destroyed for the rest of the game.

Nice  yay.gif

this makes for some troubles:  drop a bomb on a city, and you have to talk to the civils later...

or lob a riflegrenade in a house, and discover you took out part of the hallways wich prevents you from geting documents in a room  crazy_o.gif .

I sure as hell bet thoes Civils won't talk to you later... perhaps they will even place IED's around their town to teach you a lesson. Now that would be sweet.

I think its cool tho... because now you can't just be like "Well that town has a couple guys in it, LET CARPET BOMB!" You actually have to go in a rout them out and not kill Cilivians. It will add a whole new level that OFP was missing  yay.gif

ofp 2 campaign is going to be amazing beyond belief if they can pull this off....now losing and winning actually mean something. Imagine your squad getting cut to pieces and having to extract back to base via helicopter...except the mission doesn't end. You lost, they won, and the lines fall back a little.

With a dynamic campaign, there will now also be a difference between a stunning victory killing 30 of the enemy's men without taking a casualty or having a tough, pitched town capture where casualities were about even. Currently in ofp it doesn't really matter which one you did, because the enemy and your squad will just be replenished next mission. But retreats and advances will have a whole new dynamic element in ofp2...IMO, this is the biggest thing the game has going for it. If they can pull this off, it will be the one factor in ofp that will revolutionize "military sim."

Quote from escapistmagazine:

"simply, Flashpoint's world is a world away from Battlefield 2's."

Like we didnt know that!  tounge2.gif

Although it has to be the more mature sophisticated explaination I have read.

I just go with the "arcade-kids-level-omg-Im-so-bored-this-sucks-!"   biggrin_o.gif

well i think he is not saying these to us m8 wink_o.gif

Shame the xbox pricks will be gettin money out of OFP but meh.....I seriously need to stop reading that article I'm gettin more and more desperate oh jeez I can already see myself,no sleep or social activity for a week when armed assault is released.

Man this will be a much bigger timewaster than World of Warcraft. Wouldn't you just love to be in the game and live out the war... AAAAhhhhh i can't take it! biggrin_o.gif

I just hope the company survives after they make this game. I'll be off to college for 4 years so I plan to get a new computer to play the next generation game as bargain bin stuff after I'm free. (Sorry! ^_^);;

But ArmAs, I sure hope I can find a way to get the secret funds to buy a copy, if only to look at the box in my dorm room.

notworthy.gif

So, survive BIS! You want my money (or lack of it) after 4 years! notworthy.gif