Sign in to follow this  
buggs

Next gen pc game Featured in Pc Gamer

Heh, this was supposed to be an OFPFiles exclusive, now look at it wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]PC Gamer (US) already released their August issue a couple weeks ago with no mention at all of OFP. In fact, they didn't even put OFP in their "50 best games of all time" thing, but yet BF42 was 9th.

PC Gamer (UK) has their "100 best games of all time" in the Spetember edition, ie. available to buy in August. Last year, OFP was #22 or so (I started a thread on the subject) and I doubt with the recent hype, it will have dropped by many places if at all. - Famous last words!

Didn't OFP have little to no publicity in the States, with the majority of sales in the rest of the world? Hence the lack of mention in PC Gamer (US).

OFP was selled most times in Germany, than in the US and then in Russia.

What do you mean by that? How have we ruined OFP?

I just that I think that OFP was ment for something more than some "shoebox" maps with G36s and 2s respawn. Dont get me wrong, many people (most on this forum) have done alot for this game. But there is a reason why we only have 400-500 people playing OFP everynight and thats something we need to prevent from happening in the comming games smile_o.gif And yes, Cheaters too but this game were pretty "outplayed" when that shit really started so it really hasnt so much to do with it.

//Cain

Hell yeah! Just saw the shots! Come on ArmA + Next gen game!!

Hauk

Quote[/b] ]But there is a reason why we only have 400-500 people playing OFP everynight and thats something we need to prevent from happening in the comming games

Theres a very good reason why and its not down to cheaters.

Battlefield 2 will draw the crowd away from Battlefield and CounterStrike:Source will reign over CS1.6.

People like new + shiney but especially new. Thats why hardly anyone plays OFP 1.46 any more and im sure we took quite a few people away from Delta Force before then.

Actually, does anyone know if the Delta Force Extreem (or whatever its called) has been a success? I've seen no mention at all about it on this forum which is odd as they have done a very similar thing to ArmA - taken an older, successful game and added up-todate shineyness!

also the gameplay stuff

most of the gamers out there are just looking for some chance to show off how "good" they were(cheaters works in a slightly different way BTW), and hance looking for a fast, small, aggressive yet easy-to-play game while having a handful of ppl playing it too, and by doing so they get their fun(like a Ferrari or something like it, many ppl knows it, good to drive, and most importantly, great way to showoff)

I sent marek this PM:

Hello marek. I saw theese pages of that preview that you gave pcgamer, and after reading it, i got confused, Wich is about AmA and wich is about "OFP 2" ?

Take a look here , And you can see people talking about the house destruction thing you have in the new physics engine to be in AmA? is this true, cause reading what people wrote here made me even more confused.

Please answer me, I bought youre game several times so i think you ove me it tounge2.gifinlove.gif

And got this answer :

Destructible buildings and dynamic RPG gameplay is Game 2. From Arma there are just 2 screenshots and also some info in the main text of the article.

So after reading the UK PC Gamer PreviewBIS gave them about their two upcoming games (AmA + "Game 2" Ofp2) Ive been thinking.

Cause this seems to perfect to be true, i know marek have said before that this game ("Ofp2) will be more like an RPG (Role Playing Game), but after reading this, i finally understand.

Ok what we get, is an interactive battlefield, with 2 sides, Blue (US army) and Red (Russia) Both teams have a "general" that is in controll of the whole battlefield and send commands to elements under the general, who sends it further to someone else. so say that a group of us soldiers was ambushed at a spot and didnt give a word from them since they went there, the general could send the closest group to check it out, it doesnt matter if you are in this group, but everything acts on everything in this game. this game isnt like centered on you as the player, its a whole battlefield! get it?

(just read it if you didnt understand biggrin_o.gif )

But think about the Multiplayer possibilities, huge battlefields controlled by an AI general on both sides. i cant wait to plant a c4 in the middle of a town and blow up shit and citizens in east and west without them noticing it was me (MUHAHAHA) theyre tractors are going down!

I also read that they will do whatever they can to add a deep eco system as possible, this really exites me, i cant wait to go hunting butterflies with my rocket launcher and irradicate all the rabbits with my shotgun i stole from this innocent civilian that gave me an angry look.

ill probably end up in this court marshall theyre talking about anyway....

What's all this fuss about ArmA and Game2 anyway? It's so simple, how don't some ppl get it? wink_o.gif

I just hope america doesnt use this AI general for a VBS2...(Terminator anyone?) just joking biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

"...They talk about their moral discomfort in creating a game about a real conflict, recalling a specific project based on Vietnam. The team disposed of months of work because they thought it impossible to make a game that was both accurate and enjoyable. ..."

Um, can we get a confirmation from BIS that said interview actually happened? Because it sounds a lot like being lifted from the sidebar on PC Gamer UK pg.6.

OMG.. they are... THE SAME!

Anyway, great article, thank you. And senator Demuzio just got pwned. wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Fail to defend a farm, and that burnt out shell is going to be sitting there for the rest of the game.

Does that mean the ruined farm is going to be there for the rest of the mission, or the rest of the campaign? It'd be awesome if destroyed buildings carried over from the previous missions during the campaign biggrin_o.gif

Guest Ti0n3r
Quote[/b] ]Fail to defend a farm, and that burnt out shell is going to be sitting there for the rest of the game.

Does that mean the ruined farm is going to be there for the rest of the mission, or the rest of the campaign? It'd be awesome if destroyed buildings carried over from the previous missions during the campaign biggrin_o.gif

I think BIS said that there wont be any mission like now. If I got this right it means that there are no loadings, things will just keep going. So destroyed buildings would remain destroyed for the rest of the game.

I think BIS said that there wont be any mission like now. If I got this right it means that there are no loadings, things will just keep going. So destroyed buildings would remain destroyed for the rest of the game.

Nice yay.gif

Nice yay.gif

this makes for some troubles: drop a bomb on a city, and you have to talk to the civils later...

or lob a riflegrenade in a house, and discover you took out part of the hallways wich prevents you from geting documents in a room crazy_o.gif .

It sounds like I'll finally be able to play Zwilight2000 on my PC with game2.

yay.gif

Quote[/b] ]No scripts, no levels, but an improvised and  escalating conflict, with you caught up in the middle

biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

YES! YES! This is wicked. This will increase the singleplayer/co-op replay value a hundred fold.

Now the only thing that would be the icing on the cake is a battlemaker, in which you can specify allied and enemy resources, select specific or optional areas of interest for both sides to fight over, select a general set of ai profiles to guide the overall motives of each side. Hopefully you get the idea.

For example, it would be nothing short of the greatest thing ever, to have a battle editor that could possibly recreate a Jagged Alliance type scenario.

Just set up basic basic perameters of the mission, resources available, etc and let the ai do the rest. That would be tremendously awesome.

Of course, the mercs being blufor wouldn't necessarily need to be controlled by any higher-ai than the player since it's mostly squad based. However watching an ai commander respond to the actions of the player and execute plans accordingly, attempting to flush the player out or pin them down and kill them. Would be excellent.

I'm more interested in seeing better stealth elements, and more realistic sensory limitations to facilitate more guerilla type strategies on the player's part.

Quote[/b] ]No scripts, no levels, but an improvised and  escalating conflict, with you caught up in the middle

biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

YES! YES! This is wicked. This will increase the singleplayer/co-op replay value a hundred fold.

Now the only thing that would be the icing on the cake is a battlemaker, in which you can specify allied and enemy resources, select specific or optional areas of interest for both sides to fight over, select a general set of ai profiles to guide the overall motives of each side. Hopefully you get the idea.

For example, it would be nothing short of the greatest thing ever, to have a battle editor that could possibly recreate a Jagged Alliance type scenario.

Just set up basic basic perameters of the mission, resources available, etc and let the ai do the rest. That would be tremendously awesome.

Of course, the mercs being blufor wouldn't necessarily need to be controlled by any higher-ai than the player since it's mostly squad based. However watching an ai commander respond to the actions of the player and execute plans accordingly, attempting to flush the player out or pin them down and kill them. Would be excellent.

I'm more interested in seeing better stealth elements, and more realistic sensory limitations to facilitate more guerilla type strategies on the player's part.

but I cant understand, that not dynamic campaign will be in Armed Assault or in OFP2 ? In that article that is not clear for me . I think flexible campaign will be in OFP2, where ofp2 will have more Role playing functions, so u will be in the role as soldier and so on .... , so Flexible campaign will be in Armed Assault or in ofp2 ?