Sign in to follow this  
berghoff

Nature Pack - European

Well i can see some wink_o.gif

1) test all trees without wrptool

2) sometimes u want to place additional trees in the editor

a suggestion:

at the moment all trees are indestructable i think, would be cool if u can change that smile_o.gif

Yes, nothing like seeing a few trees falling making some noise and then a T 80 sudenly comes out of the messed up trees crazy_o.gif , time to run. So yes, if that was fix it would be nice to see them getting knoked.

Great trees.

Regards.

@CERO

Guest Ti0n3r

One word: Nice! thumbs-up.gif

@ July 04 2005' date='20:43)']a suggestion:

at the moment all trees are indestructable i think, would be cool if u can change that smile_o.gif

When I drive a tank into a tree they all fall down so they aren't indestructable? smile_o.gif

sorry i havent tested myself, my bro told it to me.

maybe they just have a lot of armor/health - i will check again !

HAs it winter trees? or i just could not find it?

BTW nice job, use paatool to solve the problem with alpha

This has great potential theres is only one hugh proble I think need to be worked out LODs please keep the lods looking as much as each other as posible. I as a low power computer user it is prity anoid seenig trees going from one form to another and one colour to another.

Forest are prity nice and dosen't seem to use more computerpower than a BIS forest but I miss some bushes to hide in.

I think thats all keep up the great work.

STGN

Are you considering making some grass with the pack? Been placing the trees around a bit and they look much better with grass under them, they kinda stand out on the low resolution terrain.

Are you considering making some grass with the pack? Been placing the trees around a bit and they look much better with grass under them, they kinda stand out on the low resolution terrain.

Do you mean like those bushes I've included oractually grass all over the ground?

... if anyone desides to replace any island, with this super nature pack,

ahmm ... whistle.gif :cough: :cough: ... i`ll test it ... biggrin_o.gif

Berghoff you were right about the non-invincible trees - there are just invincible as single placed objects in the editor. they do work fine though on islands. whistle.gif

yet still one breaks ranks crazy_o.gif

sshot 01

sshot 02

sshot 03

ive got one suggestion:

in general the log of a tree gets bigger at the ground

(like seen here). i think this would make fit the tree better to the ground itself. you did it sometimes to an extent, but maybe you can make it even better. smile_o.gif

Ok, I'll take a look at it. I'm working on an update now with a few added tree variants and corrected lightning effects. I guess the armor value in the config made the trees indestructable =) It was on 10000 or something that have been fixed too =). smile_o.gif

I'm making island with your nature pack and i have few questions.

1)I'm using high res nature pack, does this mean everyone who uses my island will need it?

2)Will island work with updated versions if they are released?

whistle.gif

as fas as i know both depend how you do the dependencies in wrptool or similar, just keep the in the same folder (berghoffs).

1. i dont think so (at least for non island addons it just depends on the class - could be different here though)

2. yes (except berghoff would changes the names of the models and textures or similar)

1)I'm using high res nature pack, does this mean everyone who uses my island will need it?

2)Will island work with updated versions if they are released?

whistle.gif

1)They can use both versions because everything is the same (all filenames only textures sizes are smaller)

2)Yes smile_o.gif

<span style='color:red'>14/07/2005

New: Version 0.90 BETA!</span>

Fixes;

*Added several new shrubs and plants!

*Fixed texture mapping

*Fixed armor class I hope smile_o.gif

*Tweaked some trunks

*Added more variants of Hornbeam (old), Maple (Medium) trees

*Fixed Lightning on LODs

*Color brightness and contrast tweaks on some textures (Beech tree now lot greener and darker for a natural look smile_o.gif )

*Added more LODs to some trees

*Fixed weird trunk on the BRG_fikovnik1.p3d model =) and Firelod etc fixed too

*Finished some incomplete models

*Completly redesigned the Willow model to make it a Weeping Willow to replace the old CWC Willow

Normal version will be completed when the last bugs are out!

HD Version download:

Tacticalblunder FTP

Quote[/b] ]hm... could you divide it into 3 packs? or maybe 3 categorys in the editor..

Uh no that would ruin all made islands with this pack.

wow biggrin_o.gif u just made my day Berghoff inlove.gif

this just perfect - will test immediately ...

so thats even better now to release the converted malden tomorrow thumbs-up.gif

hm... could you divide it into 3 packs? or maybe 3 categorys in the editor..

like, North europeanm central european and south european plants/threes...

think that would make it easier for island editors to choose threes and plants that actually grow together IRL..

but maybe thats to much work...

NogovaRetextureds.jpg

(Bigger version)

I thought something was still missing in my lush nature pack. Yep indeed some nice ground texture for your custom Islands!

I'm making my Homeland textures available for everyone to use. They are created by Wilco so credits to him I didn't want these textures go to waste just like that they still can be used on other Islands. You'll have to make transistor textures yourself which is quite easy and better than me including them in a pbo.

These are mainly re-edited Nogova textures as you see on the pictures.

Well what can I say download below and I hope someone can cook up a nice looking Island sometime soon. I won't release any Island anymore for OFP1.

Groundtexturesets.jpg

(Bigger version)

Nature Pack ground textures Big credits to Wilco wink_o.gif

that nogova (i think it is) pic looks awsome...

when can we get it? with the same upgrade as Everon smile_o.gif

very nice smile_o.gif

two questions though:

1.) a lot of ppl said using 1024 textures would consume much too much ram and graphics card's power - have you done a complete island with 1024 so far and what are your experiences ?

2.) do you know by accident what happens if a user has set his textures for nature below the value of a landscape texture ?

thanks !

Quote[/b] ]that nogova (i think it is) pic looks awsome...

when can we get it? with the same upgrade as Everon

I don't know. Its a very large file... And I've forgotten to replace some textures.

Quote[/b] ]

two questions though:

1.) a lot of ppl said using 1024 textures would consume much too much ram and graphics card's power - have you done a complete island with 1024 so far and what are your experiences ?

2.) do you know by accident what happens if a user has set his textures for nature below the value of a landscape texture ?

1) My Homeland Island used these textures so you can check it out yourself =) And the Desert Malden Island also uses 1024x1024 textures.

2) I don't know prolly be the same? But can be that texture will be 512x512 don't know. Sometimes on cards with less VRAM the textures remain blurry for a while before they go sharp.