Sign in to follow this  
berghoff

Nature Pack - European

<span style='color:red'>2/10/2005

New: v1.01 Patch for both versions</span>

26/07/2005

New: Normal Quality v1.00b out now! Patch for HD v1.00 out to!

25/07/2005

New: v1.00 out now! Normal Quality will follow tommorow.

25/07/2005

Added: New Mirrors added Thx all wink_o.gif, look below for more info!

15/07/2005

New: Ground textures, look below for more info!

14/07/2005

New: Version 0.90 BETA!

v1.01

-Fixed: Some LOD textures

v1.00b

-Fixed: Missed some Geo and Res LODs to fix - Improved performance is also noticed.

v0.90 BETA to v1.00

-Fixed: Geomentry on Birch, Hackberry and Oak

-Fixed: Tweaked Fir Forest Geo and Fire LODs

-Fixed: Fir Forest Texture in distance (appeared getting blue)

-Redone: LOD Textures of Hornbeam, Alder, Hackberry, Kastan, Birch

-Improved: Gardenbush2 and str_Liskac

-Added: Finished Austrian Pine models

Fixes;

*Added several new shrubs and plants!

*Fixed texture mapping

*Fixed armor class I hope smile_o.gif

*Tweaked some trunks

*Added more variants of Hornbeam (old), Maple (Medium) trees

*Fixed Lightning on LODs

*Color brightness and contrast tweaks on some textures (Beech tree now lot greener and darker for a natural look smile_o.gif )

*Added more LODs to some trees

*Fixed weird trunk on the BRG_fikovnik1.p3d model =) and Firelod etc fixed too

*Finished some incomplete models

*Completly redesigned the Willow model to make it a Weeping Willow to replace the old CWC Willow

Hello. I have completed the first BETA of my Nature pack with a European setting.

It is being worked on and more objects will be added later. A lot of testing still needs to be done. Only one is testing this pack now but I could use a few more kind people that could try this out and give comments/critics I can use to improve this pack

Credits:

-Wachtmeester (member of the llw mod)

---------------------------------

Features

43 new trees

2 new forest types, Seapine and Fir (Wachtmeester is working on a Oriental forest)

5 new shrubs

*A sample edited Everon Island (that uses the following list of foilage)

*Brich trees

*Broadleaf trees

*Fir trees

*Maple trees

*Oak trees

*Pine trees

*Poplar trees

*Spurce trees

*Willow trees

*Some shrubs and misc trees

Some tree might look somewhat unrealistic but thats a performance barrier I had to keep an eye on.

todo

-Nothing

download links

Current version: v1.01

This pack comes in 2 version the High Definition and Low Definition I recomend everyone to use the LD for best performance in mission however the HD version is very suitable for making nice screenshots in OFP.

v1.01 patch

Standard Low Definition v1.00b:

Ofpc download

High Definition v1.00:

Raptor Mirror

High Definition Patch v1.00b:

Ofpc Download

Sample Everon Island:

tacticalblunder ftp - Mirror#1 (Provided by Raptor)

There is an error message upon start-up becuase I removed some obsolete models

Some screenshots from earlierversion of this Nature pack:

Castle Ruins

Lamentin

Road

Fir Mountainforest

Beech tree group

Pine trees

From Current version;

Seapine forest

Morton

NogovaRetextureds.jpg

(Bigger version)

I thought something was still missing in my lush nature pack. Yep indeed some nice ground texture for your custom Islands!

I'm making my Homeland textures available for everyone to use. They are created by Wilco so credits to him I didn't want these textures go to waste just like that they still can be used on other Islands. You'll have to make transistor textures yourself which is quite easy and better than me including them in a pbo.

These are mainly re-edited Nogova textures as you see on the pictures.

Well what can I say download below and I hope someone can cook up a nice looking Island sometime soon. I won't release any Island anymore for OFP1.

Groundtexturesets.jpg

(Bigger version)

Nature Pack ground textures - Mirror #1

Big credits to Wilco wink_o.gif

Misc:

Islands that uses Nature Pack 2:

My Sample Island - Link above

WGL Everon, Malden & Kolgujev - download @ Stealthnet

smile_o.gif

Amazing job , that will help a lot the island makers wink_o.gif

keep up the nice work

Regards

TB84

i can only say, amzing, too wink_o.gif

Nice job Berg smile_o.gif

Raptor

Hey, wow, downloading, perhaps I can replace the old CWC trees on Phoenix Island with these smile_o.gif

Looks really really good smile_o.gif

YAY!! yay.gif I've been waiting for this release for quite some time. It's about time OFP trees got a make over.

Good job wink_o.gif

Berghoff I love you inlove.gif

please make more Objects to replace Bis Standart ones!

Great Job m8 smile_o.gifthumbs-up.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

Fast report:

Looks mostly extremly good, especially these huge trees smile_o.gif

Things I think you should improve:

The texture of the forest leaves has an alpha-layer problem, I think you mentioned it before in the other thread.

some of the trees are too coulorfull. The firs for example. If you make the coulors of them a bit paler it would be good. smile_o.gif

The trunk of these small trees with the yellow leaves looks a bit strange, texture is repeated to often.

So far from me, but I repeat it, very good work smile_o.gif

Edit

Just took a flight over the island, I've got a really weired pop up effect which destroys the good looking huh.gif

Edit

Just took a flight over the island, I've got a really weired pop up effect which destroys the good looking huh.gif

What do you mean with pop-up efffect? huh.gif

Quote[/b] ]The texture of the forest leaves has an alpha-layer problem, I think you mentioned it before in the other thread.

some of the trees are too coulorfull. The firs for example. If you make the coulors of them a bit paler it would be good. smile_o.gif

The trunk of these small trees with the yellow leaves looks a bit strange, texture is repeated to often.

Ok last time I checked I had no alpha problems, some trees colors needs a lil tuning. I shall note these things. Thanks.

Pop Up Effekt means that you see the low resolutio LODs most of the time and only if you fly close to the trees they become the good looking trees wink_o.gif

Ha I see, yes all trees will get 5lods as Wachtmeester advised me. Most of them doesn't have these yet.

If I download this nature pack will it replace my trees in OFP just like that or is this just for mission/mod makers to use? help.gif

No it will not replace your trees but you can download the sample island (make a backup of eden.wrp first) and test it. You can also place them in the mission editor.

yyyyyyeeeeesssssssss biggrin_o.gif

thank you so much !

awesome mate thumbs-up.gif

wow really great work! till now i used the cws replacement island with resitance objects! with grass an some wildlife like bugs rofl.gif ... just kidding! keep up good work man!

Hmm, any chance of a forest replacement pack? (Kinda like Y2K3 for trees tounge2.gif)

Nice work biggrin_o.gif

- Ben

that would be a good idea, they look nice, but i just don't think its practical to use right now this early on because of the LOD, they look flat until you are right up on them, no matter what your LOD settings. i'm aware you are aware of this, so good job anyways!

great job BergHoff smile_o.gif ,

i use high res and runs smooth whistle.gif

A job very well done! Amazing addon, just the thing to add to the game.The BIS Resistance trees were a great improvement but this is just breathtaking to see such beauty. Thank you!

Hmm, any chance of a forest replacement pack? (Kinda like Y2K3 for trees tounge2.gif)

Nice work biggrin_o.gif

- Ben

Well there are 2 types of forest in this pack, =) the fir forest on the sample island is a lil messed up (doesn't fit ground) because I replaced them incorrectly in wrptool.

Quote[/b] ]that would be a good idea, they look nice, but i just don't think its practical to use right now this early on because of the LOD, they look flat until you are right up on them, no matter what your LOD settings. i'm aware you are aware of this, so good job anyways!
I think right now their flat because ofp is trying to save resources ( save fps ), I don't really have that problem now only in intense battles the trees are flat at 250m.

@all

Glad to hear you like it! smile_o.gif

untitled16jf.th.jpg

Some bugs in there but in overall it's so friggin' cool... i had my doubts from some of the screenshots and I can't say all trees look realistic but, man... you must have put som hard work on this. 8 or 9/10 is my score. And yeah... it's kinda dissapointing that some of the trees that are to be found on the "example-everon" isn't located in the editor :/

untitled1f.th.jpg

Some bugs in there but in overall it's so friggin' cool... i had my doubts from some of the screenshots and I can't say all trees look realistic but, man... you must have put som hard work on this. 8 or 9/10 is my score. And yeah... it's kinda dissapointing that some of the trees that are to be found on the "example-everon" isn't located in the editor :/

hehe, I didn't know I had put that tree on the Island. Yea that one isn't finished yet.

The willow tree looks very unrealistic and will be changed. =) I'll update the config to. ( but I generally don't see the point to add trees in the mission editor.)

smile_o.gif Thanks for the report.