Sign in to follow this  
TALLA2xlc

New T80 Modell

Hmm I wish the topic starter would say something if they made it or not...

The level of detail is incredible, the cages on the lights especially. Like everyone else before me has said, far too high poly for OFP and not much like any actual T-80, but a nice example of modelling, whoever it was done by. Wish I could make that kind of a turret shape.

biggrin_o.gif

First off... As far as I am aware, O2 only ports out models UNDER 12,000-15,000 polliegons to ANY external viewer.

Which means, If it's shown in bulldozer, It's most likly below the 15,000 mark.

The main body and turret look fairly low pollie.

As do the cages. Assuming it's made out of 125 square rods or less, each cage is only worth a meer 500 polligons.

My guesstament would be 10,000 pollies or less. Which mind you is ONLY 4,000 more then BAS black hawks. With new OFP compatible treads and proper textures it is still playable.

As for his sorce of the moddels, who knows. Allot of people "Import" things into OFP.

I believe Suma said that the limit for O2 and OFP is 32k points or faces

I'm talking about sending the models from oxygen into the viewer. On my computer and several other high end rigs Ive been on 12,000 pollie objects don't load readily in bulldozer. I am not talking about the pollie limit for a individual object within the OFP engine structure.

So either it's that o2 doesn't want to load 12,000 pollie objects into bulldozer, or I must have had outdated drivers on the machines.

thats not a pollie limit you've reached... its the selections coupled with the pollies... if you have no selections what so ever, your model can be in bulldozer with 20,000 or so pollies... if not more...

once you have selections, that number starts dropping - although not sure why.

anyways... i'm with Orson on this, i dont believe this is his own work - but hey tounge2.gif

Consider the average BIS tank was around 3-4K polys and that if one of those cages was 500, two of those are 1/4th of your total poly count.

No tank model should really go past 6K polys, it would just lag too much. The fashion is to cram as many faces and model every little bolt, but I think there is far more skill in acheiving a decent model with a low poly count and doing the rest by textures not in a stupidly high resolution.

We could all go forgetting that most of these models end up being USED by people with less-than-top spec computers and they would have no fun, and people can keep making models good for only taking "pretty" pictures of in the combat photography thread but personally I don't see how that benefits anyone...and if this isn't for the public, why show it in the addons and mods discussion? huh.gif

By the way, the model probably passes 10K anyway, which is why the tracks and wheels were shown in another screenshot and not on the tank wink_o.gif

thats not a pollie limit you've reached... its the selections coupled with the pollies... if you have no selections what so ever, your model can be in bulldozer with 20,000 or so pollies... if not more...

once you have selections, that number starts dropping - although not sure why.

anyways... i'm with Orson on this, i dont believe this is his own work - but hey  tounge2.gif

Hmm this selection thing was my problem. So obviously this also affects the buffer errors ingame when using somthing over 17,000 polliegons... Possibly? I'll have to test this and find out.

@ DKM Jaguar

You win, I'm not gona argue, last time I did argue about pollies it ended very very very badly for me OL and IRL.

As for the dude who's thread this is. Go ahead and make the t80. Skinning is abit complicated at first but once u learn it everythings good...

If it "furthers" the "Comunity" why bitch and drag it out? Just go do it... (Within the international copywrite laws and UELA.)

@ DKM Jaguar

You win, I'm not gona argue, last time I did argue about pollies it ended very very very badly for me OL and IRL

I wasn't seeking an arguement, it was just my opinion... and I didn't "win". If there is a debate to be had about it, then if you want to, say it. smile_o.gif

@TALLA2xlc

if this model is stolen, i doubt that anyone will help you with textures.

i dont see anything bad in taking something thats free and puting it in ofp, but claming you made it when its not true... thats ugly.

Quote[/b] ]this model is not stolen!!!

I f*** if this is true or not.

Just give us this baby   biggrin_o.gif

send me you e-mail Marcin_BM

and i send you this f... tank !!!!

send me you e-mail  Marcin_BM

and i send you this f... tank !!!!

Calm down a little  biggrin_o.gif

I'am not a texture maker but you can send me this tank and I will try to make something with this t-80. But i don't promise to finish this tank alone.

My advice : Keep working on this T-80 and f*** peoples who make a fuss. If you want to be addonmaker, you must have not only patience but also courage to face peoples who will stand on your way.

Sorry for my English

Keep on working at this tank, but please, call it Type 80!

It's no Russian made tank, it's from China. Thanks in advance wink_o.gif

I think it looks nice.Looking at the addon,the lighting,the progress pics,the excessive detail.I don't think its stolen.

Doing some nice modelling there,just need to concentrate on making it nice but lower poly.

But like Jaguar said and many addonmakers have agreed that tanks and large addons like that should be in the 6-8k range.12k and maybe at the most 16k for something that may dominate the battlefield (large bomber,monster tank that only one or so would be in use at a time)

How many of these tanks at a time are known to battle at once?

@TALLA2xlc

i dont see anything bad in taking something thats free and puting it in ofp, but claming you made it when its not true... thats ugly.

May I ask from where?

IMHO it doesn't look stolen, it looks as if the guy really did put a lot of effort into trying to make a very nice and detailed tank, the large number of polys could be a result of that.

It would be hard to just find a Type 80 Chinese tank model as it is, then again I have no idea if one of such detail was even made and available. I hope this does find a texturer and more progress is made on it.

@TALLA2xlc

May I ask from where?

There are many sites out there wink_o.gif

Write "free 3d models" in google biggrin_o.gif

Gunter Zimmer

Ken Shmack

William Svenson

wich one of them he is, to clame those models his ?

i dont care, but i opt that he be banned from the forums! mad_o.gif scum that claim stolen stuff is their own should be shot!

Wildo