Tu95 Bear (A or B ... not sure yet);

10% Model done

Scripts;

~25% done

B52_A.jpg

B52_B.jpg

B52_C.jpg

Tu95_1.jpg

That looks pretty good. This is pretty much one of the things OFP needs. Heavy bombers. Now, about the scripts, or more accurately, about the mist at the wings of the bombers - Maybe you should replace the cl_basic particle with a missilesmoke particle. Looks much more smooth. Just remember to set the opacity to 1 and set make the size bigger.

Nice I just love the Bear bomber, good luck with the textures.

KICK ASS!!! Although...before you get too far with the Bear...while it is a good plane, it was primarlily used as a marine patrol aircraft and electronic warfare aircraft.

If you could please reconsider, I would very very kindly ask that if you could, please make a Russian bomber that many Middle East countries and other former Eastern Bloc nations use. That way your model could be used by many mods with your permission and credits while your standalone addon pack could be used strictly for US vs Russia missions.

Some really good strategic Russian/export bombers include:

Tu-22

(Pic is an Iraqi Tu-22)

tu-22-blind_iraq.jpg

Tu-16 Badger

Petropavlovsk___Friend_Tu-16_Impr.jpg

and the Russian TU-22M/TU-26 Backfire:

TU142bomber.jpg

TU-26russian.jpg

Good info on Russian Strategic bombers can be found here:

http://www.armoredweapons.com/atomic/russian_strategic_bombers.htm

At any rate, your work so far looks absolutely amazing! I can't wait to have your B-52 do some high altitude bombing raids. Also I would recommend releasing the B-52 as a standalone addon rather then doing a pack which may take quite along time to do because currently we don't have any good strategic bomber addons with carpet bombing scripts. sad_o.gif

Also I would be more then happy to make a really high quality mission for your B-52 as well... especially if you'd be willing to make a Tu-16 Badger that my mod could use.

whistle.gifyay.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

YES!! biggrin_o.gif ive been waiting for the tu95 for a long time. i tried theses two planes but werent as good as yours notworthy.gif

looks like my tu95 project is dead goodnight.gif

i love your planes, they look really nice. if you need a ummmm....... whistle.gif Beta Tester you can hit me up with a PM whistle.gif

tounge2.gif

Thanks guys biggrin_o.gif

@Wacky ......... I need someone to stand under the 84 MK82's .... yes ? rofl.gif

@manhunter ...... yes, thats 84 MK82s smile_o.gif couldn't do the full 108 because O2 ran out of "named" items for a LOD. A normal bay is 84 anyway. to do the 108 you need under-wing pylons. Bombs are dropped in bursts of 14.

@Nemesis .... THANKS !! I'll try it smile_o.gif

@SFWanabe ..... cuz the webpage/browser played up. If a Mod can do it, I can too wink_o.gif

@Chris G .............

Yes yes ...... I know its not the better or more accurate soviet/russian "strategic" bomber ....... but I need something that comes CLOSE to the B-52, ie Speed, "type" and payload.

-- PAYLOAD --

- B52 30,000kg / 68,000lbs

(soviets somewhat short of the mark ..... huh.gif )

- M4 Bison 10,000kg / 22,000lbs

- Tu16 Badger 9,000kg / 19,800lbs

- Tu22 Blinder 9,000kg / 19,800lbs

- Tu22M Backfire 12,000kg / 26,400lbs

- Tu95 Bear 12,000kg / 26,400lbs

As you can see the last 2 carry the most (unless someone can find another bomber) and only the Bear is similar in profile as the B52, the Backfire is a swingwing.

In reality I was looking at the Bison, Badger and Bear, but I considered the era, ease of modelling, "recognition factors", "pretty'ness" and the Bear won.

Both the Tu95 and B52 can launch other ordanance including cruise missiles ...... which I may do later.

BUT .... you can try selling me on an alternative to the Bear (the Blinder is a pretty plane smile_o.gif ) but remember to consider that this is OFP and I need "model" that can go Head-to-head for better mission design (including CTI). Cheers for the feedback Chris.

i'd gladly be your test target inside inground bunker of course tounge2.gif

they look very nice so far keep up the good work and i cant wait for a release yay.gif

OMG looks great. ! wow_o.gif

just be sure of one thing--I cant stand it when a plane is made (lets just say and F16) and it has a load of bombs--but you have to switch to manual fire and pull the trigger, wait 5 seconds, pull again, and so on. Like the bombs must reload. I like on the F-5 pack (sorry I dont remember the maker) and you hold the trigger and they just fall, and it looks really awesome.

Guest RKSL-Rock
awesome work on the B-52!!!  notworthy.gif

now all we need in OFP is a B2 bomber  inlove.gif

If someone helps me out with a fix to stop dive bombing i'll release my B2.

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=6974RKSL_B2A4.jpg

Its been gathering Dust due to lack of a decent bombing script - IE not a purley mission based on that uses cam create.

I'd be very interested if any one has made some progress?

If someone helps me out with a fix to stop dive bombing i'll release my B2.

Its been gathering Dust due to lack of a decent bombing script - IE not a purley mission based on that uses cam create.

I'd be very interested if any one has made some progress?

Sounds like you need the "Carpet bomb" scripts I'm working on. (had same problem with B52)

If you hold on a bit (maybe a week or 2) you can have them, to bring such a pretty plane into the OFP community smile_o.gifnotworthy.gif

I'm considering releasing the B-52 before I finish the Tu95 ....... nuf said. whistle.gif

Is anyone doing, or planning on doing a B-1B? That's another plane that saw heavy use in Afghanistan and Iraq in recent years, blowing the crap out of the badguys.

Oh yeah, I remember that one. You were being kind to say that it needed a rehaul. It needs to be recyled, and/or composted.

my opinion is that Tu22M's and B1B's and so-such are not that suitable for OFP, especially for MP (desynch cuz they too fast). And lets face it, a swingwing supersonic jet cruising around a map a 400kph is a bit lame.

Looks very nice. Hope you can capture the feeling of standing under this massive beast. Its simply amazing.

It would also be nice to have the modern variants, and loadouts being used today. The H model can carry just about any air to ground ordinance in the arsenal. CBU's, GBU's, AGM's, MK-xx gravity bombs, tactical nukes, and ALCM/CALCM's. It can even drop mines- seabed, and land. It's still a flying a battleship.

SR-71 Black Bird  inlove.gif   inlove.gif   inlove.gif

not a bomber but it is  inlove.gif  just love

lol if we had an SR-71 it would fly over nogova in like half a second. biggrin_o.gif

that B2 looks good!!!

yeah... not much time for you to take "pics" or look around. but it would be fun to fly into a tank at full speed to see it fall halfway around the... island. banghead.gif