Sign in to follow this  
Reaper1978

Messor Island Released

As the island designer for Flashpoint Combat Missions I'm happy to announce Season Two's Messor island has been released! This island is a product of months of labour and is a far superior product to Season One's Occassus island. This island has been built with two thoughts in mind: effective long view distances and multiplayer friendly play.

For those not familiar with FCM, our goal is to provide a gaming experience that accurately models real military situations and scenarios experienced by armed forces worldwide. With a supporting staff consisting of experienced and dedicated OFP players, mission-makers, and admins, FCM endeavors to offer a high-quality, competitive, and entertaining experience to the often overlooked segment of the Operation Flashpoint community that enjoys cooperative play.

We are winding down with Season One play and have begun work on next season's missions.

I encourage everyone to have a look over the island and post their feedback on it. I am considering another island in the near future and all input is welcome on it.

Special thanks go to everyone who helped beta-test this island and providing feedback!

First, here are some screenshots:

messorr1.jpg

messorr2.jpg

messorr3.jpg

Secondly, here is the required addons and texture files:

http://the-citadel.us/reaper/addons.rar

Finally, the island file itself:

http://the-citadel.us/reaper/messor.rar

Place both files in the same addons directory.

Looks good, but do you hav any longer range shots, and a map of the island? What kind of features does the map have eg cities, bases, airports and seaports?

looks pretty CWC to me, but its meant mostly for MP play, sorry im unfamiliar with FCM. but maybe ill look into it by visiting the website.

it's multiplayer i suppose, either way, i'd rather have to deal with lag than look at CWC objects, nice island either way :o)

The island has everything that would be required for single or multiplayer, varying sizes of cities, bases, and ruins.

This was primarily created for multi-player, however many towns and bases were created in high detail to encourage all players to use the island. However, this island has been played with 3,000 metre view distance in intense online play with no lag.

Russin of RN tested a this island with MFCTI and reported no lag whatsoever.

Here is a map of the island:

messormap.jpg

Here is a very simple fly-by of the island.

Fly-by

sounds like a possible nice cti island smile_o.gif

any mirrors up? its going a bit slow downloading tounge_o.gif

Looks really nice, you couldnt go to town with the screenshots could you though. smile_o.gif

oh and also, could you tell us what is all inside that addons pack incase some of us already have it? wink_o.gif

when downloading, i get to 6.68 MB or sumthin like that then it quits and wont work, i've tried multiple times but it just keeps stalling right there.

when downloading, i get to 6.68 MB or sumthin like that then it quits and wont work, i've tried multiple times but it just keeps stalling right there.

I'll check with the server to see what is happening.

The addons are:

AGS_inds.pbo

AGS_port.pbo

baracken.pbo

F3WX_O1.pbo

fml_ojects.pbo

JOF_Objects1.pbo

LTH_D-Day_Pack.pbo

Recon.pbo (texture file)

RKSL-Netpack-US.pbo

The messor RAR file is fine at 6.63MB.

The addons RAR is fine at 58.1MB

Looking forward to check this out. I remember running around as a downed pilot being scared shitless of the damn dog in unknown territory biggrin_o.gif

Are the forests made the same way on this island too (i.e. no solid forests)?

This good news. The FCM league has been putting out great missions, that actually make use of what OFP can do. The first mission with the dog and the scripting of Ai, really made me feal like I was being hunted. All of the missions are of very high standards, and people should give them a try.

I hope to download the island, and get a chance to try it out tonight.

I did some sight-seeing on this island with an Apache.

I can think of lots of helo-missions for this island. I can see you had air-missions in mind when you made this island. I love it biggrin_o.gif

Found something that did'nt look right. I don't know if you plan on updating it before the 2nd season of FCM but here is what I found:

Map-grid 118-164:

The big warehouse is on uneven ground (look at the floor).

The northern most building is basicly inside the hill.

I tested this with normal terrain-detail.

All I could find so far. I like the island alot.

guess who, well the first island was amazing, i hope this one is 2

for those who just think its like CWC i made a few extra inspiring shots  smile_o.gif [screenshots free to use]

M1.jpg

M2.jpg

M3.jpg

M4.jpg

M5.jpg

M6.jpg

sounds like a possible nice cti island  smile_o.gif

any mirrors up? its going a bit slow downloading tounge_o.gif

here is a COOP mfcti i ported on it to try out it played awesome for me but for those with Vid cards under a 128 they could suffer lag biggrin_o.gif

now heres the map Enjoy this was a quick port over i broke a CIV's driving around i will update map soon but is very playable

MFCTIv80 COOP

I will try this island, it looks very nice.

Downloadeing now.

MfG Lee

Edit: The baracken.pbo in your addon pack is very small, maybe old version?

Im going to convert some of my missions to this island and maybe my campaign.. ive been waiting for the perfect island to do my work cos the origional island are 2 old lol

This seems like it could be the one  biggrin_o.gif

also i liked how he left some area's left with no names super island top knoch island....

amazing for CTI

only 1-2 problems Reaper you used the Nogova bridge the one with light poles i found AI crossing that bridge type get stuck on the light poles.

there is an-other bridge type without the lamp posts and ai seem to cross the bridge a lot better mabe we could see a CTI version with minor AI friendly changes biggrin_o.gif altho i don't think much if anything needs to change other than the Bridge type and possable remove some objects...

playing this island on my 1.4 gighz with a 64meg vid card doesn't fair to good but wasn't that bad accully smile_o.gif i blew my power supply in my Gaming machine crazy_o.gif going to get fixed now so i can play on Messor weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Thanks for posting those photos Matt, they look awesome.

Russin, I tried out the CTI coop the other night and loved it. I look forward to playing some more CTIs on those islands. I can easily make a more CTI friendly version according to criteria you need, like different bridges or less objects.

Regarding the baracken: I'm not certain what version I'm using for it, I'll look into the two available and let you know.

Thanks for posting the mirror! I'm talking with a few people to get a few more up!

Ok, this island is fantastic!

Up to 5000meters viewdistance(+ some fog) without bigger lag. Amazing with all those trees and objects.

Perfect for all kind of "air" missions, but also great for big tank battles or infantry action!

Big thx for this island!

It's "cwc-like", but it's HUGE with perfect use of custom addons!

---

A must have!

---

MfG Lee thumb.gif