Sign in to follow this  
Capitaine Haddock

CSJ Pilatus Porter PC-6

Sweet - marsden mat. No more incorrect strips.

The terrain is looking excellent in second pic.  biggrin_o.gif

Can make some great "Ma Rung" mission in there  ghostface.gif

While I am here,

the Auto door script has been changed to engine on off with small delay. Problem with this is if AI disembark to quick then doors might not open.

If only the pilot is in the plane on landing then only the pilot door will open.

Cargo doors will open if crew is greater then 2.

I saw that picture just now the C-123 would be really cool to have.. Wasnt this plane also fitted with mini jet engines?

you mean JATO? Jet Assisted Take Off

yea the C130 and C123 were often fited with these for taking off shorter runways

No Sir, he means one small jet engines under both wings. known as C-123J and K.

Lookie 'ere

yes not Jato rockets wow_o.gif shiit that gives me a idea for a post in another topic...

Anyway yes I ment the little jet engines fitted for extra power or something during take off probally and also maybee for flying in extreme terrain? smile_o.gif

EDIT

Will there also be a version of the PC-6 with ski's??? wow_o.gif

Anyway there are no Jeto's or Jato's here thanks guys  rock.gif

---------------------------------------------------------------

Update now available

Fixed Rocket firing points (thanks to Footmunch)

Engine on/off controls doors but this is also governed by ppl in the plane. (May have flaws depending on the situation - but I don't care)

If plane lands with just pilot the only pilot door will open.

Cargo doors will open only if 1 ppl or more in back and pilot plus copilot in front or 2 ppl's in the back and just pilot in front. (Its not that complicated)

Start game nobody in plane - all doors are shut.

If you want them open then you will have to sqs it.

New models or paint schemes - Nil

If somebody wishes to do Air-America colour scheme then plz do.

One more thing is thanks to Trenchfeet for how to on float planes, very cool and the use of Para script - ice cool.

biggrin_o.gif

Thanks for a nice prop plane! Unfurtunately it laggs quite a bit on my computer while the plane is taxing on ground (tested the civ. version with AI pilot), are there any tight scripting going on?

Also wonder if you have any scripting ideas how to make AI pilots take off from the water?

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

@KeyCat -

Quote[/b] ]ideas how to make AI pilots take off from the water?

I have thought about this aswell

I think UNN was doing working with second runways on maps. I can not see why 1 of them could not be placed on water? set on a river or someting like that.

Quote[/b] ]I think UNN was doing working with second runways on maps. I can not see why 1 of them could not be placed on water? set on a river or someting like that.

Yep, I already have Water Based runways.

With the PC-6's excellent short take off, you could possible get away without any scripting. By pointing it at the island ILS Position for takeoff, and allowing the AI to do the rest. It all depends on what Island you want to use it on, if there are taxiways defined, it causes all kinds off problems.

@ UNN

Is this guy a genius or what? biggrin_o.gif

I'm hoping with ArAs my system will be redundant. Well if thats to much to hope for, then perhaps something to smooth off the ruff edges.

I will add support for the PC-6, as soon as I finish some other stuff.

@CSJ: Just want to let you know that the cause to the heavy lag on my machine was the spinning wheel feature.

I removed the references to that script and now everything works great, prefer smooth gameplay over the eye-candy.

Thanks again for a nice prop plane, perfect for para drops ;)

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

@KeyCat

That's cool, I agree with you.

Watching wheels turning round on vehicles is something I don't often do myself.

It is just one of those expected features with models now.

-------------

Any feedback on door actions?

Good, ok or just suck?

Yes ... doors are good smile_o.gif ..... but the lag spikes while taxi'ing are just a little concerning, sorry.

Very Very nice plane CSJ, just in light of the lag, a shame it was labeled "final version" .......

hmmm.. thought I had the slowest pc on the block, (1.51)

I get no lag while taxiing though the PC-6 runs a STOL.sqs on landing and takeoff.

On a longer taxi way it will kick in and out as the planes move along. (on Everon planes taxi upto 80km. Prolly coz of the distance between taxi points)

I am working on a better STOL system and will update PC-6 when it is fail safe.

Just to clarify, the lag are short servere spikes, only when you stop/slow down or increase speed from stop on the ground ..... probably as KeyCat has suggested .... the wheels.

As for the STOL .... I like it as is.

Philcommando made this script which apparently allows the AI to land and take off from anywhere. Unfortunately the link is down. Couldn't find it at OFPEC. Anyone have a copy?

Gnat @ June 10 2005,11:33)]Just to clarify, the lag are short servere spikes, only when you stop/slow down or increase speed from stop on the ground ..... probably as KeyCat has suggested .... the wheels.

As for the STOL .... I like it as is.

F4U

Spitfire

Me109

C47

P51

and a few others i missed. all have wheels that turn/roll. and NONE of them have lag... so yea, it cant be the wheels

? rock.gif What are you on about Pappy ?

For a start the "wheelspin" script in the 109 addon is different code (longer for a start) from CSJ PC6.

Different code/scripts = opportunity for differing performance.