Sign in to follow this  
ruff

Afganeveron map v1.0 and AfganPack v1.2

Sorry to search that topic out off ground, but I can't find any other place where to talk about that addon, so I guess it's the place here.

OK I've got a problem with a vehicle, it's the BM21, a multiple rocket launcher on a truck. (here some photos in french). It's just a great vehicle, but i've got a bug when using it.

when I get in as gunner or commander, I just can't turn to aim. I mean the tubes stay in the axis of the truck. And when I go into the aiming view (key 0/inser on the numpad), I just see nothing.

I know it's old now, lot of people are on ARMA, but if someone reminds about that, can you tell me?

Do you have the latest versions of AfghanEveron and the AfghanPack (v2.0)?

If not try these new versions first: Download

Maybe this newer versions fix the problem. If not you can get in touch with the mod team here.

Been trying out this mod recently seeing I'm currently in Afghsnistan in compbat ops RL, was kinda cool seeing they did spend time on research on some of the addons and things in it.

Sorry for digging up this topic but I've got a problem with "Afgan Everon 2.0" map.

In some places on map grenades or rockets misteriously dissapear or fly far away from place I'm aiming...

I don't know why it's happening.

I'm using SLX if it helps.

Island is great but this bug makes it unplayable for me.

I'll be gratefull for quick help.

You`re not alone, planes and helos also start to fly away until the engine is cut and of course fall..

I`m using FFUR. It doesn`t do it all the time for me. Try to see what other addons(island) you might have in your addons folder which could create that problem.

Can you be more accurate?

I have loads of addons and islands so searching stuff responsible for this will take too much time and could be uneffective...:mad:

Sorry for digging up this topic but I've got a problem with "Afgan Everon 2.0" map.

In some places on map grenades or rockets misteriously dissapear or fly far away from place I'm aiming...

I don't know why it's happening.

I'm using SLX if it helps.

Island is great but this bug makes it unplayable for me.

I'll be gratefull for quick help.

Does this happen if you play on Afghan Everon without SLX ?

Chances are that one of the many SLX scripts may have a problem with some buildings of Afghan Everon.

If i remember well, Afghan Everon features lot of building on which you can walk on the roof, meaning the models have a roadway lod to allow this.

Roadway lods when they are inside a helicopter by example (to allow a soldier walking inside when the helicopter do not move) are known to screw up the altitude detection.

Some scripts like delayed grenades spawn a fake grenade (it looks like a greande but it can't explode) when you launch the real one, teleport the real one high into the sky (with a setpos) , and give the real grenade angle and velocity to the fake one.

So from your point of view it looks like you really launched the fake grenade yourself.

After a few delay, the fake grenade is deleted and the real one is put back at the place of the fake, creating the explosion.

As you see this kind of trick is using some teleportation.

Teleportations needs the altitude factor.

And if this is happening over an object that feature a roadway lod, chances are that the teleportation script will give erronous altitude value, screwing up totally this kind of script.

So that's why you should try without SLX or FFUR (as FFUR is using the SLX script) and see if your problem continue to happen on Afghan Everon.

If it does not, the problem is indeed the one i mentionned and there is no other solution that playing on Afghan Everon with a different mod.

If it continues to happen, that's very strange because it should not.

You were right Sanctuary! Without SLX everything works good.

So I have to forget about playing on this beautiful island, because SLX is my favourite mod and i can't live without it at the moment.;)

Thank You for help anyway. As always You were proffesional and helpful.

I've also found problems with this map using scripts that spawn a gamelogic at [0,0,0], eg a 'get altitude above sea-level' function.

In all of BIS and most user-made islands, the [0,0,0] postion on the map is sea-level. However on this map [0,0,0] is part of the 'island' and is about 15 metres above sea-level.

The scripts seem to be dependent on [0,0,0] being sea to work, as they measure distances and such. Not a big deal, but it's frustrating as this is such a good island otherwise.

So the makers of the island dont't know about all those problems? Why they won't fix all of bugs and optimize island for all mods? From a long time I'm searching a good "Afganistan Style" island and Afgan Everon seems to be the best. Unfortunetly I can't use this at all:(

Yes, I tried but I don't know which version I have... I'm already downloading your link... Will test it:)

OK! Island is very good and nice looking. I don't have this version before so thank you for the link:) I don't see any bugs without a little problem with some bushes. When I'm staying near them I can't reporting about enemy ahead... The same problem I saw on Bahadur Island... Really don't know why this happens...