Sign in to follow this  
iNeo

Full Spectrum Warrior: Ten Hammers

Coming to PC, XBox and PS2 simultaneously; winter 2006.

No longer scripted AI they say, so opfor will flank, hunt etc to increase replayability (which sucked in FSW).

You'll be able to control 4 teams and there will be player vs player online missions.

You will be able to access houses.

You'll get to play the conflict as seen from several different countries' view.

http://pc.ign.com/objects/745/745726.html

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/611/611376p1.html

IMAGE: These guys appear to be Swedes.

IMAGE: Opfor with RPG in window.

Great news! I loved FSW. The sarcastic "Macho-Attitude" was funny. biggrin_o.gif

Nice, I liked the first one but it just about gave me grey hairs at times, it was so hard. It's really a puzzle game.

The first game had so much to offer, it looked and sounded decent, and I liked the controls. But overall the gameplay just ruined it for me, turning the game into one big, expensive, disappointment.

I HATED all the scripted, movie-esque gameplay. It got pretty ridiculous at times. Some of the weapons in the game were poor representations compared with the capabilities of their real world counterparts. M203's were used like LAW's, I saw a Bradley use it's TOW launcher like a Hydra pod, artillery strikes were called in while my squad was practically standing on the target, and of course, no casulties occured from friendly fire, and in the last mission, multiple Apaches hovered like gnats directly above the scene and fired Hellfires from point blank range, almost straight down to destroy the target.

One other thing that was really irritating, was how alone I felt. I mean, this is supposed to be occuring in a large city, which has become a major warzone. But the streets are totally empty, there's very few civilians around, and friendly forces are no where to be seen. You can't really see or hear fire fights occuring anywhere else. It's like you're just half a squad, fighting practically through the entire campaign like you're an eight-man infantry division.

I HATED the fact that whenever I began a mission, the enemy was always in the same place, everytime, and would react, or not react the same way every time. Grenades were VERY scarce, even though I needed them constantly, and throwing frags was ridiculously short-ranged. My squads never had the capability of an AT4 or SMAW launcher, or sidearms, which they really needed.

The use of cover got pretty silly too. I would have squad on one side of a dumpster firing at a "Zeke" on the other frigging side of the dumpster, until they ran out of ammo, or the Zeke killed a couple of them. No one pulled a sidearm, a knife/bayonette, or just ran around the dumpster and rifle-butted the idiot to death. WTF!!!

The game treated the Rangers like they were Delta troops or something, and their use in game was simply to provide precision fire, at nearly point blank range, using scoped SR25's with laser pointers. They were fairly unimpressive.

So apparently this game fixes a lot of the problems of the first game. Well, I'll definately have to demo it first, before I buy the next installment.

BTW, the movie on the linked site was pretty good.

I sure hope they change the silly ragdoll physics that FSW had.  I played FSW at a friends house and one of my men took a single AK47 round in the head.  Then he flew up into the air and landed a roof that was 8-9 feet high.  It was after I saw that I decided I wouldn't buy it.

The actual FSW game felt way too unrealistic, but there was some code in the game to unlock an "Army" version of the game.  That version was way more fun, and more realistic.

Quote[/b] ]One other thing that was really irritating, was how alone I felt. I mean, this is supposed to be occuring in a large city, which has become a major warzone. But the streets are totally empty, there's very few civilians around, and friendly forces are no where to be seen. You can't really see or hear fire fights occuring anywhere else. It's like you're just half a squad, fighting practically through the entire campaign like you're an eight-man  infantry division.  

I agree, the only other guy I saw in the game was that one guy who wore scrubs and was the medic.  He just stood in the middle of the road next to the humvee, it took away alot of the realism.

Yeah that overly dramatic impact effect was somethiong I forgot to mention, along with the slow motion spray of blood sprites. Blood and gore in the game was practically nonexistant except when a man was hit. And I dod hope they add some mass to the squadies too. The only hit thats going to throw a man two meters, is likey to tear him completely apart.

That does happen in a war, and I'd like to have seen that in the game too.

Image 1

I wonder who those guys are... they are armed with a G3 rifle, which almost no army in Europe uses except....my country...

Can anyone identify who those guys are? See if you can check that.

Unless thats not a G3 but an FN-FAL or something...

Image 1

I wonder who those guys are... they are armed with a G3 rifle, which almost no army in Europe uses except....my country...

The camo is definatley M90. So most probably those are Swedes. Although why they'd be eqiupped with the AK4 (G3) is beyond me. Maybe the game designers wanted these to be Norwegians but got the camo incredibly wrong? crazy_o.gif

I think they are supposed to be a fictional, Coalition type force.

There was scen in the first game that a British SAS trooper appears, I suppose there's supposed to be some international involvment. It is supposed to be the same war.

Image 1

The camo is definatley M90. So most probably those are Swedes. Although why they'd be eqiupped with the AK4 (G3) is beyond me. Maybe the game designers wanted these to be Norwegians but got the camo incredibly wrong? crazy_o.gif

It's more likely they got the weapon wrong.

Quote[/b] ]they are armed with a G3 rifle, which almost no army in Europe uses except....my country...

It's the weapon we used before the current one, so I'm pretty sure they just got that wrong.

Swedes, as I said in the first post.

I think the graphics still look awfull, the first one was terrible, the concept was alright but it lacked realism and acuracy in many aspects, decent graphics and even sound.

No way im buying another ported crappy game, sry.

The game has a pretty inventive command system but beyond that it gets very repetitive and yes I also do agree that its more of a "puzzle" game. blues.gif

oh god please let there be australians. smile_o.gif

I like the first one, I found it hard but that shoulnt stop people.

For gods sake! Its a 'game'! It came out for a console. Console games are more arcady than arcades! If you don't like the way it played don't buy the new one.

I personaly enjoyed the first one a great deal. So what if the guys didn't take realistic dammage, all eight of them are meant to survive the conflict. the reason there was no one else around is that the whole city erupts in war in less than 24 hours. there were other friendlys around, most of them in trouble becouse of the suddenness of the conflict. The only reason your two teams arn't pinned down is becouse they had a couple of bradleys right at the start (remember the ambush?).

And if any one starts saying 'i couldn't even fire my own gun' it'll really nark me off. It is a stategic puzzle game, not an FPS.

mad_o.gif

{admin guys: i don't mean to upset any one on this issue, i just feel passionately about my games}

For gods sake!  Its a 'game'!  It came out for a console.  Console games are more arcady than arcades!  If you don't like the way it played don't buy the new one.  

I personaly enjoyed the first one a great deal.  So what if the guys didn't take realistic dammage, all eight of them are meant to survive the conflict.  the reason there was no one else around is that the whole city erupts in war in less than 24 hours.  there were other friendlys around, most of them in trouble becouse of the suddenness of the conflict.  The only reason your two teams arn't pinned down is becouse they had a couple of bradleys right at the start (remember the ambush?).

And if any one starts saying 'i couldn't even fire my own gun' it'll really nark me off.  It is a stategic puzzle game, not an FPS.

mad_o.gif

{admin guys: i don't mean to upset any one on this issue, i just feel passionately about my games}

Amen!

Thank you. At least i know i'm not alone on this.

It did call itself a realistic game. These fellas just explain it's not realistic.

I found it resonably realistic. Ragdoll physics, common, that's just eye candy. But I did felt disturbed on how you used the M203... rock.gif

In many ways FSW is actually more realistic than OFP. OFPs way of handling modern infantry tactics sucks quite hard. You can't see much of the basic military tactics in OFP. Maneuver, Firepower, Protection and Leadership. Not to mention the Five F's are, uh, "forgotten" by BIS. wink_o.gif Hell, OFP's CoC and Squad structure feels like something my eight year old cousin put together. tounge_o.gif

Nonetheless, OFP is still my favourite computer game of all time. smile_o.gif

In many ways FSW is actually more realistic than OFP. OFPs way of handling modern infantry tactics sucks quite hard.

Well MOUT combat has never been OFP's strong side smile_o.gif luckly it sounds like the new is ECP gonna improve it a bit. But then again it is a full scale war game meant for open range fighting where you use spread out formations contra moving around close to the wall indside a city/town.

STGN

What weapon do Norwegian soldiers use? They have pretty much the same camo so it could be them on the pic.

Is there no community existing for FSW2/FSW?

- ingame browser doesn't find any games

- I can't find one fan site or board

- xfire, which is included on the DVD, can't browse for FSW2 games

- (german) manual is insufficient

Oh, and about the mysterious soldiers. They're British elements of the coalition forces in Zekistan. crazy_o.gif

Bought the original for 10€ second-hand about half a year ago, played it for about 27minutes, now gathering dust on my desk confused_o.gif