Sign in to follow this  
D.murphy man

TwighLight island - post apocalyptic fun!

Hey guys, i have yet another release for OFP!

Updated! second version!

http://rapidshare.de/files/1702227/TwighLight_2nd_version_.zip.html

TwighLight island!

inspired by Evil Clown's waste land island, Mad Max films, And Fallout series of RPG game.

The island has a almost square shape to it with a huge mountain rang running diagnoly through the middle of the intire island with a smooth flat bit in the centre of the mountian range to allow access to iver side of the island. the rest of the island is mainly smooth bumps and humps. At the moment there only a few towns,out posts, and bases complete on the east side of the island. These mainly consist of shanty town looking constructions made out of scrap metal and other materials.

Screen shots can be found atMy Webpage

And for thoughs of you who remember my old topic,yes i did manage to solve the CTD proplem. Thanks to Mr.w0llie for that.

Cheers!

Murphy

Edit:

Mirror of the New! version thanks to wakyiraqi! again!

http://operationflashpoint.filefront.com/file/;41660

Hi, seems that i can't download the island; the GetRight tells me that's a web page, the Netscape only takes me to a web page, in that web page; there's no sign of the island, nor way to download it. But the island looks very good in the screenshots. Let's cu

That´s because download managers are not allowed in rapidshare free accounts.

Anyway, rapidshare.de is a crap mad_o.gif look for another file hosting service.

Any suggestions? i might put it up on my freewebs site, but free webs is poo as well.

any way before i get to uploading it any where else ill most propely have an updated version soon, ive done quiet a lot to it in the last few hours. Some foilage added to the wastes as well as a few extra towns and forts

Murph,

You seem to be on a mission to releaseas much asossible inthe shortest amount of time!! biggrin_o.gif

I just looked at the screens and the Island looks great, particularly the small outpost in the first shot.

Nice work my man.

DL ing now.

sounds pretty cool murphy man, d/ling now, i'll have a mirror up in a sec smile_o.giftounge_o.gif

p.s. murphy man - We at OFPFiles.com would love to host your site for you, just click the get hosted link on the left side menu to sign up.

Why dose the outpost remind me of the movie "The Postman" crazy_o.gif

Any ways love the atmoshpere you've made on the island, keep at it.

Any chance of pics with more light on it, taken around noon OFP time? wink_o.gif Looks good anyways. smile_o.gif

ShellSh0ck is that you!?

Yes, it is me!

and thanks yet again wakyiraqi! Ill deffintally check out your hosting offer biggrin_o.gif

also thanks for the comments every one else! Expect an update soon, maybe even today! At the moment i have added a new out post in the middle of the mountain pass as well as a load of foilage and other little bits of secenary.

And yes hawkings, ill have some new pics soon of the latest version.

Edit:

Quote[/b] ]The site has to be done or almost done before you can apply for hosting.

Hmm well i have no idea, or experience of making a site lol apart from that free webs thing which is well..you dont actully make it, just sighn up,click a few options, and it makes the site and hosts it for you.Ah well crazy_o.gif

Edit2:

New shots of the next version with a fort and petrol station as well as some forests that can been seen in the back ground of a few shots. same link as the first post ^

yeah can we get some daylight pictures... its hard to get a feel for what this is with those dark pictures.

tada! second version of twighlight can be found at

http://rapidshare.de/files/1702227/TwighLight_2nd_version_.zip.html

This one has lots of foilage filling in the barren wastes (althou not too much so it dosent ruin the 'barren feel') and sevral towns,out posts, and forts! Including a fort surrounded by a moat.

enjoy!

nice one, i like the fact that you are adding stuff to the island,have you considered using more ground textures, the island looks bland all in one pattern...also, that pointy chain of mountains look a bit unreal, and as a last suggestion maybe you could use kkb_gate instead of those static gates.

keep it up smile_o.gif

thanks man, im still learning how to use Wrp tool so see this as a 'test island'. And yea i would use more textures but... ill have to look up the manual to see how i can blend different textures into each other and such crazy_o.gif

And as many of you who know how i work i tend to try to keep the addon requirements to a bare minmum or if possible none atall in my missions,and in this case islands. And plus the fact i gotta work out how to import other addons into wrptool (i got a pretty good idea how)

any way cheers for the suggestions.

Now we got the island all thats needed is the MAD MAX mod to go with it.

biggrin_o.gif Looking good, I can picture many possibilties for this island.

or better yet a dynamic campaign based on the fallout series. wink_o.gif

Cap.

i........hate.......RAPIDSHARE!!!! mad_o.gifmad_o.gifmad_o.gifcrazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gif it says im already downloading the blasted thing, please find a different host next time lol (like ofpfiles lol!)

edit: check ur pm murphy smile_o.gif