Sign in to follow this  
Silent N Deadly

Lowlands Warrior Mod

Transport vehicles is what your infantry needed and now there getting them. When summer is over and you've released all the said addons i'll begin making missions with these elite units. Your work is truly awsome  notworthy.gif

How's the OPFOR coming along?

smile_o.gif

Do you mean the Venezuela forces or other opfor?

goodnight.gif

Venezuela forces

I should have been more specific.  thumbs-up.gif

We are still working on the Int.Inf2.. I believe the venezuela opfor will be made out of those. As for vehicles.. some are beeing started on soon.

Well,

here we are again with some update WIP pictures. Work on Bonaire is gradually progressing, but since everything is custom made it takes it's time. What you see on the next pictures is Bonaire's airport, better known as Flamingo airport. After some fiddeling I managed to created lights along the runway which doesn't need any scripting, the just turn on and off according the time  you set.

The third picture is from the catholic church in Rincon.

That's it for know smile_o.gif

Bonaire_Airport2.jpg

Bonaire_Airport1.jpg

Bonaire_Rincon.jpg

love the looks of the street. Cant wait to play these addons. Plus when ArmA is out city combat on those streets will be sweet smile_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

love the looks of the street. Cant wait to play these addons. Plus when ArmA is out city combat on those streets will be sweet smile_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

ArmA is no1 on my watchlist. When the OFP community will switch to ArmA you can be sure that the LLW mod will also convert it's stuff to ArmA.

The island looks great Wachtmeester. I like the colors and the general look of the last screenshot.

Just a suggestion but i think itd look better if the yellow on the church was less saturated, and looking abit more faded ect.

Still, on the whole, looking top grade work, so keep it up.

Just a suggestion but i think itd look better if the yellow on the church was less saturated, and looking abit more faded ect.

The problem is that on the real island most of the houses are painted in very bright colors (yellow, green, red, blue).

The colors are really bright and not faded in real-life. It's a very unique island and Wachtmeester and a few others are trying to create this unique look for OFP.

Yeah, also the architecture on the Dutch Antilles looks somewhat similar to that of the 17th & 18th century. Important buildings like this are always bright, and painted quite often.

7.jpg

kralendijk.jpg

wink_o.gif

looking great, have you thought about adding central runway ligts?

Smiley  smile_o.gif

Your wish, is my command. No serious, your absolutely right so I added some extra lights.

Bonaire_Airport3.jpg

That's probably the most realistic airport i've seen in OFP yet - I don't think anyone else has done central runway lights and usually the airports are very, very crammed, with the control tower a couple of meters from the runway.

Looks good. thumbs-up.gif

I also dig the church - if the rest of those buildings are as tropical pastel as that, I might think you were trying to model the nicer parts of Florida. I'd love to shoot some of those Sarasota retirees... pistols.giftounge2.gif

crazy_o.gif  wow_o.gif  

Wooahhh that is REALLY good! That airport looks absolutly uber uber cool! Those lights and the size of it all, not a small runway with 10 meter taxi space but a proper airfield!  yay.gif  Finally! yaay guys F88888 excellent!  yay.gif

Btw, here's a picture of the real-life version of the church in Rincon. We're basing our buildings on the real-life versions so you just get the right feeling ingame.

bonaire_rincon_church.sized.jpg

Fantastic looking airport, one of the most accurately spaced I have seen in OFP. What I wanted to know is what is that plane in the second airport pic?

Fantastic looking airport, one of the most accurately spaced I have seen in OFP. What I wanted to know is what is that plane in the second airport pic?

That's Philcommando's 757 which I borrowed for the picture. If time allows, we will create some civilian airplanes ourselves.

If only "somone" could get the runway lights to turn on/off at a very fast rate, the "blinking/moving" effect that you see on most runways.

More for the approach lights, thats a thought have you added any approach lights 200 m+ outside the airport area so it directs you in?

Smiley smile_o.gif

Ok guys, it's some time ago we posted our last news, so I thought it was time for an update. At first we are working to a new release of Dutch addons including the much wanted standard transportation truck, YPR infantry fighting vehicle and new soldier models. Depending on how things turn out we might release them as a pack or seperate. Here are some pictures of the final versions of the DAF truck. Only some minor things need to be done, such as sound and config work.

Daf_trucks02.jpg

Daf_trucks.jpg

The other update is from the isle of Bonaire. Currently i'm concentrating on the airport. I made some static cars for a nice touch, more static cars will follow. I'm considering releasing the cars as a seperate addon which can be used by island makers or in missions as environmental detail. All cars have less then 300 points in the highest LOD and about 40 in the lowest LOD. So system performance hit is kept to a minimum.

I would also point out that I and the other guys from LLW will continue our work in OFP AA and Game 2 (if modelling support is given by BIS). So Bonaire island will be released in the end.

Anyway, enjoy the pics and if you have some ideas, please let us know.

WIP02.jpg

WIP01.jpg

WIP03.jpg

Wow, you didn't show me those new textures!

Looks like I can cancel my trip after all. wink_o.gif