Sign in to follow this  
-HC-Para

Latest Hell's Circus island releases.

Congrats Para!

Kolgujev 2010 is definitly the best island for OFP i've ever seen. Love everything about it, especially the airfield! Great use of BergHoff's nature pack. I'm off exploring it some more.

Excellent work!

Thanks for honouring my request, mate - good to see there's an island maker out there who will do such a thing.

Now this island shares my "Fave Island" spot along with Mapfact Nogova. biggrin_o.gif

Nice island Kolgujev 2010, i tested it with a conversion of a crcti mission and is working pretty well, AI is finding the paths correctly  rofl.gif, the only thing about it is the lag (too much detail for a cti), but it´s a very nice island for regular missions, congratulations.

There is a new version of Kolgujev available, for those suffering with lag problems with Berghoff's Nature Pack II. Grab it from Hell's Circus site.

Looking very nice mate wink_o.gif Shame VTE stuff crashes my ofp:(

Ah well new ram and vid card here I come... biggrin_o.gif

Good work!

sim

The version of VTE objects and textures linked in the readme file is not the same as the version in the current VTE mod, I have no knowledge if it works with the current VTE versions or not.

I should point out that the VTE objects in particular have changed properties over time, I can only say it works pretty well with the linked versions in my own and others testing.

Very nice island... only some minor errors: in the Dak Seang SF-Camp there is a bunch of tables and benches outside the tent... then in FSB 18 there should be more room to put in some 105mm Howitzers and around the bases a second row of sandbags would look fine... but everything else, very nice and atmospheric...

Finally it's released for the public! Excellent work as always Para! This will be a certain addition for the 'Nam Coop Server. wink_o.gif Any new missions included?

Para @ Feb. 13 2006,10:34)]Check Hell's Circus site to book your ticket on Far Far Eastern Airways today!

It'd be great when you release stuff if you could include some screenshots? Would help to make news posts about your releases more appealing to the casual viewer smile_o.gif

Para @ Feb. 13 2006,11:49)]The version of VTE objects and textures linked in the readme file is not the same as the version in the current VTE mod, I have no knowledge if it works with the current VTE versions or not.

I should point out that the VTE objects in particular have changed properties over time, I can only say it works pretty well with the linked versions in my own and others testing.

Why couldn't you let it die ages ago...

Quote[/b] ]

Session Start: Fri May 20 10:53:17 2005

(10:53:17)     —› query with ([HC]Para) (~dillweed@c211-28-119-71.eburwd3.vic.optusnet.com.au)

(10:53:17)     —› common channels: #ofptf

(10:53:17) ((

(10:53:17) ([HC]Para) hey fred, you about mate?

(10:53:45) ([HC]Para) i got a solution re: sebnamJ_

(10:54:14) ([HC]Para) now its sebnamM_ and uses the nicer and newer maam

(11:37:54) ([HC]Para) http://ofp.shafted.com.au/np3/islands/aao.rar

(11:38:01) ([HC]Para) < inc maam nam

(12:29:20) (MI_Fred) well I got a solution to the trenches: http://www.ofptf.net/hosted/MI_Fred/thanhtri.jpg and you can be damn sure you'll miss it if your not on #vte

(12:55:53) ([HC]Para) looks nice smile_o.gif

(12:56:00) ([HC]Para) shame i will miss it then eh

(13:01:25) ([HC]Para) anyways, thanks for the objects and textures smile_o.gif

(13:01:32)     —› part: ([HC]Para) (~dillweed@c211-28-119-71.eburwd3.vic.optusnet.com.au) (#ofptf)

(13:02:24) (MI_Fred) don't thank me, you can't use them...

You can't possibly deny receiving that last message, no one can. Or

*receiving an invite back to the team - disregarded.

*the constant denials of further usage of VTE objects before we released them - disregarded.

*knowing about copyrights (in the smallest form - owned by author the instant the work has been created) which were always held by the team - disregarded.

How about giving me your pinkie? You have as much use for it now as I do for these objects - it just hurts when severed. It's been over half a year and I was ready to hang this as a kitsch artwork on the wall, perhaps try again another day from scratch. It's always more though, you gotta do it yourself once to realize the sentimental value this work gives to the final product. Which never came to be before vultures swooped in. Look at poor Sim, he never got VTE to work, and now your already offering more less reliable solutions. WTG.

I'm being easy on you now. I could've waited aeons to post this and let you look behind you back for much longer. That's what I did after that last discussion. Any normal human being would. Oh but do you? Are you at all worried how I might feel about this?

Squabble squabble squabble, that's all this is getting you. Why do you want to use our stuff while you got Unsung/CSJ working with perfectly fine material? That's right, you once were with us. Now you think you are us and we are nothing. Sorry to disappoint, but I am not the holy spirit. Altho you once regarded me very high, this is something else. Please, find another area of interest (like I did (a life)), discontinue (ab)using VTE material and have a nice life.

And now for something completely different:

http://ofp.shafted.com.au/2006/flashpoint/images/mk1.JPG

http://ofp.shafted.com.au/2006/flashpoint/images/mk2.JPG

http://ofp.shafted.com.au/2006/flashpoint/images/mk3.JPG

http://ofp.shafted.com.au/2006/flashpoint/images/mk4.JPG

http://ofp.shafted.com.au/2006/flashpoint/images/mk5.JPG

http://ofp.shafted.com.au/2006/flashpoint/images/mk6.JPG

http://ofp.shafted.com.au/2006/flashpoint/images/mk7.JPG

Guess which island lol biggrin_o.gif

EDIT: Dák Sęáng mission For 1-8 players - 'Artillery Position'

Required addon list includes (thanks to ofp.info):

Unsung Demo Units - ftp://ftp.gamepark.cz:8021/ofpd/mods/unsung%20demo.rar

COC Artillery - ftp://ftp.gamepark.cz:8021/ofpd/unofaddons2/coc_arty.rar

CSJ Hueys - http://ofp.gamepark.cz/index.php?showthis=9279

Laser US Weapons - ftp://www.gamepark.cz:8021/ofpd....200.rar

DKM M-46 Howitzer - ftp://ftp.gamepark.cz:8021/ofpd/unofaddons2/dkmm_m46_v1_2.exe

Briefing snippet:

Concept of Operation: Beginning the mission within Dák Sęáng camp, platoon will deploy by air to the area of operations and sweep the ville of Dák Din Lňp for Communist M-46 howitzers. Platoon will locate and destroy any howitzers present, then move by foot to the extraction point. Layup at FSB 18 for the night and return to Dák Sęáng in the morning.

Stay calm, watch out for your mates and keep your head down!

Para @ Feb. 15 2006,09:56)]Guess which island lol biggrin_o.gif

No....  no you didn't do it again... the horror .... another version of Meekong! It is isn't it?!  crazy_o.gif  tounge2.gif

I think i recognize some area's from back when i made that campaign on that island when it looked completely different.

No....  no you didn't do it again... the horror .... another version of Meekong! It is isn't it?!

whistle.gif

Hey mate, sorry to bother you. Just wondering - are you likely to make anymore hi-res woodland islands? (I can hear Malden calling - with those new textures by Symbiot, it'd be prime for a redo)

Just that vietnamish islands aren't really my bag. Keep up the good work,

2LT McDonald.

Hi Cam - Only Nam left in the bag.... With maybe a Timor or two. I'm just trying to get all the 'worthwhile projects' out before AA, then Im handing in my sherrifs star and hanging up the old gunbelt, probably for good.

Island conversions just take a few mins for the object replacements and only a few hours for the textures (easy). The real time consumption goes into making sure everything still 'works as expected' and into detailing, etc.

Good to hear from you. I was just thinking - one could ask Symbiot to use his textures, and use the .wrp file from that. As far as I know, all that would need updating are the military bases (with Baracken, of course) and l'airport.

Hope your current projects are going well!

2LT McDonald.

I just wanted to ask whether when you look at bushes from a distance they are invisible. On one or two of your previous islands bushes became invisible at range, making them completely useless. Does this happen in this island too?

I hope not. Not being able to use bushes for cover is annoying.

Para @ Feb. 13 2006,11:49)]The version of VTE objects and textures linked in the readme file is not the same as the version in the current VTE mod, I have no knowledge if it works with the current VTE versions or not.

Why couldn't you let it die ages ago...

Quote[/b] ]

Session Start: Fri May 20 10:53:17 2005

(10:53:17) —› query with ([HC]Para) (~dillweed@c211-28-119-71.eburwd3.vic.optusnet.com.au)

(10:53:17) —› common channels: #ofptf

(10:53:17) ((

(10:53:17) ([HC]Para) hey fred, you about mate?

(10:53:45) ([HC]Para) i got a solution re: sebnamJ_

(10:54:14) ([HC]Para) now its sebnamM_ and uses the nicer and newer maam

(11:37:54) ([HC]Para) http://ofp.shafted.com.au/np3/islands/aao.rar

(11:38:01) ([HC]Para) < inc maam nam

(12:29:20) (MI_Fred) well I got a solution to the trenches: http://www.ofptf.net/hosted/MI_Fred/thanhtri.jpg and you can be damn sure you'll miss it if your not on #vte

(12:55:53) ([HC]Para) looks nice smile_o.gif

(12:56:00) ([HC]Para) shame i will miss it then eh

(13:01:25) ([HC]Para) anyways, thanks for the objects and textures smile_o.gif

(13:01:32) —› part: ([HC]Para) (~dillweed@c211-28-119-71.eburwd3.vic.optusnet.com.au) (#ofptf)

(13:02:24) (MI_Fred) don't thank me, you can't use them...

You can't possibly deny receiving that last message, no one can. Or

*receiving an invite back to the team - disregarded.

*the constant denials of further usage of VTE objects before we released them - disregarded.

*knowing about copyrights (in the smallest form - owned by author the instant the work has been created) which were always held by the team - disregarded.

How about giving me your pinkie? You have as much use for it now as I do for these objects - it just hurts when severed. It's been over half a year and I was ready to hang this as a kitsch artwork on the wall, perhaps try again another day from scratch. It's always more though, you gotta do it yourself once to realize the sentimental value this work gives to the final product. Which never came to be before vultures swooped in. Look at poor Sim, he never got VTE to work, and now your already offering more less reliable solutions. WTG.

I'm being easy on you now. I could've waited aeons to post this and let you look behind you back for much longer. That's what I did after that last discussion. Any normal human being would. Oh but do you? Are you at all worried how I might feel about this?

Squabble squabble squabble, that's all this is getting you. Why do you want to use our stuff while you got Unsung/CSJ working with perfectly fine material? That's right, you once were with us. Now you think you are us and we are nothing. Sorry to disappoint, but I am not the holy spirit. Altho you once regarded me very high, this is something else. Please, find another area of interest (like I did (a life)), discontinue (ab)using VTE material and have a nice life.

Conflicts regarding addon usage permissions should be resolved in private. I will close this thread until the issue has been resolved to the satisfaction of all involved.