Sign in to follow this  
Warin

The Middle East part 2

When you look on Israeli politics, they not even thinking about to accept the borderline defined by UN resolutions in ‘67.

Maybe that's because the UN originally said they didn't have to.

Quote[/b] ]I even have sometimes the impression that this suicide attacks merge into some plans of hardliners.

As I assume you categorize me as a "hardliner", your assumptions are left wing gibberish. The local left-of-everythings tried that libel already. It's become stale.

Quote[/b] ]So they don’t have to start negotiating, but can go on with annexing Palestinian land and trying to make new facts.

Gee, you forgot about all the negotiations that have gone on here for the last 11+ years. You also forgot about Israel's withdrawal from all of the major Arab population centers after Oslo and never receiving the promised peace in return. Let's not forget Barak's offer that came pretty close to 67 borders, even though Israel's of the opinion that they aren't obligated to do so, and Arafat's immediate rejection of the offer and his starting the current war, which is now in its 4th year.

New facts? You forgot the old ones it seems.

Quote[/b] ]What I wonder, what do you rufusmac and avon think about the Geneva Accord.

Oslo, Extreme Edition. No thanks.

Quote[/b] ]Is this something you could live with?

It's something that will kill us even more. It's not for those that have even a minimal appreciation of living.

When you look on Israeli politics, they not even thinking about to accept the borderline defined by UN resolutions in ‘67.

Maybe that's because the UN originally said they didn't have to.

Quote[/b] ]
Quote[/b] ]I even have sometimes the impression that this suicide attacks merge into some plans of hardliners.

As I assume you categorize me as a "hardliner", your assumptions are left wing gibberish. The local left-of-everythings tried that libel already. It's become stale.

I wouldn’t say it that way, but I wouldn’t be wrong when I say that you are bit more to the right then I am.

Quote[/b] ]
Quote[/b] ]So they don’t have to start negotiating, but can go on with annexing Palestinian land and trying to make new facts.

Gee, you forgot about all the negotiations that have gone on here for the last 11+ years. You also forgot about Israel's withdrawal from all of the major Arab population centers after Oslo and never receiving the promised peace in return. Let's not forget Barak's offer that came pretty close to 67 borders, even though Israel's of the opinion that they aren't obligated to do so, and Arafat's immediate rejection of the offer and his starting the current war, which is now in its 4th year.

New facts? You forgot the old ones it seems.

I know about the offer from Barak and it hasn’t been wise from Arafat not to even think about it. But Sharon is the complete opposite of Barak and hasn’t served you any better. Thanks to Sharon that you have the second intifada.

Quote[/b] ]
Quote[/b] ]What I wonder, what do you rufusmac and avon think about the Geneva Accord.

It's something that will kill us even more. It's not for those that have even a minimal appreciation of living.

But it is a start and that’s much better then to twiddle one’s thumbs and hope for better times.

LOL ...Actually the first person to categorize you as "very right wing" was you.

I am very right wing. The left would use the word "extreme", which I use to describe their being out of touch with reality.
Have you ever been to Kfar Darom? We have. Mostly lovely people. Will you describe the rest of the community as "rabid right", as Bernadotte does?

No.  I only said that the settlers support the rabid right.  Many are secular, apolitical and will support whichever party that allows them to keep their cheap homes near the seaside.

BTW, it's amazing what a double standard he has. And he calls me a racist?! And what about you? Are you a racist?

Are you saying that I should hold the same view of rufusmac as I do of you just because he is also Israeli?  LOL ...How racist of you.  If rufusmac also espouses racist views then I will call him a racist too, but not just because he is Israeli.

I wouldn’t say it that way, but I wouldn’t be wrong when I say that you are bit more to the right then I am.

Would I be correct in assuming that you live in a country whose neighbors do not seek to annihilate yours through wars and any barbaric means the decide to claim as legitimate?

Would I be correct in assuming that you don't have close friends whose 14 year old sone who shot in the head while waiting at a bus stop on his way home from school, because of his national, no, religious affiliation?

Would I be correct in assuming you don't have friends who are paralyzed from the waste down but a bullet piercing their chest while on the way home from work?

Would I be correct in assuming you haven't attended dozens of funerals of acquaintences who have been blown to pieces or had metal nails and ballbearings rip through their skulls while travelling on a bus or eating in a restaurant?

Would I be correct in assuming you've never done social work for hundreds of families who have lost both parents, one parent, one or more siblings, have lost limbs, eyesight, hearing, full mental capacity, and permanent physical and psycological trauma, as a result of someone wanting to cohabit with 72 virgins in some crazed idea of an afterlife?

If I'm correct, then it's no wonder you can so easily be to the left of me. In many ways, I envy your standing. I'm certainly sure you don't envy mine, in more ways than one.

Quote[/b] ]
Quote[/b] ]
So they don’t have to start negotiating, but can go on with annexing Palestinian land and trying to make new facts.
I know about the offer from Barak and it hasn’t been wise from Arafat not to even think about it. But Sharon is the complete opposite of Barak and hasn’t served you any better. Thanks to Sharon that you have the second intifada.

The current Oslo War was started when Mr. Barak was Prime Minister of this country.

If you're refering to Mr. Sharon's visit to the Temple Mount, Jew's holiest shrine since the time of King David, then:

1. What did Mr. Sharon do wrong?

2. Is it justification for an all-out armed conflict?

3. Think again

Quote[/b] ]But it is a start and that’s much better then to twiddle one’s thumbs and hope for better times.

It's not a start. It's a disaster. We are a living museum of its folly. No one else in the world would ever be as stupid and coniving as Peres, Rabin and Beilin were, should their country ever be in even remotely similar circumstances.

It's the Palestinians who worship war. The line for them doesn't stop at 67 borders and they've long ago, with the help of the Arab League and all of its member nations, lost the right to dictate to us where the borders are.

LOL ...Actually the first person to categorize you as "very right wing" was you.

There's nothing hardline about my opinion under the circumstances.

Quote[/b] ]

No. I only said that the settlers support the rabid right.

Another generalization, not substantiated but no doubt permisable, since it's Israelis we're talking about.
Many are secular, apolitical and will support whichever party that allows them to keep their cheap homes near the seaside.

Then you're truly ignorant. So many of those secular residents of Judea, Samaria and Gaza are the only ones considering leaving. They're not to be found at Kach gatherings (big stuff - usually 10 to 20 people).

There's nothing hardline about my opinion under the circumstances.

Avon, all you seem to do is redefine your opponents' views and then argue against those fabricated positions without listening to what anybody is really saying.  For instance, why don't you wait until someone calls you a hardliner rather than defending yourself against an accusation that wasn't made?  It would add credibility to your contributions here.  It would also keep you from feeling that we are all repeating the same thing again and again when actually it is you who are putting the same words in our mouths over and over again.  

And regarding Kach, you are confused again.  Rufusmac brought them up, not me.  Please take it up with him.

It would add credibility to your contributions here.

I'm not here for your approval.

Quote[/b] ]It would also keep you from feeling that we are all repeating the same thing again and again when actually it is you who are putting the same words in our mouths over and over again.

All of my posts in recent days are responses to others. I did not instigate any new issues.

Would I be correct in assuming that you live in a country whose neighbors do not seek to annihilate yours through wars and any barbaric means the decide to claim as legitimate?

Would I be correct in assuming that you don't have close friends whose 14 year old sone who shot in the head while waiting at a bus stop on his way home from school, because of his national, no, religious affiliation?

Would I be correct in assuming you don't have friends who are paralyzed from the waste down but a bullet piercing their chest while on the way home from work?

Would I be correct in assuming you haven't attended dozens of funerals of acquaintences who have been blown to pieces or had metal nails and ballbearings rip through their skulls while travelling on a bus or eating in a restaurant?

Would I be correct in assuming you've never done social work for hundreds of families who have lost both parents, one parent, one or more siblings, have lost limbs, eyesight, hearing, full mental capacity, and permanent physical and psycological trauma, as a result of someone wanting to cohabit with 72 virgins in some crazed idea of an afterlife?

If I'm correct, then it's no wonder you can so easily be to the left of me. In many ways, I envy your standing. I'm certainly sure you don't envy mine, in more ways than one.

Yes you are right with all your assumptions and yes I don’t envy your standing. I think both of us agree that this violence has to stop. But as long as you think Israelis are the only victims of this conflict and you not even think about that there are may also Palestinians who suffer under the violence of your country, it will be impossible to find a solution.

So what do you propose, I wonder? Is it something like chase away all Palestinian and annex all their land?

Quote[/b] ]It's the Palestinians who worship war. The line for them doesn't stop at 67 borders and they've long ago, with the help of the Arab League and all of its member nations, lost the right to dictate to us where the borders are.

Well your line doesn’t stop at the 67 borders either as you just said in a post before.

Quote[/b] ] Maybe that's because the UN originally said they didn't have to.

And I don’t think that it’s only the Palestinians who worship war. These are some extremists within their community, as your community has extremists. You can’t generalize it that simply. May read some post of Bernadotte again. May they give you an idea how they must feel. It would be a start. I don't want to argue along her line, she sometimes even goes to far for my taste.

...I don't want to argue along her line, she sometimes even goes to far for my taste.

He.  biggrin_o.gif

And I'd really like to know where you think I've gone too far.

Feel free to send me a PM if you don't want to digress from the current discussion. smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]2.  Why do you think 3/4 of a million Palestinians left their homes, farms and property in around 1948 to become refugees?  And why have they not been allowed to return?

3.  Why didn't Israel even allow the 30 - 40,000 internally displaced Palestinians who remained within Israel to return to their homes?  (ref: ReliefWeb)

5.  Why did Israel demolish over 400 Palestinian towns and villages in the late 40s and early 50s?  (And if you don't believe it happened then please explain what Israeli author A.B Yehoshua's famous short story "Facing the Forest" was based on.)

Basically what I think is that it doesn't help when you go back in to the creation of the state of Israel. It is root of today’s problems, but it doesn’t help to solve them. Israel exists which can’t be undone without creating much greater problems.

Quote[/b] ]2.  Why do you think 3/4 of a million Palestinians left their homes, farms and property in around 1948 to become refugees?  And why have they not been allowed to return?

3.  Why didn't Israel even allow the 30 - 40,000 internally displaced Palestinians who remained within Israel to return to their homes?  (ref: ReliefWeb)

5.  Why did Israel demolish over 400 Palestinian towns and villages in the late 40s and early 50s?  (And if you don't believe it happened then please explain what Israeli author A.B Yehoshua's famous short story "Facing the Forest" was based on.)

Basically what I think is that it doesn't help when you go back in to the creation of the state of Israel. It is root of today’s problems, but it doesn’t help to solve them.

Can we compare the loss of 560 Italian lives in 1944 with the loss of all property by 760,000 Palestinians in 1948?  Which is worse?  Why is it ok to still deal with the one and not the other - especially when that Italian massacre is not at the root of any of today's conflicts.  Try telling homeless Palestinians that dealing with their loss doesn't solve anything.  Their loss might not mean anything to you, but it is everything to them.

I'm glad that what happened to those Italian civilians has not been forgotten.

I'm sad that so many people have a different standard when the victims were Arab civilians.

Israel exists which can’t be undone without creating much greater problems.

Can you show me one post from anyone at any time that suggests undoing Israel?  If not, then you are putting opinions in the mouths of others.

i'm arguing that the past needs to be forgotten to make room for the future. (Taking reality into account)

As you can probably tell from my reply to Cephalid, I disagree.  In an earlier post you mentioned the Deir Yassin massacre.  I strongly recommend that you read Ami Isseroff's analysis of it.  The only reason I mention it here is that he closes with the following comment:

Quote[/b] ]If we are to make peace, then there is much that both sides will need to admit, much to forgive, and perhaps much to forget.  -- Ami Isseroff

Too many people want to skip over the admit and forgive parts and jump straight to forget.  In my very first question to theavonlady I asked her about this.

These days, some Zionist leaders have suggested apologising for what was forced at the Palestinians during the mandate period.  And nearly all agree that lasting peace will never be possible without some greater reconciliation effort.  What do you think?

She never replied.

So I'll finish this post by quoting Section 14 from Article 7 of the Geneva Initiative:

Quote[/b] ]14.   Reconciliation Programs

i.  The Parties will encourage and promote the development of cooperation between their relevant institutions and civil societies in creating forums for exchanging historical narratives and enhancing mutual understanding regarding the past.

ii.  The Parties shall encourage and facilitate exchanges in order to disseminate a richer appreciation of these respective narratives, in the fields of formal and informal education, by providing conditions for direct contacts between schools, educational institutions and civil society.

iii.  The Parties may consider cross-community cultural programs in order to promote the goals of conciliation in relation to their respective histories.

iv.  These programs may include developing appropriate ways of commemorating those villages and communities that existed prior to 1949.

What I wonder, what do you rufusmac and avon think about the Geneva Accord.

I also tried to get a meaningful response to the Geneva Innitiative from theavonlady back on page 44.  ...But, no luck.

Methinks she hasn't even read it. sad_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I suggest you visit some gorgeous communities, like Kfar Darom, Beit El, Karnei Shomron and so many more, before you cast you stereotype perverted view on everyone living east of the Green Line.

Its clear that we have a division in opinion here, and I would stress that my coments were not meant to be stereotyped against those in the WB or GS.  The first family I stayed with when I came here were very close family friends who live in mitzpe Nevo in Maale Adumim.  They are strong advocates of the "transfer" solution as are many in that particular community (A Kach brochure is given out at shul every shabbat).  I do not hold any resentment towards them or the right in general, I just disagree with their approach.  I wasn't categorizing "settlers" as a group with the Dan-Picards.  I was stereotyping the Dan-Picards as Dan-Picards.  A comment like theirs represents a body of opinion that certainly exists in Israel; and I feel it is dangerous towards peace.  I can understand it, but I do not support it.

I know that certain views shaped by a general lack of experience can be construed as naive, but I also believe that views shaped by traumatic experiences can be just as naive and dangerously inflexible.

P.S. I do not consider myself left-of-center, nor do I consider Avon to be "rabid-right".

Quote[/b] ]BTW, it's amazing what a double standard he has. And he calls me a racist?! And what about you? Are you a racist?
 While some may think so, I don't see members of the yishuv as a different "race" than other Israeli's. tounge_o.gif    And I stand by my comments.  I don't want this to get into a religious thing, but kahana was not right, and groups like Kahana-chai and the JDL act to incite, not educate.  It doesn't take a brochure or a pamphlet (as you noted) to develop views like the dan-picards.  BUT i would wager a guess that they held them before they even moved to Kfar-Darom - and who convinced them to move their? While maybe not an organization like Kach persay', I don't think it was because of a juicy subsidy either.  If my speculation is in fact sterotypical than so be it, 10 to 1 odds i'm right about it.

P.P.S  In this sentence

Quote[/b] ] The Israeli government does not indoctrinate the settlers with religious ideology and anti-arab sentiment.

I meant to say "these settlers", which should clear this up some.

nope

What I wonder, what do you rufusmac and avon think about the Geneva Accord.

I also tried to get a meaningful response to the Geneva Innitiative from theavonlady back on page 44.  ...But, no luck.

Methinks she hasn't even read it. sad_o.gif

Im sure she has; I have, its garbage. Here it is BTW for those who want to read it. http://www.americantaskforce.org/geneva.htm

We can joust on it later. Now i'm going to have some lunch.

About reconciliation. Its a catch 22. If israel "admitted" to its "evils" against the Palestinians, they would only end up losing precious leverage that the Palestinians would use against them (which is what I would expect of them to do). Reconciliation comes AFTER the peace agreement, AFTER the borders are drawn. I'd really love to go in depth on this, as I have alot to say, but my water is boiling...

Here's an ongoing controversy here in Sweden: 'Bomber' artwork enrages Israel. Apparently Israel's ambassador tried to vandalise the exhibit and was kicked out of the museum.

_39750513_artworkafp203body.jpg

Quote[/b] ]

Israel has called on the Swedish Government to dismantle an art exhibit featuring a Palestinian suicide bomber, which it says is an incitement to kill.

On Friday the Israeli ambassador to Stockholm was ejected from a museum for vandalising the exhibit.

Ambassador Zvi Mazel said the work, which has a boat floating in a pool of red liquid, was "a call for genocide".

But its Israeli-born creator rejected the charge, saying the work had a message of openness and conciliation.

Sweden's foreign ministry has summoned Mr Mazel to give an explanation for his actions on Monday.

He was expelled from Stockholm's Museum of Antiquities on Friday after he threw a spotlight at the exhibit.

Called Snow White And The Madness Of Truth, the installation features a photo of Hanadi Jaradat, a 29-year-old trainee lawyer who blew up herself and 19 Israelis in a Haifa restaurant in October.

The work is accompanied by a piece of Bach music entitled My Heart Is Swimming In Blood.

The installation was commissioned ahead of a conference on genocide to be held later in January.

'Free speech'

"It is impossible to justify the incitement and cultivation of hatred as shown in this exhibit in the name of freedom of expression," said Israeli foreign ministry spokesman David Saranger.

"The Swedish Government cannot remain indifferent and should take steps to remove it."

Mr Saranger defended the ambassador's physical attack on the installation, saying no Israeli could "remain indifferent".

Dror Feiler, an expatriate Israeli artist who collaborated on the installation, said Mr Mazel had tried to "stop free speech and free artistic expression".

"I'm absolutely opposed to suicide bombers," he added.

The director of the museum, Kristian Berg, said the installation would remain in place.

"You can have your own view of what this piece of art is all about, but it is never, never allowed to use violence and it is never allowed to try to silence the artist," he said.

And they call that art? Even my grampa could pull better art out of his arse.

Yes, it is art, and no fascist Israeli ambassador has the right to attack it, especially in a sovereign nation.

The odd thing is that the piece of art is directed against the suicide bombers. The text written (that is a central part of the installation) states clearly "She entered covertly Israel, ran into a restaurant, shot a security guard and blew herself up and murdered 19 innocent civilians"

I don't see how on earth anybody could make it out to be glorifying suicide bombers.  rock.gif

Regardless, it's utterly uncivilized behaviour to vandalise a piece of art in a museum, regardless of its contents. And this is especially remarkable when it's done by an ambassador of another country.

Israel has formally demanded now that the work be removed. Sweden has told them to stuff it and demanded a public apology for the behaviour of the ambassador. It's possible that if he refuses to do so, that he will be declared persona non grata and kicked out of Sweden.

Israel has countered by saying that it might withdraw from the conference on genocide that's going to be hosted in Stockholm in a couple of weeks.

I say, let them. Heine once said that "If you burn books today, you burn people tomorrow". And destroying artwork that you don't approve of politically is not far from burning books.

---

For an opposing point of view, here's Jerusalem Post article on the subject: Israeli ambassador wrecks Swedish pro-terror exhibit.

To paraphrase the ambassador:

"This was not a piece of journalism. This was a monstrosity, an obscene distortion of reality. For me it was intolerable and an insult to the Swedish people. As a citizen of Sweden I could not remain indifferent to such an obscene misrepresentation of reality."

Does that give me the right to destroy Jerusalem Post's server? rock.gif

hanadi.jpgWikipedia has an entry for her.

I wonder if that means they are glorifying terrorism.

Quote[/b] ]Hanadi Jaradat (full name Hanadi Tayseer Abdul Malek Jaradat) was a Palestinian woman from Jenin.

She was 29 when she blew herself up on Saturday, October 4, 2003 in the popular beach restaurant Maxim's in the northern Israeli city of Haifa, killing at least 21 Arab and Jewish people and wounding 51 others. Among the victims there were 2 families and 5 children, including 2-months old baby.

She was a member of the islamist terrorist group Islamic Jihad and a lawyer. According to reports, she was motivated by the death of her cousin, and especially by the death of her brother in her presence during an IDF undercover operation to capture or kill a cousin who was wanted by Israel.

According to the Washington Post, her brother and cousin were killed in front of her as follows:

Quote[/b] ]At 9 p.m. on June 12, Fadi Jaradat, 23, a produce vendor who supported his ailing father, his mother and his siblings, stepped out the front door of his house with cups of thick, black Arabic coffee for his sister, Hanadi, his cousin, Salah, and Salah's wife, according to Thair Jaradat, Hanadi's 15-year-old brother.

Suddenly a Nissan truck approached the house on the dusty, narrow street in eastern Jenin. Israeli security forces wearing civilian clothing bolted out of the truck and opened fire, hitting Salah in the throat and Fadi in the abdomen, Thair said.

The security troops then dragged the two men into their jeeps, dumped their bodies at a checkpoint on the edge of town and told neighbors where to find the bodies, said Assad Zahi Zarour, 33, the Jaradats' next-door neighbor and owner of the house the family had rented for the last 18 years.

The odd thing is that the piece of art is directed against the suicide bombers. The text written (that is a central part of the installation) states clearly "She entered covertly Israel, ran into a restaurant, shot a security guard and blew herself up and murdered 19 innocent civilians"

You're missing some text:

Before the engagement took place, he was killed in an encounter with the Israeli security forces

and she ran over sharp stones and through thorns

She said: Your blood will not have been shed in vain

and was about to pierce Snow White's innocent heart

She was hospitalized, prostrate with grief, after witnessing the shootings

The wild beasts will soon have devoured you

After his death, she became the breadwinner and she devoted herself solely to that goal

â€Yesâ€, said Snow White, "with all my heartâ€

Weeping bitterly, she added: 'If our nation cannot realize its dream and the goals of the victims, and live in freedom and dignity, then let the whole world be erased'"

According to the Washington Post, her brother and cousin were killed in front of her as follows:
Quote[/b] ]At 9 p.m. on June 12, Fadi Jaradat, 23, a produce vendor who supported his ailing father, his mother and his siblings, stepped out the front door of his house with cups of thick, black Arabic coffee for his sister, Hanadi, his cousin, Salah, and Salah's wife, according to Thair Jaradat, Hanadi's 15-year-old brother.

Suddenly a Nissan truck approached the house on the dusty, narrow street in eastern Jenin. Israeli security forces wearing civilian clothing bolted out of the truck and opened fire, hitting Salah in the throat and Fadi in the abdomen, Thair said.

The security troops then dragged the two men into their jeeps, dumped their bodies at a checkpoint on the edge of town and told neighbors where to find the bodies, said Assad Zahi Zarour, 33, the Jaradats' next-door neighbor and owner of the house the family had rented for the last 18 years.

You forgot a small sentence:

Quote[/b] ]The Israeli military said the two men were Islamic Jihad activists.

And isn't it amazing how the tales of Israeli brutality change from report to report?

Quote[/b] ]Source: AP

http://www.thecouriermail.news.com.au/common....00.html

On June 12, Israeli troops who had come to arrest her cousin Salah, an Islamic Jihad militant, killed him and her brother Fadi.

She heard the shots and ran outside to help, but the soldiers shooed her away.

Sounds like another Jenin fabrication.

Quote[/b] ]And they call that art? Even my grampa could pull better art out of his arse.

I agree  wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Yes, it is art, and no fascist Israeli ambassador has the right to attack it, especially in a sovereign nation.

Fascist Israeli ambassador sounds funny. Like Zionist Palestinian.

While I don't agree to fierce response from the ambassador (he could have just walked out in disgust for example), I still think the artwork does not show very good taste. I generally don't like politically motivated artwork and especially when the piece of work is made by a man with seemingly no personal ties to the conflict. And why the hell Israeli ambassador was introduced to this peace of work, what did they think he was going to react? What if that picture was replaced by the murderer of Anna Lindh, how Swedes would react to that? I think the whole affair is just combination of bad diplomatic behaviour and major blunder from the artist and the arrangers of that event.

You're missing some text:

So are you. Complete text:

Quote[/b] ]

Once upon a time in the middle of winter

For the June 12 deaths of her brother, and her cousin

and three drops of blood fell

She was also a woman

as white as snow, as red as blood, and her hair was as black as ebony

Seemingly innocent with universal non-violent character, less suspicious of intentions

and the red looked beautiful upon the white

The murderer will yet pay the price and we will not be the only ones who are crying

like a weed in her heart until she had no peace day and night

Hanadi Jaradat was a 29-year-old lawyer

I will run away into the wild forest, and never come home again

Before the engagement took place, he was killed in an encounter with the Israeli security forces

and she ran over sharp stones and through thorns

She said: Your blood will not have been shed in vain

and was about to pierce Snow White's innocent heart

She was hospitalized, prostrate with grief, after witnessing the shootings

The wild beasts will soon have devoured you

After his death, she became the breadwinner and she devoted herself solely to that goal

?Yes?, said Snow White, "with all my heart?

Weeping bitterly, she added: "If our nation cannot realize its dream and the goals of the victims, and live in freedom and dignity, then let the whole world be erased"

Run away, then, you poor child

She secretly crossed into Israel, charged into a Haifa restaurant, shot a security guard, blew herself up and murdered 19 innocent civilians

as white as snow, as red as blood, and her hair was as black as ebony

And many people are indeed crying: the Zer Aviv family, the Almog family, and all the relatives and friends of the dead and the wounded

and the red looked beautiful upon the white

Very typical pacifist: they killed her family, she went on killing innocent civilians as revenge. Message: violence begets violence.

Blake:

Quote[/b] ]What if that picture was replaced by the murderer of Anna Lindh, how Swedes would react to that?

No offence, but that's a very silly comment. Would people object if you put the picture of Mijailovic in a pool of fake blood with a text of his story? Of course not. Why on earth would we object to that?

I'm amazed that there are actually people supporting Israel's position of this. I don't know, maybe in Israel it's ok to ban books and artistic works that are not liked for one reason or another. In Sweden it's not. We don't burn books or destroy works of art - is it so strange that we react negatively when somebody from the outside tries to do that?