Sign in to follow this  
theavonlady

Middle Eastern Environmental Soundpack (MEESP)

UPDATED: March 23, 2005 - fixed WAV files in AESP Multimedia File Installer

The purpose of the Afghan Environmental SoundPack (AESP) is to compile a collection of music, sound and radio audio files for use in OFP world environments that portray Afghanistan or similar locations. Other file types, such as scripts, may also possibly be added to the AESP in the future.

This is starting off small, with 2 muazzin call-to-prayer WAV file audio clips contributed by OFP player AceCombat. This is the first public joint cooperative effort between Israel and Saudi Arabia. NOTE: Avon takes no responsibility for the Saudi Secret Police's reactions to these events. Run, AceCombat, run! wow_o.gif

The AESP is distributed in AMORE compliant format. For general information about AMORE, see the AMORE section at The FAQ and refer to this BIS forum thread.

The benefit of using AMORE, as always, is to make a single copy of these files globally available to missions, mods and addons.

Additional file contributions are welcome to the AESP. If you do contribute files, please make sure that they are ready for use in OFP. For example, don't send me MP3 files, where I have to do the dirty work of converting them to an OFP supported format. And if you send an OGG, make sure it plays in OFP before sending it to me. Files can be emailed to me if they are under 2MB in size. For larger files, please email me first to make file transfer arrangement by some other method.

If you don't yet have an AMORE folder in your OFP install directory, you'll first need to download and run the AMORE Installer. Don't worry! The AMORE installation files I produce will not alter your Windows registry. If you're worried about EXE files, here's a plain RAR equivalent, from which you'll have to manually extract the files to the correct folders.

Once you've got an AMORE folder in OFP's install directory, you'll need to install the latest version (V1.40) of my own Amore Addon file (non-executable ZIP version here).

Finally the AESP's AMORE Multimedia File Installer can be downloaded from here (non-executable RAR version here).

err, nice work, but the amore.rar file for version 1.4 leeds to wrong direction i fear

err, nice work, but the amore.rar file for version 1.4 leeds to wrong direction i fear

Fixed link. That should have been a ZIP - not a RAR - file. Thanks.

Cool neat move avon , i think this will be helpful for the non-middleeastern folks to find suitable music for their missions in Iraqi/afghani type envoirnments.

I got a few tracks which i think can be used in this pack , i'll send them later as well. They'll be easy to convert in OGG to since they are in Mp3 format unlike Wav.

Quote[/b] ]This is the first public joint cooperative effort between Israel and Saudi Arabia. NOTE: Avon takes no responsibility for the Saudi Secret Police's reactions to these events. Run, AceCombat, run!

The only reaction to a bit of music file sharing would be that they'd tap their feet to the rythim of the track tounge_o.gif

The only reaction to a bit of music file sharing would be that they'd tap their feet to the rythim of the track

They might also chop off your keyboard. wow_o.gif

The only reaction to a bit of music file sharing would be that they'd tap their feet to the rythim of the track

They might also chop off your keyboard. wow_o.gif

Or even hands!! mad_o.gif

Cooool. I'm glad to see you two working together. One idea Avon Lady is to also incorporate the stuff from the OPGWC pack...of coarse unless that stuff is already in there.

smile_o.gif

Salam/Shalom

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

AceCombat has some more tracks he's sending over. I've got 2.

More contributions welcome! Remember, they can be music, sounds or any audio that might be useful to mission, mod and addon makers in this genre.

Can't really get this to work, I've tried both the manual way AND the EXE way... smile_o.gif what am I doing wrong here?

Can't really get this to work, I've tried both the manual way AND the EXE way... smile_o.gif what am I doing wrong here?

Beats me!

What's not working? rock.gif

After running the AMORE installer, then my AMORE Addon installer and then the AESP Multimedia Installer, was there an AMORE folder, with subfolders in your OFP directory?

If so, is your problem in referencing the files in a mission or mod?

Details! Details!

I see the new audio and music files in the editor, but I can't hear anything when I try them out...

Hold on... I thought I could just play hear these in the editor... could that be the problem? :-S

Found the problem. Stay tuned. When I next post, you'll have to download just the AESP MultiMedia Installer again with the corrected WAVs.

AESP Multimedia File Installer is now fixed. Redownload again everyone.

I tested it out, using the "say" command in a mission.

Sorry to say this, but I actually meant the AMORE files. I tried the AMORE music and soundfiles, still doesn't work... same problem as before: Can't hear anything. crazy_o.gif

I still don't know what you mean. You should have the following files installed:

\Operation Flashpoint\Amore\AddOns\Amore_Avon.pbo

\Operation Flashpoint\Amore\Avon\Sound\aesp_muazzin_morning.wav

\Operation Flashpoint\Amore\Avon\Sound\aesp_muazzin_restoftheday.wav

To test, I placed a soldier on the desert island and set its INIT line to:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this say "Amore_Avon_AESP_muazzin_morning"

Works for me! smile_o.gif

Ok i have a question a general one , how do i get Winrar to shorten file sizes drastically? For example i have seen people get 11 mb files after RAR'ing them they are like 3-4 mb big only?

I am on a slow net connection and therefore would appreciate if someone can tell me how do i RAR my music files so they also end up much smaller then the original otherwise rar'ing them is of no use , i got 18 MBs worth of files but after RAR its only 17.5 MB. crazy_o.gifsad_o.gif

Any help will be appreciated if its not possible however i will have to send avon the files uploaded song by song separately and that will cost me time.

WinRAR is not a miracle worker. While generally having a better compression ratio than WinZIP, there's only so much you can already compress certain file types.

Maybe there is an "extreme compression" option somewhere in WinRAR, but there's a limit how much better that can be with music files.

Yeah i know and i was wondering maybe theres something you have to do to get that bit of 'extra' compression , i mean if it only gets them compressed 15-20% i'll be happy. Right now its only 2% crazy_o.gif .

i got a question to the use of the muazzin call, i would love to use it in my mission "Dynamic Afghanistan"

but i dont want to use any more addons, so could i most humbly ask if i could use them seperatly in

my misison smile_o.gif

greets Honcho

i got a question to the use of the muazzin call, i would love to use it in my mission "Dynamic Afghanistan"

but i dont want to use any more addons, so could i most humbly ask if i could use them seperatly in

my misison  smile_o.gif

You have my permission but this is counter-productive for several reasons:

1. If other mission makers reference these AMORE files, users will have them already. Why the duplication?

2. It's true that these particular audio files are small but why not keep you mission file download size super slim by keeping the audio files external from the mission PBO?

3. My Avon AMORE Addon file is a tiny 31KB file.

But like I said, feel free to use them as you please.

Avon Lady -

thank you so much for this, i know it is conterproductive to your goals, i know your intend,

and dont get me wrong, i think its a good idea smile_o.gif but on the side of the mission programmer

it is very important to keep the addons as limited as possible, because it is often the tip

of the iceberg to not play a mission, once too many addons are involved

so thank you and ace combat, for leting me use them wink_o.gif

greets Honcho

ps: before i forget, and congratulations you two on the first public joint cooperative effort between Israel and Saudi Arabia

may the idea spread wink_o.gif