Sign in to follow this  
rekrul

Your coolest MP kill?

i was west, our team was having problems with a bmp in the next town, so i grabbed a satchel charge and a jeep and drove out there, i stopped right next to it, got out, put the satchel charge, then jumped back in the jeep, a russian got in the jeep in the passenger seat to my amazement, fearing i woulndt be able to hit the charge before i drove out of blast radius, i blew the satchel, the bmp exploded and sent me and the russian flying in the air, we landed right on top of an ammo crate, and were just sitting there, me and him, we couldnt get out cuz our jeep was sorta upside down, so we just sat there, till one of his friends shot me... it was pretty hillarious

Interesting, normally its not possible for an opposing side player to enter a vechile occupied by your side.

It's a bug.

It happens when one guy is lagging out. And they get into the vehicle at the same time.

What's strange is that one of you chose to Ride In Back. Hmmm...

I made a Cap and Hold mission at that nice canyon on Malden (the west side) where each flag is on the opposing cliff. My teammate grabbed an M2A2 and drove out from NATO base to the southern cliff and grabbed the flag and then took up position near the fence there. Meanwhile, I came screaming along in my M60 and I was trying to track an enemy OH58. When I looked I saw my teammate sitting there too late. I rammed into him and sent that M2A2 almost all the way across the canyon and my M60 hurtled along behind it flipping upside down. It was a hilarious sight, these two tanks flipping over the cliff. My teammate thought that the OH58 had somehow blown him off the cliff.

Another time , I was in an OH58 and two Mi24's were chasing me around trying to stop me from stealing their flag. Meanwhile one of my teammates came flying up in an AH1 to try and help me. By now me and the 2 hinds were pretty close together. My teammate couldn't slow down enough and slammed into the Hind on my left, who slammed into me, and I slammed into the other hind. 4 burning helicopters plummeted from the sky and I was laughing like crazy all the way down.

She'll be moving out again very soon if you shout at her the way you shout at us smile.gif

MAYBE A MORTAR SHELL LANDED CLOSE BY SO HE'S HEARING IMPARED?!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Rekrul @ Jan. 18 2002,18:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">MAYBE A MORTAR SHELL LANDED CLOSE BY SO HE'S HEARING IMPARED?!<span id='postcolor'>

WHAT? CAN'T HEAR YOU BECAUSE THAT MORTAR SHELL LANDED SO CLOSE! biggrin.gif

back to topic:

I hit an other chopper head on at the height of 300m, flew through to "windshield" and fell down to the ground. I died hitting the ground. Nice drop.

I managed to track down the guy who stole my flag while he was trying to take a little sports car for a drive on the beach. I happened to be in a 5-ton, so I decided to just ram him at top speed. Well...it worked, but I aimed a little to far ahead of him and only my right side tires went up over his hood. This flipped my truck on it's side, and caused him to hit the underside of the truck like a wall, and he died instantly. I hoped out of my jackknifed truck, and collected my flag biggrin.gif. Quite satisfying, and worth a good laugh for all invovled.

Sgtvor.

i had mine tonight smile.gif

saw a UAZ flying towards my base and i lined up a Carl Gustov at him and fired just as he went down a dip outa sight.

ii ran down to see if i got him and he was nowhere to be seen, and while i was spinning in circles looking the UAZ came crashing down right infornt of me, i must have sent him 50ft into the air or something - lol

My favorite MP kill was in the plain old flag-fight map that came with version 1.0 (on Malden).

After being shot to hell and back by the guys I was playing with (they'd already got their grubby little hands on both available sniper rifles) I managed to grab a LAW.

In pure frustration, I aimed the crosshairs at the horizon and let fly. The rocket dissappeared from my view, and about 5 seonds later, I heard a cry "what the f***?" from the next room (we were playing LAN), then up came the message "Robotman was killed by *me*".

Apparently he was lurking in a building somewhere near the flagpole, when my little old 66mm rocket demolished it!

Pure fluke, but very enjoyable anyway.

--------------

Favorite death? Hearing an AI under my command call "Soldier, 100m". When I heard this, I thought I'd crowd up against the 5-ton truck we just got out of so he wouldn't have a clear shot at me.

What my dimwitted AI failed to call was "RPG soldier", even thought it appeared in the text, all he said aloud was "soldier". This would have drastically changed my course of action, needless to say.

About 2 seconds later I was greeted with an ear-splitting boom as an RPG blew the truck and myself into little pieces. I was absolutely furious for about 5 seconds, and then laughed so hard I nearly fell over.  tounge.gif

I was trying to fire fluke shots from my T55 today.

I was in my spawn, and I fired towards the enemy spawn.

I was hoping for the HEAT shell to land somewhere near the enemy, but instead, I nailed an Apache. hahahahaha

I laughed my ass off.

Then I just continued to fire pot shots at the enemy spawn-base.

When i was DM-ing with my brother. He was flying a fully armed kiowa chopper, and i was in a trabant. He shot me and missed, but i had a flat tire. sad.gif Then i hide in a bush, and he was flying high and slow to look for me. I had a sniper and shot him. He fell out of the chopper dead, and when he fell on the ground, the chopper crashed on him. biggrin.gif

And once he was driving away in a sportcar. I was flying a plane, and crashed on him. Both dead, but i got him biggrin.gif

Hehe, this guy charged our base in a sports car, and I had just respawned....so, i grab the .50 cal, and just lay into him. I put about 75 rounds into the car, and it slowly rolled to a stop and hit the sandbags, with the driver totally defaced. Ahh....

i love mutual kills, like a showdown near the flag when 2 guys stand still and just blast each other and both go down. i always get a kick out of that.

I haven't played many online games but the coolest death me and a fellower LANer saw was when we planted our entire supply of satchel charges under all our tanks and triggers them simultaniously. One of the tanks flew past me so close it flattened my poor sniper!

it_go_boom.JPG

my best mp kill was :

shooting a weak camper in the back of his head.

he disconnected when he was dead the bitch

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FetishFool @ Jan. 16 2002,05:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It's a bug.

It happens when one guy is lagging out.  And they get into the vehicle at the same time.

What's strange is that one of you chose to Ride In Back.  Hmmm...<span id='postcolor'>

I do that all the time.. (especially in SP) click to enter the vehicle while under fire or in a rush, and end up moving just as I click so that the list re-arranges itself and I end up getting into the back or passenger position instead of the spot I want.

I spotted a guy whith my binoculars (faaaar away) and then I shot a few rounds whith my M16 in his direction just for fun, a few seconds later I heard him scream. I picked up my binoculars again and he was DEAD! HA!

M21?

No thanks I have my M16!!!

my first ever online game, with my mate (his first too)

"ok, lets get in the jeep"

"no, im in the tank, im a gunner"

"really? can you fire?"

boom

i died

you had to be there........

and someone had the cheek to call us n00bs.... confused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gif

My funnyest death must of been today testing out my new misson Air war and i'm flying around in my heli i get to the sea i go down and crash but no....it crashed but it did NOT blow and i was still alive i thout...was i dead and i got the respawn to work? i waited a min no....it seemed i was still alive in the crashed heli in the water i was floating on the water i look around erverything desortyed....so i get out and BOOM i drown and get blown up by the heli! hehe

=======================Kill=====================

I was in a heli flying about and i came arost a other heli i was trying to shoot it down but i got hit i ejeted amost landed in the water lucky me i still had my rpg i pulled it out it was coming back right on top of me i fired i hit it it came smoking down from the air to the water and i amost hit a jet too...

My coolest kill came on the MP mission where you defend Cancun against an impossible onslaught. I never played the mission before, and it was a little strange the way it was laid out. There were some derelict T72s and an M2 bunker forming part of the defense. No sign of the enemy, so I decided to test things out. I was disappointed that the M2 had no ammo, and ran over to the T72. I jumped in as gunner and started playing with the sights and controls like a big kid, when suddenly I notice through the sights an enemy patrol of at least 5 soldiers coming over the hill! "OMG... OMG... ok, load HEAT" I was desparately hoping that the HEAT shell would be ready before the squad disappeared into the foliage. By the time it was ready, most of them made did indeed make it behind the bushes which made me very frustrated. So, in my frustration I fired off a HEAT shell right into the bush where i last saw them and to my surprise, I got 5 of them!

My celebration was short lived, because suddenly the tank I was got hit and I was killed. Turns out, the enemy had 4 fully operational T-72s of their own coming down the main road. sad.gif

It was in a CTF game with 6 v 6. Two guys in a hummer fly past me over a hill going full speed. I reached for my RPG and looked down the hill but saw the Hummer hit it's brakes and did a 180 fish tail. I switched back to my Bizon and killed the driver when he came out. I then switched back to my RPG in case the hummer had more occupants that didnt want to disembark. The 2nd guy got out and I fired the RPG. The damn missle went under the Hummer and blew up 20 meters behind the intended target. I knew i was dead but I was persistent and begun reloading the RPG. By then the guy was out of the hummer and walking towards me .... he had his gun drawn but i wasnt dieing. Was he some kind of sicko ? Closer and closer he walked towards me... finally the RPG reloaded and I took aim and fired into his chest killing him but not the Hummer. Turns out he was my most prized target, the text ran:

Suchey killed by .... Enron Exec.

I laughed my butt off and asked why he didnt send me to my maker. It turned out he had picked up a gun with no ammo. LOL.

On another CTF map, the game was drawing to an end and i had finally snuck up to the enemy's base. I saw 2 guys in a look out tower, so i switched to my RPG. One of them paniced and just before i fired, he jumps out of the tower and lands right underneath. The rocket blows up the tower killing both dudes. I stood there and watched the body in the tower flop off and fall. Then the guy on the groud laughed saing he saw his friend's body fall on top of him after they died.

Best one for me.... I was giving long range fire support to my squad.... i was in control of a Dragunov Sniper. I found a beaut of a bush and laid prone... i was kind watching the action down with the grunts.... somethin waaay in the distance caught my eye. A moving bush. I flipped optics up.... this guys about 600m away lieing prone.... He stayed very still. I think he saw me but i put a bullet in his head before he could fire. Later that game i saw him making for a tank for cover... i blew off his leg.. thn shot em in the hand by a fluke... he just lied there shooting pot shots at me.... i flipped up my LAW targeted him and watched as the rocket him him nicely and well.... lets just say made him fertilizer....

T5 MO$$