Sign in to follow this  
rekrul

Your coolest MP kill?

We were a bunch of friends playing a selfmade CTF mission and one guy from the other team was driving a jeep with MG. His gunner had previously died and I was sitting in a bush with my RPG when he came driving straight for me. I hit him (the driver) in the face from 10m or so with the rocket wich didn't explode (possibly lag tho), his bloody body just fell off and the jeep rolled slowly past me, totally unharmed. (Yes I got in the jeep and drove off).

I guess this is an 'oldie' but it's new for me so those who want to brag their warstories, go ahead. smile.gif

-Rekrul

A UAZ was driving up a hill, and I was in a UH60 with no ammo.

I flew about 10 feet high, and up the hill on the other side.  I popped out of the top of the hill, and played Chicken with the UAZ.

I saw his reactions.  First, he turned left, then he did a sharp turn right, then he turned left again right at me.  We hit eachother dead on, and I flew right out of the cockpit about 200 m.  It was hilarious because I was in 1st person view, so I saw myself fly right out of the cockpit.

I died, of course.  And so did he.

My coolest MP kill would have to be when I was in an M1 and my enemy was in a T-72. I disabled his tank and he bailed out. As he was crawling around, I shot him with my MG. He soon came back riding in a UAZ, I got on the road and rammed him at full speed, sending him and the UAZ into the air and on to my tank.

My coolest MP death would have to be when I was trying to blow up a T-72 with a satchel charge. Unbeknownst to me, his buddy was also in a T-80 farther back. Instead of shooting me, he just ran towards me. The thing is, I had no idea he was there until I looked up and saw his traks in my face. Made me laugh out loud.

Good times.... biggrin.gif

Tyler

i caped a pilot in a airborn chinhook loaded with some troops with a rifle than it crashed on me sad.gif

I was driving along a road in a Jeep and saw someone walking along it, went full speed into him, my passangers and myself flew through the window , we all died, but he didnt.. hmm smile.gif

mine would have to be when we were playing ctf and my buddie was on east side and was hiding in the town the flag was in so i tried to fool him so i was in a uh60 and bailed out high above the town while i'm coasting down nicely the helo i just ejected from smashed right into him hahaha biggrin.gif and i got the flag and returned it u know just one of those 1 in a million things....

We were playing a CTF mission.  And I had a LAW.

I shot the law 60 degrees into the air towards the enemy base.  About 90 seconds later,

"...  killed by FetishFool.NiveK"

Hilarious.

I retired from being an AT soldier to being a MedEvac chopper pilot from then on. tounge.gif

Once me and my buds were trying to jump a hovering UH-60 with a jeep, i got up to full speed (i was hauling) and he wasnt the best pilot so he couldnt keep a good hover and when caugh air I railed his chopper which threw it back and destroyed it an my jeep was destroyed and thrown around. We have also landed 540's in jeeps!

Just last weekend I was playing on a lan with 2 firends. We were playing a heli race mission usiing OH-58's that we made up.

It has respawn, and I wanted some action, so I shot both of them, and ran. When they respawned hey jumped into the heli's (fully armed BTW) and started hunting me down. All I had was my rifle. I was hiding under a fat tree, and they were buzzing all around looking for me. I kept taking pop shots at them when they got in my sight.

One of them thought they saw me near the fence line, and was flying real low over it. I was pretty close to where he thought he saw me, he was going real slow, and low. I got a good shot at the cockpit and poped him in the head. He died, and the heli landed without a scratch. I ran over, and jumped in it. The guy in the other heli didn't know yet. I snuck up on him and blasted him out of the sky with rockets, then went back to the airport and blew up the rest of the choppers before they respawned.

sad.gif This game seems like it would be awesome in multi player but I don't know how to use gamespy if it even works for flashpoint.......oh well...a world I will never know......

I'd have to say the time I was flying the cessna and bailed out for the heck of it, while the cessna crashed straight into one of my team mates. pretty funny.

I was playing with a bunch of friends, I was making my way to the enemy NATO Base when I saw them starting to take off in a chinook.. I was an Eastern soilder and I went to the hole underneath the chinook, I stoop up in it and nailed 3 of em' while they were still sitting their...

The coolest death I've had was me driving a humvee to my friends tank who was about to get taken out by a Helicopter, The chopper fired a rocket but my Humvee goes flying off a hill right over the tank and intercepts the rocket (very lucky) well anyway, the chopper pilot was greeted with a Sabot.

Another cool thing that happened recently was in Malden, if you know no ground vehicle can take damage from a fall from any height, well anyone I knew this and I drove off this cliff (the canyon one over looking the water) in my M1A1, I landed and did a flip and landed right on an enemy, I wish I could ave seen his face when he saw a 5 ton tank falling from the sky!

It was a desert dm map and i got shot out of the sky and after landing a tank t-72 with one in it tried to run me over for like 5 mins but i kept dodging it. So he switched to gunner position and i hid under the tank. I fired a few shots at the tank and i think he didnt know where i was so he switched back to driver drove away and tried to shoot me again but i got under it again, and fired some more shots for fun. Finally he came out of the tank to get me but i got him first and took his tank.

5 ton? More like 65! smile.gif

My most satisfying MP kill came one day in a CTF mission, where I was taking on two friends with less commanding experience by myself. One of them had taken a long walk around me and my AI teammates which were positioned in a defensive position.

He took the flag, and then stole a UAZ to get back to his base. Of course I was aware that the flag had been taken. I had recently killed one of their LAW soldiers near the road he would be taking to return the flag, but didn't have a chance yet to pick the body over, so I rushed did that. I found that the LAW soldier had a single missile left, so I figured I would have one shot at stopping the UAZ.

I got into position in a bush next to the road with the LAW shouldered, and seconds later I saw the UAZ speed around the corner of a hill. I took careful aim, fired, and... missed.

The missile slammed into the ground behind the UAZ, and my buddy sped past me, just a few meters from the bush I was in. I switched back to my AK, which seems to take forever when you really need it, turned, and emptied an entire magazine at the receeding vehicle with aimed semi-auto fire. Nothing.

I switched to another magazine, which also seems to take forever in a situation like this, and continued firing at him, even though he was now hundreds of meters away and almost inside his base.

Then I noticed that the UAZ seemed to be slowing down. Could it be that I damaged it, and that it was coasting to a stop? Then I saw the message -- my buddy was dead! Apparently, one or more of my rounds had found their mark. Lucky for me, and very frustrating for him if his remarks on the Global voice channel could be believed.

Another cool kill involved me taking out the flag carrier with a M203 grenade from about two hundred meters away. The flag carrier was in a M113, and jumped from the vehicle just a few meters from their own flag. I was on a hill overlooking their base, and had just one chance of taking him out before he could return the flag. I took a wild guess on how much elevation (in this case actually depression) I would need, and fired just as the M113 came to a stop. At the same moment that the flag carrier's feet hit the ground, my grenade landed. More swearing on the Global voice channel!

Just yesterday.

I played a very cool CTF on a Italian server. 12on12, and allmost no lag.

What cool was, that when we started i took an UAZ (was east), and drove to a town. I had accidently took a wrong turn and ended up a few hundred meters off the action. I decided to disembark and move through a forest to the action. But then i heard an engine....

And i saw a jeep with 4 persons. They were trying to flank my guys, but if i was to decide, they wouldnt succeed.

So when they stopped about 50 meters infront of me (They didnt see me). I opened fire on ful-auto, and killed all 4 of them in a matter of seconds. Now THAT was fun.

Another kill that i think was cool, was in the "Deathmatch race" map. I had succeeded to get the hund before every1 else. And i had killed everyone except one. Which i knew where he was. Sadly, after a while on that map. Things become very foggy. I just couldnt see him, even though i knew he was in that city (tyrone). I also knew that he had taken an AA, so i decided to eject, and hunt him down by foot.

I ejected, and flew in the parachute. I saw my chopper fall down through the fog and heard the explotions and got: xxx Was killed.

LOOOL

My chopper landed on this poor fellar. Needless to say he was like: "What?!".

My funniest death, was me the only one left on a ctf map on my team. It was an 8on8, and they had 4 peops left.

I spotted a guy (I was in a cessna), and he was in a t-80.

He also shot at me, but didnt hit me. I decided to take it for a suacide attemp on him. When i approached, i was hit in the heard about 100 meters from him, and died which was prettry funny itself, but then i got to the deathscreen, and could follow my cessna a few seconds.....and it landed on an enemy soldier!!

Now that was funny:)

placebo, have you ever considered moving stuff for a living?

ah shoot, not funny, dangit, well rest assured next time im going to say something funny biggrin.gif

LMAO that's a damn good idea, from now on I'll charge anyone who posts in the wrong place $1 when I have to move it wink.gif

I was playing a CTF on Kolgujev (8v8 - it was laggy). I started as a WEST soldier in my base with an M16 and I decided to take a mortar from an ammocrate nearby. I'd played the map before and roughly knew where the enemy base was. So I loaded the mortar and elavated my rifle in the air and took a totally blind pot shot. Next thing I know, I hear a big 'boom!' and I'd managed to take out 4 people out!

Another funny kill was when I was driving an M1A1 alone. I'd just been ambushed by a T-80 and took a few hits, becuase I coudlent see where it was. He hits me again and my main gun gets disabled, so I jump back into the drivers seat and tried to drive away and hide. As I'm driving away I saw him nestled in between 2 bushes and saw that he had me in his sights. So i swerved around and rammed him and I pushed him down onto a beach. I kept pushing him untill he went into the water and he blew up, killing the 2 people that were inside. So I quickly ejected.

Then I got bombarded with insults smile.gif

My coolest MP kill (or the best one I can remember right now) was a couple weeks ago on Everon, in a 5on5 CTF.  I was the Soviets.   Most of my teammates were n00bs except for one other guy.

I managed to get a T-80 (had to man it by myself) and park it partially hidden in a tree that had fallen across the road that leads south out of the airport.  I managed to position my tank so that only my turret was showing over the tree, and I was lined up straight down the road towards the NATO base.  I had to wait for a bit, but eventually an M1A1 comes roaring down the road at full speed.  There was a driver and a gunner.  Well, he's not even paying attention to me and I slam a sabot right into his turret.  The driver start driving in circles, the turret circling around all over the place, trying to find me, when I'm sitting right in front of them.  

They finally figured out where I was after I had taken two shots at them and they fired back at me.   They were circling while firing, and I could only sit perfectly still while manning the turret (no driver).  I hammered the turret a couple more times, and saw it go limp and stop moving.  I guess the driver figured out his gunner was dead, because he wheeled around and started hauling his smoking, broken ass back down the road where he came from.  

I was about to take the final shot to send him to Hell when I saw a Hind swoop in off the right side of my screen and obliterate the tank in a hail of missles and gunfire.  My teammate did my cleanup work for me.  It was the most perfect ambush I've ever accomplished in MP.  

A funnier one was in CTF - Hold City.  I was the East and had a BMP, and decided to just charge the West base.  I blazed through the city so fast that the jeep coming towards the city from the West's side didn't have to move out of the way.  Instead, as I'm charging him full-bore on open road, he comes to a dead stop and starts backing up as fast as he can.  Of course, it wasn't fast enough - I outpaced him by an order of magnitude and smashed right through him and his jeep, sending them both hurtling off the side of the road.

Experiences like these are the reason why OFP rules -- the things you can do in MP games with your buddies goes way beyond anything else in the history of online gaming. biggrin.gif

Enhancement request: It would be really nice if we could record entire gaming sessions so we can replay them later from different perspectives, and share them.

Kill - Flare in their face.

Death - Running over 4 mines placed in the same spot in a T-72 at full speed, the wreakage cleared the town I was heading into.

When I played Desert Island bunkermap(?-the one with all the fences) for the 2nd time, I was playing 1v1 with another guy as the West, me East.

Well, forgot to enable AIs so, I had to shoot all by myself. And yes, my friend managed to flank me left. I saw him coming, and responded by running to left side of bunker, when he and I met each other, and were about 15meters away...

both of us were bad....we exchanged about 20 fires from each side until i got injured, and he was subsequently killed after by my slightly-better precision....

another episode involves DeathMatch in La Trinite. I was hiding in some house(it was my first time) attic and I saw a tractor coming towards the house, well, burst shots of 5 took him out..he tried to turn right and leave, but i was quicker... then, out of a corner came another player, and i was again lucky enough to shoot him down....finally, after getting detected twice, i decided to change building, and as I came down the steps, my friend who respawned walked up....it was so quick that he didn't notice, but I did...I saw him carefully checking floors, and I decided to run away..well...another player was waiting for me outside, so I ran back in, at which time, my friend found me...we were face-to-face, and it was matter of who pulls trigger first....this time, i lost...

Counter-Strike had a lot of fun moments, too.

OPF is way too laggy to have a hella good time, though.

The best ping that I get is 120 on average. But it goes as high as 200 most of the time.

And the cockpit bug is really annoying. I find myself Getting Out then Getting In helicopters all the time because I always like to hold down UP(G) when I'm going in.

Well lag will ruin any game, but OFP sure demand its share of horsepower. Once you overcome it (and the 300 reinstalls), it's great fun.

-Rekrul