Sign in to follow this  
NKVD

Enemy In Sight - the next OFP "clone" ?

I find the resemblence with OPF rather scary crazy_o.gif , i mean it looks good but i have doubts it will be a polished game. I think Illusion and atari are just publishers? Not the developers of the game? It would be best news in the world to know this is OPF2 and the developer is BIS, has it stands it feels like they are copying other peoples work and concept, i am not so happy has most of you are about this...

I think Illusion is a developer, they made H&D and Mafia which was published by Take2 if I`m not mistaken.

I think Illusion and atari are just publishers? Not the developers...

Well, you're wrong on that one.

Atari are indeed the publishers, but Illusion Softworks are a developer (if you've read the thread, they're the developer behind such titles as the Hidden & Dangerous series, Vietcong and Mafia...).

So, IS are the developers of Enemy in Sight.

Competition is always healthy, and although this game is resembling OFP in some ways, I for one will follow this game closely. So far it sounds and looks promising (but I will have to see more than 2 screenshots before I fall head over heels).

I find the resemblence with OPF rather scary crazy_o.gif , i mean it looks good but i have doubts it will be a polished game.

OFP was far from polished when it was released.. I can assure you that EiS will be polished. Just look at Mafia, the quality of the work was amazing not to mention the great story and soundtrack.

Heh atleast they got the reverse flag patch right. tounge_o.gif

/cough "Battlefield 2"

I think Illusion and atari are just publishers? Not the developers...

Well, you're wrong on that one.

Atari are indeed the publishers, but Illusion Softworks are a developer (if you've read the thread, they're the developer behind such titles as the Hidden & Dangerous series, Vietcong and Mafia...).

Well, the developer of Vietcong was actualy Pterodon and while Mafia was a very good and polished game the same cant be said about H&D2, the game was barely average and very buggy, the missions, graphics, levels and a.i. were not good enough and there was an overall unfinished feel to the whole thing.

Quote[/b] ]OFP was far from polished when it was released.. I can assure you that EiS will be polished. Just look at Mafia, the quality of the work was amazing not to mention the great story and soundtrack.

Mafia was blessed or something, just look at all their other games biggrin_o.gif , i only trust what i see and mostly what i play these days. Atari is also on my black list considering the overall crappyness of the last game i purchased with their stamp wink_o.gif .

Looks interesting. But good god why does it have to be USA vs Russia... AGAIN! No wonder they hate our guts so much. I would rather see a game that was NATO and Russia VS China.

I don't mind NATO vs Soviet Union Cold war era games. That almost happened and it's an interesting "what if?" Scenario. I'm just tired of the old " Russian ultra nationalist revive the Soviet Union and attack Georgia and then every one else. As Special Operative John Rambo Schwarchenager your mission it to single handedly win the war against them."

Argh!

while Mafia was a very good and polished game the same cant be said about H&D2, the game was barely average and very buggy, the missions, graphics, levels and a.i. were not good enough and there was an overall unfinished feel to the whole thing.

Fortunately you're one of the few with that opinion. H&D 2 with Sabre Sqaudron is one of the best WWII games so far (singleplayer wise).

But you're entitled to your opinion... but my opinion is that H&D 2 is a great game, so i totally disagree with you.

BTW: since you obviously have played both Mafia and H&D 2... how come you still thought that IS were a publisher? tounge_o.gif

I hope we get to play as the russian/Soviets. Or at least you can play on any side like flashpoint. wink_o.gif I'm gonna be watching this game closey like many others.

[Consericy]Maybe this is OFP2. Just IS and BIS are working together and making the ultralest game in the world[/Consericy]

Hmmm yeah... it is a theory  wink_o.gif

How far is it from Prague to Brno?

As far as I know, BIS have its headquarters somewhere in Prague, while IS is based in Brno.

It would be quite da bomb if this were to be the case  wow_o.gif

But what would Codemasters say... if suddenly Atari is publishing it instead of them...

Well theories aside; it's safe to say this is two separate games, and maybe it's about time OFP got some serious competition?

EDIT: I see IS have a registered adress in Prague as well:

Illusion Softworks, a.s.

Opatovická 4

110 00 Praha 1

Czech Republic

While their headquarter is in Brno:

Illusion Softworks, a.s.

Hlinky 118c

603 00 Brno

Czech Republic

But what would Codemasters say... if suddenly Atari is publishing it instead of them...

Well, I remember someone saying Atari was publishing OFP1 aswell in places Codemasters couldn't reach wow_o.gif

Well, I remember someone saying Atari was publishing OFP1 aswell in places Codemasters couldn't reach wow_o.gif

Hmmm, so the plot thickens wink_o.gif

BIS got a contract with Codemasters, right? They can't just go and say we will brake the contract, right?

Well, maybe I am wrong blues.gifghostface.gif

hey hey I wasnt say its a theory I was being an Idiot, As lots now it hard to know when someone having fun and plus since I cant spell good its hard for me to write hard word like conspricy

Hehe, I was aware of that wink_o.gif

But I just love conspiracy plots (watched too much X Files perhaps... tounge_o.gif ).

As long as I put it like this:

Quote[/b] ]Hmmm yeah... it is a theory wink_o.gif

I hope most people understand what the wink_o.gif means

And, of course we can have fun with stuff like this biggrin_o.giftounge_o.gifwink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I think you should start selecting flowers and music by the end of the year. Make sure to mention me as the sole beneficiary in your testament.

Eh?

Well, you said it yourself: "If OFP2's graphics engine looks as polished as this one, then I'll fall over dead."

Fortunately you're one of the few with that opinion. H&D 2 with Sabre Sqaudron is one of the best WWII games so far (singleplayer wise).

But you're entitled to your opinion... but my opinion is that H&D 2 is a great game, so i totally disagree with you.

BTW: since you obviously have played both Mafia and H&D 2... how come you still thought that IS were a publisher?  tounge_o.gif

To answer you question i believed IS was also a publisher because their logo is on the back of my Vietcong case, though i know the game was developed by pterodon i though it was published by both Gathering and Ilusion rock.gif .

About H&D2...

Well i can backup my opinion with some facts:

-The a.i. was not good, there were stealth bars and in some levels they used spawnig bots all over the place, their acuracy was not believable and shooting one with a silent weapon would still trigger an alarm.

- The graphics were nothing to brag about, the ls3d engine put to such great use in Mafia was poorly used here, the game looked 5 years old.

- Level design was terrible most of the time, the missions didnt have many options other than shooting spawning a.i. Nazis, i remember lots of levels that were quite terribly thought and put together, there were also badly aligned level parts in some levels, in that italian airport mission the animations of soldiers from the distance werent fully rendered, i remember many graphical and level anomalies with the game and cheap levels like for example the very last one.

-MP was arcadish, laggy and buggy.

If i still had the game and would bother to play it again i could fill pages of bugs and issues other than poor level design and gameplay you see, the game was a big disapointment to me and if this one turns out to be of the same quality i wont even go near it smile_o.gif .

How far is it from Prague to Brno?

+/- 200 Km

2 hours drive that is if czech roads are good enough wink_o.gif

No way do i want this game to be related to OFP2 its simply way behind OFP2's level , its very much like present day OFP with all the new addons and bells and whistles of modern day graphics plus stuff like dxdll and llaumax.

*Goes off planting IED's on the road to Prague and Brno*

ghostface.gif

... some healthy competition is good for everyone wink_o.gif

No way do i want this game to be related to OFP2 its simply way behind OFP2's level , its very much like present day OFP with all the new addons and bells and whistles of modern day graphics plus stuff like dxdll and llaumax.

*Goes off planting IED's on the road to Prague and Brno*

ghostface.gif

Dont be such a violent fanboy acecombat, the graphics are obviously better and if physics and colision detection are better too the game may turn out better than VB... erm OPF, we will have to wait and see, how polished and acurate/realistic it is, and how smooth it plays is yet to be known, if playable vehicals are left out of MP it may turn out nice, big and tactical smile_o.gif . There is always room for a little competition...

... some healthy competition is good for everyone  wink_o.gif

*cough* this isnt competition its way behind it *cough*

Its called catching up to the competition ....

tounge_o.gif

We've seen two screenshots. And we haven't seen any Operation Flashpoint 2 screenshots. Where are you people getting your information?

Quote[/b] ]We've seen two screenshots. And we haven't seen any Operation Flashpoint 2 screenshots. Where are you people getting your information?

Or have we?.. no your right we haven't

This game does look some what interesting maybe I will buy it... then again maybe I won't