Sign in to follow this  
WargamingNor

Looking for US ambulance

Might as well ask here...

Has there ever been made a US ambulance as an addon for OFP? Something like this:

ambulance.JPG

I can't remember seeing one, but who knows... maybe I have overlooked it wink_o.gif

There is a US firetruck and US policecars, but to my knowledge no ambulance?

If there are none... well at least it is an idea for addonmakers out there? smile_o.gif

I agree, haven't seen any of these yet. I've seen the JMG police and fire vehicles, as well as others. But not a civilian ambulance. Modelling one wouldn't be too difficult based on the overall shape. And I can get the modellers and texture artists unlimited photos due to being a volunteer firefighter/emt.

Only thing I am curious about, the lights. Would it be easy or difficult to add the variety of warning lights? I have an idea about it, but will wait until later to explain. Biggest concern is lights and siren that work in MP.

If anyone is interested in taking up this vehicle as a new project, please let us know. As I said, I can get custom photos and data sheets from a modern hi-cube ambulance. And if someone does plan to make this vehicle, please try to release it as an individual addon, not part of a mod. Thanks in advance.

I don't remember one made.

There are some military ambulances though;

-Combat HMMWV includes a HMMWV ambulance:

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=7223

-Fishkopp HMMWV pack includes HMMWV ambulances also:

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=6931

-Combat M113 pack includes M113 ambulances:

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=7222

Those are the best military ambluances out there. A civilian ambulance has not been released AFAIK.

At least not the one you show. An example of ambulances that might be usefull is the microbus addon (although they represent older ambulances):

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=5023

Yes, I'm aware of all those other civilan and military ambulances. But as I suspected there is no US ambulances made sad_o.gif

So, how about it; anyone up for the challenge of making one? smile_o.gif

there is a VERY old ambulance floating arround the download page on OFP.info I think....

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=2809

not really what you wanted but its an ambulance...

biggrin_o.gif

EDIT

BTW to bad BAS didnt make a medivac version of their blackhawk!

Funny the old days of ofp when an addon was a retextured uaz made in mspaint.

If someone does decide to make one... I can surely get you pictures of anything you guys need, as my father is currently a paramedic.... just let me know if you do. smile_o.gif

I got one on the slab not textured yet. should show up later, one as I am learning the texture magic now. Its an older us civi for racing objects mod .

yeah i would also like to see a civilian us ambulance, best thing would be if you had the police cars the firetruck and the ambulance packed togheter in one pbo smile_o.gif

The ambulance shown in the aspect drawings from SWIFT88's post are actually of a newer model, not an old one. There are several different models of ambulances being used not just in the USA but all over the world. The design shown in those diagrams is for the larger series, not seen as often as the standard hi-cube model.

This model is usually not seen much anymore, although some smaller towns or private ambulance companies do still use them. They look ugly in my opinion, and offer much less internal room.

The model shown in the blueprint is similar to this model, or this model. These are some of the largest style of ambulances, used in larger towns. They are especially useful for transporting "larger" patients.

And the most commonly used model nowadays is this style, which is also known as the "Hi-Cube". This is the ambulance type you will probably see in use by the majority of cities.

Another example page from a different company shows a few other styles, but you can see that for the most part they are similar. But to keep it simple, I would recommend to someone trying to make a new addon to stick with just one or two of the models. First choice would be the Hi-Cube style, since it's in most use. Gathering photos and information on this style would be very easy as well, as a few of us have already offered those materials as well as anything else needed such as sounds.

In regards to the police cruiser and firetruck addons, JMG Addons already has one of each, which you can check out in their "SCREENS" section. Maybe in need of some improvement, but not bad for a non-mod release. Also as noted on their FAQ page:

Quote[/b] ]Q: Are you going to release an Ambulance?

A: Probably but it's not my primary goal at the moment

So if someone is interested in helping make a new ambulance, you can also try and contact the JMG group to see if you can team up together with it. An "Emergency Services" pack would be a nice idea, including civilian personnel. They have a nice looking police officer, and again photos of EMT/Paramedics and Firefighters are very easy to get from either my department or one of the other volunteers here.

Hope this little bit of information helps out.

"I did models that better fit the CWC timeline with the age and types, Vilas mods has pleanty of euor vehicles than most can use but needed US style amulance, I was helping on other projects and sidelinded due to it being a civi unit.

grunt, you forgot another very popular ambulance, a Chevy or Ford pickup chassic with a Type I apparatus.  These are used alot because over time, it saves money since they can switch the apparatus to newer chassics

Ford F-450 w/ Type I ambulance apparatus

There is a police car/Ambulance/Firetruck pack, better than jmg with mp lights and siren, but it's not textured yet.

If anybody is interested in helping texture a Fire truck, tow truck, amulance, "swat" truck, pickup truck, police cars, taxi and limousine, pm me.  It doesn't have to be top quality textures. wink_o.gif

@Delta Hawk

Yes, I didn't show that model. There are so many out there, I was just giving a few examples of the different styles, not as much the manufacturer and models. My department used almost the same model as the version you posted, but we recently upgraded to a better unit due to increased annual funding. We also upgraded our engines and tenders, got new SCBA's, and even a hand-held thermal viewer. Our CAFS unit was given an upgrade, but it belongs to another dept.

I am able to arrange a photo trip to get any pics needed for textures, so if someone needs them just PM or message me and I'll set it up. Below is a list of some example items I can get photos of.

*Modern Hi-Cube ambulance

*Modern Firetrucks - Pumper, Tender, Ladder, CAFS, etc.

*Firefighter clothing - Turnout gear and station wear

*Firefighter/EMT equipment - Stretchers, aid kits, tools, etc.

*Police Vehicles - SWAT Van, Cruisers, SUV's, boats, etc.

*Police clothing and equipment - Similar to above for FF/EMT

*Tow trucks, as well as general equipment

I have a high-quality digital camera with large storage card, so I can get more than enough photos of what ever parts of vehicles or equipment as needed. I have had a busy schedule lately, so it will take a few days to arrange a time. I'll go ahead and set up a time to get the FF/EMT stuff in one day, and the police stuff on another day. So if someone wishes to model or texture these items and wants a custom photo for that purpose, contact me ASAP so I can get your photo when I go. I'm sure that with those photos, even the beginner texture artists should have easier jobs.

If you're looking for something that was around in 1985... what about the M1010? Could double as both civillian and military as it was based on the civvie dodge chassis......

M1010.jpg

I know two people who own them...

That is the GMC chassis, the M880 verssion was ona Dodge power wagon chassis and replaced by that..

wow grunt, sounds like u got info that will be useful  smile_o.gif   To be specific the ambulance is a F-450 chassic with a Type I Horton apparatus.  Since i have no real reliable information, i custom made the inside.  I also have a ambulance cot, but i'm not too sure about hold it folds

The "swat" truck is a F-450 with a simular apparatus simular to the ambulance, but customized for "swat"...i think "swat" is a sterotypical cliche

I have a pump engine and an areil ladder engine, both are based on Martin Peirce chassics. Martin Peirce .  The inside of the cab i kind of made up too.

The cop cars are 2003 Ford Crown Victoria P71s, a fully equiped patrol car, a Slick Top and a Stealth.

Tow truck, cargo van, utility truck are based on F-450 chassics and the limo and taxi are based on the Ford Crown Victoria.

pm if ur interested in textureing these model, newbies are more than welcome   smile_o.gif