Sign in to follow this  
Matthijs

Soldier model... looking suspiciously much like...

I have a question a bit off topic I'm affraid.

When I did a new model (head included) then, do I have to map it with my face tex or ...?

Yes, you have to map the face texture. Then the other face textures will be mapped using the same uv coordinates.

Mattijs could you send me your current work? I won't be able to contribute much, but I've always wanted to mod something and I've also always wanted to create my perfect soldier, and perfect army organization.

well to my liking or not, It would be nice if you sent me the tweaked model smile_o.gif

The VBS models are indeed based on the ofp civil models (old news btw ;) ) and the main differances are the headmodel and handmodel.

I've been a bit surprised more mods haven't used the civil models as starting points but the blocky ofp soldiers. (The guys look like they are anacondas that have eaten a microwave, especially when they are in kneeing position.)

This project is indeed very good news. There are many mods that could benefit from this. smile_o.gif

Arms deform oddly, and a few other issues in the civi model I rather use the HYK or laser untis to mod on

Both HYK and Lasers models (the ones released so far) have "deformed" arms.

"The guys look like they are anacondas that have eaten a microwave,..."

biggrin_o.gif

Nice. But could you make new textures for the new head model?

Agreed, but I think they will. wink_o.gif

I'm considering exactly that, but the problem is, that it will require either extra scripting, or a complete make-over of all faces in OFP.

Its not hard to notice that the civilians introduced with resistance look much better than the other models, the hands atach to the wrists better and overall the models are much smoother and perfect, also their boots look great and their backs, arms and legs arent so squary.

With better hands and heads (like Our weapons MI26 pilots) these would really come close to VBS standard units. I had already noticed similarities betwean the res new civies and vbs1.

Great job there Matthijs smile_o.gif ,

Jeez, I never really paid attention to how "inhuman" the default heads were. Your heads are a definite improvement, Matthijs. Great work!

yes, but still it looks kinda apeish, looking at the first set (forehead).

I have always thinked that CWC soldiers are from Mars..... wink_o.gif

Just a joke.

Great improvement with the headmodel, looks A LOT better now. If you do not have the time to get new textures then no worries.

Any progress on this one?

Sander is working on it. Relax, you will get your copy. smile_o.gif

hey! awesome head modell u got there.. another new phase of ofp biggrin_o.gif

Pun pr no pun... That is the question ^

May one ask for a tiny sitrep somewhere in the relatively near future?

Yes, go ahead and ask. Please allow some time for us to miniaturise the sitrep to tiny proportions though. biggrin_o.gif

Regards,

Sander

I'm considering exactly that, but the problem is, that it will require either extra scripting, or a complete make-over of all faces in OFP.

some time ago there was this face pack, they showed faces on german soldiers from WW II... ?

I dont know if anybody knows what Im talking about but I have totally forgotten the names. But anyway they have VERY nice looking faces allready made for like a conversion pack or something!?