Sign in to follow this  
Munk

Updated Afganistan Rebels

OK i need some information about the updated rebels!

Are they compatible with the previus version?

could someone tell me?

Yes, all (any?) missions that used the original should work with the updated version. Any grenadiers may have an SKS though tounge_o.gif

The civie models will probably take a while to sort out, I've got a 12 day stint at work coming up and more important things to do. The question is should I release a new version with the small updates or make you all wait? tounge_o.gif

The question is should I release a new version with the small updates or make you all wait? tounge_o.gif

The current pack is great, runs smooth and is very bug free, small rushed update could turn out bad, just take your time m8, you know we can wait and play with these now. When you feel you want to do more and find the spare time go for it, thats how it should always be smile_o.gif .

These ME sure work great on Tonal, Afghanistan, etc... im happy biggrin_o.gif .

Why not use Liquid_Snake's Middle east faces? rock.gif

Great job on the update!

some units without the scarf would be good too some beared units with arab faces wink_o.gif

Hi, after installing your updated rebel pack the missions which used JJR's rebels stopped working, i tried loading them up in the mission editor but it pops up with the error "Missing addons: jjr_rebel etc".

I reinstalled the orginal rebels and it works fine, so i deleted them and all reference to them from my mission. Then i reinstalled your pack but it still gave me that error.

So far the only work-around i've been able to manage is copy-pasting all the objects from my mission onto an empty map and re-making the rest of the mission.

Any ideas?

Awesome pack! I love it! biggrin_o.gif

Would it be possible to make the model for these soldiers work similarly to the Generic OPFOR pack? Using hidden selections and setobjecttexture to randomly clothe them? That's the only thing I can think of that would make this pack any better!

Again, awesome work, Munk, WheresMyRabbit, and of course JJR!

i think this addon shouldn't be made like generic opfor since generic opfor still has addon dependency issues and large memory intake which equals to large lag when lots of the units are used.

this addon is great becuase we have middle eastern fighters and no lag which could be used in large battles, if generic opfor was used memory will be taken up big time resulting in big lag

i reckon just add more classes.

Hi, after installing your updated rebel pack the missions which used JJR's rebels stopped working, i tried loading them up in the mission editor but it pops up with the error "Missing addons: jjr_rebel etc".

I reinstalled the orginal rebels and it works fine, so i deleted them and all reference to them from my mission. Then i reinstalled your pack but it still gave me that error.

So far the only work-around i've been able to manage is copy-pasting all the objects from my mission onto an empty map and re-making the rest of the mission.

Any ideas?

Aye, I've changed the CfgPatches part of the config (for the better). If you send me your mission.sqm I'll have a look (cant remember how to fix it unless im looking at it) wink_o.gif

I agree with Ruff about making it more like the Generic OPFOR Pack Im afraid. It would also take me and WheresMyRabbit? about 5 years to understand aswell tounge_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Why not use Liquid_Snake's Middle east faces?

a) I couldnt find it

b) LoBo (being even more helpful than I could have wished for) gave me an offer I couldnt refuse

If you unPBO the file, take the faces u want to use, rename them face01.paa - face12.paa, replace the ones in the faces folder and .pbo it all back together you'll have the faces you want on them.

Thanks, might aswell use both biggrin_o.gif

A note about the compatibilty with the older addons. I was working on a convoy mission a while back that i revisted last night after seeing this and the updated afghan island come out.

I was getting a missing addons message as well so i opened up a fresh mission placed a rebel and took a look in the mission.sqm what i found was that it no longer listed each individual addon as it did before

Example:

JJR_Rebel_Officer

JJR_Rebel_Machine Gunner

and so on.

What happens now with the updated ones is that they are simply listed as "JJR_Rebels" So, to use these in missions that already have the old ones your going to have to remove all the declarations from the mission.sqm (JJR_Rebel_Officer JJR_Rebel_Machine Gunner and so on) and replace them with JJR_Rebels.

You can also get rid of "Groups" from the addons list as well or you will get a missing addon message for that as well.

Yes please fix the "groups" error so I can put this addon back up on the server.

"This is one if not the *TOP* requested to play with addon and I had to take it down. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE fix this soon."

Thank you!!!

- Ack  wink_o.gif

Um... it is...

Yes please fix the "groups" error so I can put this addon back up on the server.

"This is one if not the *TOP* requested to play with addon and I had to take it down. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE fix this soon."

Thank you!!!

- Ack  wink_o.gif

You have to remove it yourself from the mission.sqm of any mission that used the original version of the addon.