Sign in to follow this  
DPS -CCCP-

WinPBO tool relased

[HA]Voyager has finished work on his WinPBO utilite.

WinPBO is useful tool for work with *.pbo files (pack, unpack, view, patch). Interface is user-friendly and looks like popular archive programs. There is integrated final version of PBOPatcher - useful tool for addonmakers. Also there is included small packing/unpacking console tool.

Winpbo1.jpg

Winpbo2.jpg

Features of WinPBO:

- User-friendly interface

- Fast speed of work (up to 10 times faster than similar programs!)

- Better support of PBO files (than similar programs)

- English and Russian languages supported

- Hotkeys supported

- Shell integration. You can associate all PBO files with WinPBO program

- Possibility to view files inside of PBO archive

- Possibility to delete any file in PBO archive

- Drag&Drop support

- Support both of compressed and uncompressed formats. Resistance PBO format also supported.

- Integrated final version of PBOPatcher

Download here (500kb)

Contacts:

[HA] Voyager:  E-Mail: voyager04@mail.ru  ICQ: 201992729

OWP project: E-Mail: dps@istel.ru  Forum: http://ofp.ussr-online.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=23  Site: http://ofp.ussr-online.net/nasheorujie

Great, this should make my .pbo patching efforts a lot easier.

Not to mention modifying addon configs for better functionality.

Now I wonder if it can turn the coffee pot off when I leave and forget to turn it off..   tounge_o.gif

yay, finally a tool where you can just double click the pbo file to uncompress it biggrin_o.gif

I was waiting for such tool allowing manipulation of .pbo files, allowing extraction of single files from an archive like those winzip/winrar for so much time

Thank you a very lot for this great tool

icon14.gif

Here Here

I too have awaited something like this. Cause I fricken HATE having to pack and unpack, pack and unpack, pack and unpack crazy_o.gif

Thanks a bunch smile_o.gifxmas_o.gif

For unpbo it should be perfect, but i binned some files and tried to use the pbo packer, got error message it could "acesses" the p3d file?

Same here. Whenever I try to create or modify a PBO in any way, I get an "access denied" or "file access denied" error and WinPBO either hangs (error has occured, WinPBO needs to close etc.) or gets in some state where any click on the window produces a bell sound and does nothing.

I'm running WindowsXP Pro latest Service Pack and hotfixes and Trend Micro virusscanner. Shutting down the virus scanner and all services that belong to it does not seem to help. I checked the filesystem rights and I am working in the administrator account.

Edit:

My other machine runs with no problems. It's basically the same setup, only running on a faster system (2.4GHz instead of 600MHz) and more RAM (768MB instead of 384MB). It also has Norton Antivirus 2004 up and running.

Interesting, interesting...

I suggest it`s the SP2 form WinXP that`s causing this trouble.

Matthijs

OFP must be turned off, when modifyng (patching) a file.

I have a problem.

I tried to unpack and pack the Data3d.pbo file to add the new replacement pack (link), but in unpacking it stoped on Abrams and there appeard an error.

When I was packing a new error appeard - ": is not valid"

since there been many posts that sound like "whining" i just wanted to add one that this tool rocks.

It really speed up things. But the same i will use many programs.

@ Mar. 03 2005,11:26)]Matthijs

OFP must be turned off, when modifyng (patching) a file.

The machine that's giving me problems doesn't even have OFP installed... Let alone having it running.

biggrin_o.gif

Both machines have SP2 installed. (one works fine)

Quote[/b] ]Same here. Whenever I try to create or modify a PBO in any way, I get an "access denied" or "file access denied" error and WinPBO either hangs (error has occured, WinPBO needs to close etc.) or gets in some state where any click on the window produces a bell sound and does nothing.

I'm running WindowsXP Pro latest Service Pack and hotfixes and Trend Micro virusscanner. Shutting down the virus scanner and all services that belong to it does not seem to help. I checked the filesystem rights and I am working in the administrator account.

Dito, same here...

Is it a language prob?

Same here. Whenever I try to create or modify a PBO in any way, I get an "access denied" or "file access denied" error and WinPBO either hangs (error has occured, WinPBO needs to close etc.) or gets in some state where any click on the window produces a bell sound and does nothing.

Have you got "Read-only" active on some files? If you do this tool doesn't work correctly.

Call me crazy. I downloaded the proggi again. Copy´d it into my OFP dir and now its working, after a first crash like in the post before...

wow_o.gif

works excellently except for the packing of pbo's

i keep getting error reports and 'this program needs to close' as well as the ': is not a valid integer'

i've redownloaded it, re installed it, put it in its own root directory etc, nothing works

this is a great tool. I am using every single day. It does have one nasty 'undocumented feature', if you delete something from the list of entries, if you're unfortunate enough to have the unpacked pbo folder in the same path, winpbo deletes that entire folder! (separate to it just deleting one of it's own entries)

A nasty bug, but this is a fabulous tool.

Okay, I absolutely LOVE this tool. By far the best PBO tool I've seen. I LOVE being able to browse the .pbo and open only what files I want. And I love being able to leave everything uncompressed as well. AND I love how fast it is.

BUT

I keep getting an error when I try to pack one of my addons. It starts working, then it tells me "cannot open file (a folder within my addon): access is denied".

When I look at the properties of the folder in windows, it says that it is "read only". However, it refuses to change when I click the little box. I have another addon which does not have any trouble being packed by WinPBO, yet it also says that it is "read only" when I look at its properties.

I can pack both addons fine with almalfi's pbo packer, but it is much slower since I can't turn off all the compression.

Is there anything I can do to get this working? Or else, will there be an update to this wonderful program? I love it so much, but its a shame I still have to use other programs for certain things...

Thanks again for the wonderful tool!

Does anyone know how to unpbo Inquisitor's new M1 Abrams addon? I wanted to unpbo it and make pbo it for my VBS1 game. I spent 130 dollars on their U.S. Army pack with abrams and bradley fighting vehicles but the v3.1 or Inquisitor's M1 is much more accurate and better looking. I tried using Pbox and Unpbo but they don't work. If anyone can help, it would be much appreciated.