Sign in to follow this  
Footmunch

Updated Eagle

Lomac I bet my last shorts on it tounge_o.gif

@Footmunch:

How about a F16 double seater rock.gif

Or some Tiger Skins for all your airplanes rock.gif

Would be cool smile_o.gif

he, for tiger skins wait for the csla choppers, the you can do it on your own tounge_o.gif

only an understanding question:

the most recent versions are on your site you said,

but i sometimes find footmunch planes on ofp info that are not listed on your site (and i am not talking about TomiD retextured ones)

he, for tiger skins wait for the csla choppers, the you can do it on your own  tounge_o.gif

only an understanding question:

the most recent versions are on your site you said,

but i sometimes find footmunch planes on ofp info that are not listed on your site (and i am not talking about TomiD retextured ones)

There are a few betas listed at OFP.info, but they are usually

named as such.

Once I get time (and finish off some of the addons currently in

beta) I'll mail the guys at .info, and correct some of those

links.

Ever-  F-16D is not on the list, sorry. It _may_ happen, but

not for a few months.

Great Addon! I'm not sure if these bugs have been mentioned:

1.The wheels kepp turning when the plane is flying.

2. You can walk through the plane.

This kinda makes me want to import some models from Jane's USAF. That games got the most realistic planes ever.

This kinda makes me want to import some models from Jane's USAF. That games got the most realistic planes ever.

Actually Janes F/A-18 has the most realistic planes, though you only get to fly just the Superhornet.  Falcon 4.0 also comes fairly close to Janes F/A-18 in realism.

Not trying to compete against your opinion, just stating a fact.

kgb-cccp @ Feb. 15 2005,02:45)]Mirror...

http://operationflashpoint.filefront.com/file/;37653

Footmunch asked that you don't mirror the file yet, as he's correcting the reported errors.

I'll just update the link smile_o.gif Unless you insist I remove it... I put bata version in brackets, as soon as a new one is available I'll post it up. In the meantime lets enjoy this one.

I think the best Plane in OFP is the mitsubishi F2 made by JASDF, that plane should be the example for every modmaker, that plane has got everything, but footmuch I can tell you, youre getting close biggrin_o.gif just add the openable canopy, and maybe an ejection seat, and make a copy of the afterburner of JASDF maybe? but no matter what you do It looks great right now, but youre planes will be legends, when you add these things. smile_o.gif

Maybe TomiD make a F16D  rock.gif  smile_o.gif

Please smile_o.gif

JASDF should make a D verison of his F2biggrin_o.gif and a western version matbe someone can make a western version of JASDF his F16 like plane, and a D version

kgb-cccp @ Feb. 15 2005,08:10)]
kgb-cccp @ Feb. 15 2005,02:45)]Mirror...

http://operationflashpoint.filefront.com/file/;37653

Footmunch asked that you don't mirror the file yet, as he's correcting the reported errors.

I'll just update the link smile_o.gif Unless you insist I remove it... I put bata version in brackets, as soon as a new one is available I'll post it up. In the meantime lets enjoy this one.

In general, if you do mirror the beta version, can I ask that

you make it clear on in your link-name that it is a beta, as

you have already done.

Fixed version is taking _slightly_ longer than I thought. Ready

sometime this week, for sure.

footmunchs, may i make a request?

could you make crashed versions of your planes from now on?

yes the F2's are available for downloads, even better I think there the best made planes in OFP, they are made by JADSF, there is a post of them somewhere on this forum from witch you can download them. JASDF OWNS biggrin_o.gif

Footmuch...you are definitely one of the best addon makers out there.

I DO wish you would make the flight model on some of your planes a tad more friendly to the AI. (most of the quality "enemy" plane addons out there can turn on a dime) "I.E. SD's Mig 29s, and SFM SU 27"...which sometimes puts all of the friendly pilots flying your planes in their parachutes prematurely biggrin_o.gif

The F15, for instance...In real life, is a very fast, yet very manuverable plane considering its size and speed.

I have seen one at an airshow pull a complete change of direction, at a fairly high speed...without leaving the perimiter of the county air field, (which amazed me...because it is not that big of an area.)

I understand that you want them to perform well with a joystick...and that is definitely a GOOD thing, because human pilots need to be able to control them as well.

Have you given any thought to possibly making the plane in a "player" version, and "AI" version?

Just a thought.

Oh...one other question...Why does it have a tail hook?

I definitely could be wrong...but, I dont think they land on carriers that I am aware of.

Oh...one other question...Why does it have a tail hook?

I definitely could be wrong...but, I dont think they land on carriers that I am aware of.

Some USAF aircraft (especially fighters) have tailhooks in case of emergencies. They aren't used on naval aircraft carriers, rather they are used on a regular old runway, except that there are arresting wires laid across the runway.

Great work, Footmunch! smile_o.gif

I had a question about that too long time ago, apparently in most of the aircraft photos, I missed seeing their emergency tailhook many US aircraft have on them.

This is used only as a last resort if the aircraft brakes fail to slow it in time, a latch drops the hook and it grabs the aircraft after it passes the runway into the taxi-area on the runway.

If you do a Google on "RHAG cables" you'll be able to read all about it - mention is also made of the runway barrier used at military airfields to arrest the progress of errant plank-wing runway-users. Now that would be something worth seeing on a custom-built island - must suggest it to Mapfact... biggrin_o.gif

Shadow - Crashed versions: I do want this to happen at

some point, and once the Falcon, Eagle and Tomcat are done,

I will make a start.

MadMedic - I'll make the Eagle more maneuvarable. It won't

be as 'good' as the SFM Sue, but it will improve. The idea of

separate AI versions has been considered...

One of the reasons the 15C is taking a while is that I'm

working on the 15E as well:

15e.jpg

New front and back cockpits in the works as well.