Sign in to follow this  
Heatseeker

Delta Force reloaded anounced?

Well, ive posted this around already, No(va)logic have anounced a rebuilt of the original DF game with new graphics engine wich sounds like an interesting idea, they anounced coop, new missions, anti cheat stuff and stats blahblah.. no pics or deeper information at the time but the anouncement  there. Could turn out interesting though the price sounds a bit suspicious and the DFgameplay that was ok at the time may seem way arcadish by todays standards, still dont know what will come out of this but i am curious and even interested.

I really liked DF2 at the time and i do believe other flashpointers did to, tell me what do you think/expect of this?

note: Yes i do know that OFP is the best thing in the world and nothing is or will ever come close to it except OFP2, thank you wink_o.gif .

The first two delta force games rocked. I used up alot of money(aol was charging by the minute) playing that online. Glad to here they're bringing it into modern times.

Im going to be honest here and say that I liked the original df graphics as seen in df and df2. Well I don't really like them its more of I like them in comparison to BHD and JO.

If only the JO graphics engine was used elsewhere. What I mean is, the graphics produced are nice, considering the smooth framerates I get with so much action going on at once. The gameplay, however, just isn't all that great IMO.

Yea df2 all the way. The only reason i play df games is for the sniping though. I also liked the stats.(not anymore cause u have to close the game for joint ops and the stats are not as detailed any more)

I posted this elsewhere:

What is the purpose of this revert, other than to find some odd way to

squeeze some last dollars out of a 7 year old title?

And why pick DF1, when DF2 was an improvement over it?

And if it's using a different graphics engine than the original's pixel

one, I assume it will be closer to DFBHD's. In which case, this sounds

like more of a downgraded DFBHD than an upgraded DF1.

They're not named Nologic for nothing!

what happened to novalogic ?

i remember titles like commanche or armored fist being a total revolution in pc games but now they only come up with crap games .. like DF:Task Force Dagger crazy_o.gif

What is the purpose of this revert, other than to find some odd way to

squeeze some last dollars out of a 7 year old title?

Because people liked the old DF games and its freedom, simplicity, custom mapping and open gameplay smile_o.gif .

And why pick DF1, when DF2 was an improvement over it?

Maybe because DF1 started the series or maybe because they havent figured out a way to render grass like DF2 had wink_o.gif , anyway seems they want to reload the DF games with new graphics engine and enhancements, thats not such a terrible thing.

And if it's using a different graphics engine than the original's pixel

one, I assume it will be closer to DFBHD's. In which case, this sounds

like more of a downgraded DFBHD than an upgraded DF1.

Thats arsh, would you prefer to have the old voxel engine back crazy_o.gif , now BHD wasnt very impressive in the graphics mostly because the modified comanche engine wasnt very optimised/improved at the time but the version used in JO can pull some very impressive graphics, models, etc so the graphics will problably be much superior than BHD's were.

I think there current engine and netcode could provide a very interesting and good game, it can handle alot of stuff simultaniously with good stability, performance and detail smile_o.gif .

They're not named Nologic for nothing!

You do have a point there but we never know...

Too bad Nologic never managed to get a decent AI into their games. Coop is pointless here cause the AI is really stupid - no challenge, especially when you are used to OFP.

Btw, the engine is from Novalogic but the game will be made by Sierra.

EDIT:

Novalogic announces a name change for the project announced as Delta Force: Reloaded. This game that reintroduces the original Delta Force with a new engine will now be known as Delta Force One: Next Gen.

DF1 was dynamite back in it's days, but after that I'm afraid the whole serie has gone downhill imho.

I don't see any point in recreating DF1 with better graphics either. They'd have to pull a lot of enhancements to make the old moped compete with today's big games. sad_o.gif

DF1 was dynamite back in it's days, but after that I'm afraid the whole serie has gone downhill imho.

After DF1 came DF2 with some nice improvements like ballistics stuff (bullet drop and penetration) and grass, it was much better smile_o.gif .

They'd have to pull a lot of enhancements to make the old moped compete with today's big games.  sad_o.gif

Actually not really, OPF2 isnt coming anytime soon, GR2 has been droped, CC-FTF and is a tunnel shooter, AA is the same and many people are tired of BF and vehicals and that kind of stuff. There arent all that many military based FPS being released/developed at the time so there isnt all that much competition for it out there, especialy if it went realistic with the gameplay  smile_o.gif .