Sign in to follow this  
alderous

Dozer Mouse

dozermouse10gm.th.jpg dozermouse28bs.th.jpg

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting

It's a crazy idea which suprisingly comes into life. Generally speaking Dozer Mouse is a single-crewed, turretless, heavily-armed vehicle designed for pure fun (at least for those who think that tanks' deathmatches are funny). The armament consist of big, hull-mounted gun (can only be raised and lowered at -5/+5) firing HEAT ammo and quite low-powerfull unguided (in fact they are semi-guided because you can aim them like a gun) missiles to deal with the infantry. The vehicle top speed is 60 kmph and it is as tough as BMP-2 (one well aimed shoot will disable or destroy it). Sounds of engine, gun and rockets are custom and there are also flashing red light and siren which can be turned on/off via action menu (some people has begged for implementing that).

In fact it is not very powerfull weapon (especially when manned by AI) and suffers bashing for almost every armored vehicle in OFP, but it wasn't designed for that purpose. I think that Dozer Mouse should provide a lot of fun in MP.

3d model is very simple (about 700 faces in the first resolution LOD) but as far as I'm concerned it doesn't really matters in case of DM. This addon wouldn't be made without help for my friend Offtime who made all textures in amazingly short time (rocket launchers and new rocket 3d models were also his idea).

The addon will be released in days. It is finished, but needs some testing (that should take a day or two).

I feel obliged to thank all those people who share their knowledge about addonmaking, especially BRSEEB and Colonel Klink (without his tutorial I wouldn't made a flashing light  smile_o.gif )

A dozen might be good fun for Abrams gunner training. Its an expendable gunnery-range bot, for dissimilar training purposes.

Or, it could also be an armored lawnmower.

<span style='color:green'>NEIGHBOR'S HEDGE IS HISTORY</span>

Yep. The Hedge didn't even know what hit it. biggrin_o.gif

Just think about all those people who have to mow their lawns in a war zone (the war is definitely no excuse for not mowing the lawn wink_o.gif  ).  It would be the best choice for them.

Yep. The Hedge didn't even know what hit it. biggrin_o.gif

Just think about all those people who have to mow their lawns in a war zone (the war is definitely no excuse for not mowing the lawn

Plus this thing's got a snow shovel! smile_o.gif

Tired of being shot at while mowing your lawn? well the new armoured lawnmover is for you for 10 easy payments of $99.95 call in the next 5 minutes and we'll even throw in a free LAW.

definitely a different addon but it is orriginal thats for sure smile_o.gif

All conception is very interesting, I am waiting for information about next addons.

Er...it took more than two days but it's finally done. The reason for such a big delay is that I decided to add a MP mission (which required a lot of testing) and some additional features like a booster or mines' dispencer. Persons who tested it claim that it gives a lot fun. I hope that you'll agree with them.

Here is the link Dozer Mouse ver.1.0 (2.3 MB). (thanks to the OFP Center PL)

What would really be nice is a D9 Armored Bull Dozer as used by both the Israeli Defense Force and the US Army in Iraq. I've been looking for someone to help my mod with one but so far no luck. If you're interested let me know and I can provide tons of pics.

d9_3.jpg

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

yeah, when i saw the pics i instantly felt we need a caterpillar/bulldozer in OFP biggrin_o.gif

both a FIA and a civilian version (yellow?)

it should be quite slow, but strong and heavy biggrin_o.gif

(the_shadow thinks about building roadblocks with various buses and cars placed in the islands biggrin_o.gif