Sign in to follow this  
lee_h._oswald

Trees of Pangaeaâ„¢

You should take a look at this site:

http://www.idvinc.com/html/pangaea_main.htm

-

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Want to see what the real-time outdoors will look like in a few years? It’s waiting for you now, in the freely downloadable Trees of Pangaea™ demo. With its first seven incredible forests, from the Mojave Desert to the Australian Outback, through Asia and the dry Sierra and into your "forgotten" nightmares, Trees of Pangaea™ sets a standard of environmental realism and beauty that completely changes what outdoor gaming means.

Built with SpeedTreeRT™, Trees of Pangaea™ features windblown trees and grass, subtle lighting effects and hundreds of thousands of trees, plants, palms, cacti, grasses — you name it — spread across vast terrains covering hundreds of square miles.

And don't foget to download the demo.(If you own good hardware.)

MfG Lee smile_o.gif

No way I'm putting Jessica through that! *pets computer*

Man, that looks... Ouch!

Wow that looks completely amazing. I am sure my computer would probably explode about 100 times if I tried to load a single tree though.

Very not impressive. I've seen demos years ago that did better nature than this. I expect far more than that in the near future.

okay it looks "okay" but what I find especially impressive is the great performance even at highest settings AND also the realistic movements of the trees.. fantasy forest is not bad!

Looks very nice, will check this out now, all the detail and high view distance remind me of OPF on steroids, this is the stuff we need in forthcoming new games smile_o.gif .

Its awsome wow_o.gif , and unlike 3d mark 05 it renders alot and runs smooth, would work great for a helicopter or a tank sim, on the ground the grass rendering disapoints a bit but i still felt like grabbing a rifle and go unting some tangos.

Wonder how it would run with some good a.i. units running around and animals and stuff, gaming a tact military sim on this would be very nice, great find Lee, thanks smile_o.gif .

Bah, it's not working.

It says "Failed Creating the Direct3D device" when I try to launch it. Any suggestions?

You meet the specs rock.gif , up to date video drivers rock.gif , it didnt run for me first at 1280x1024 so i had to lower res a notch and set detais to medium.