Sign in to follow this  
Grizzlie

60th anniversary of liberating Auschwitz-Birkenau

CNN

It was yesterday, but i haven't seen anybody to say a word about it.

Does it mean that for you it is not worth mentioning?

Even a "memento"? Or symbol of biggerst in the history violation of human rights?

Quote[/b] ]It was yesterday, but i haven't seen anybody to say a word about it.

Even a "memento"? Or symbol of biggerst in the history violation of human rights?

Because posting about it on BI forums is the best and in fact only way to remember the Holocaust and everyone who doesn't post about it on BI forums is a horrible person, right? Did I understand your post correctly?

edit: BTW I don't think it's very respectful to start a holocaust memorial thread by devoting the majority of the post to trying to guilt trip people (ie. troll), not quote the link etc.

If the lack of discussion bothers you so much ask yourself - why was it not worth mentioning for you before now?

Ever stop to think that people may have better ways of remembering this than talking about it on a game forum? Here's how the topic would go - everyone would post basically the same message about what a tragedy it was, with the possible exception of some oddball/troll who decides to post that it wasn't a tragedy/holocaust didn't happen and gets promptly banned. There, that's a summary of it,if you like, immagine it spread over a few pages. You can quit your preaching now

CNN

Seriously, I may believe there are ways to better create awareness and rememberance than posting it here in this forum.

Especially since, to me, the internet leaves a bad taste in my mouth when it comes to piety.

There are many impious organisations that functionalise the Holocaust for their own purposes...

Jewish-Americans claiming that the gun laws would have prevented a Holocaust and still does

Israeli organisations that claim that the palestinians are responsible for the Holocaust of the 21st century

A prime ministre that claims that the israelis have learned from the Holocaust that they cant count on anyone and that they will always defend themselves to prevent another Holocaust.

German right wing parties that say that the jews havent patented the expression Holocaust and that it can only be used for the term "the Holocaust of Dresden"

Members of the US military that claim that the war in Iraq also means protecting Israel ... and by that giving them the protection they never got before.

GreenPeace that claims animal testing is the modern Holocaust

Remembering yes, but using the Holocaust to support your own argumentation is bascially selling souls and playing with dead people.

There is no Holocaust in 2005! You cannot use it today..whenever you want... just because it is a fashion term and has so much association power.

And NO, I dont want to discuss the issue here on an internet forum, I dont want to wear a rememberance badge, I dont want to sign an internet-petition. That is cheap, cheap, cheap and fucking pretentious!

And I dont want to watch a shitty documentaries on TV which is interrupted by adds about dental bleach-strips and coke-light.

Many of us may have their very own non-virtual-reality way of remembering.

NRA, NPD, JewishAmerican Keep&bear Arms, Print rememberance Badge, all those delivering their propaganda rubbish online and selling their merchandise makes the internet the most "fake" and "pretentious" communication channel.

And no, the Holocaust doesnt belong here! Go buy a good book about it, take a few evenings off, read it, and take time to think about it always for 30 minutes afterwards. If you are doing that .... that is the way to remember and not a few posts in an online forum.

Just because I dont want to discuss it doesnt mean I dont pay it respect! The opposite is the case. The Holocaust doesnt belong here!

Methinks that Stalin's purges and the cultural revolution in China top that. But that's like saying getting boiled alive is better than say getting boiled alive in molten lead.

Quote[/b] ]It was yesterday, but i haven't seen anybody to say a word about it.

For me what you do in your real life is more important than words on a gaming board forum.

So please next time don't even try to judge people because they have not shared their private achievements in this gaming board.

Yes i care a very lot of the Holocaust, what the nazi did to all those people , jewish, tzigans, people judged inferior by those nazis , people that have resisted to them or just were on their way .

But i care a lot more discussing it with people i meet in the real life than on the BI forum, sorry.

CNN

Actually the main reason you post this is because you saw it on mass media pal. Were you going to post about the 60th anniv. without CNN etc. showing it?

Why does some of the world try to pretend now? We have the same things going on and building up today, and get it out of your head that Jews are the targets. crazy_o.gif

It is nice to go to a ceremony, but you also have to remember to do something about it. Hence, Cheney being there... he should have been shot by one of the guards. That bastard would love nothing more than to gas arabs and to nullify the UN.

The world is truly fucked...

Quote[/b] ]Hence, Cheney being there... he should have been shot by one of the guards.  That bastard would love nothing more than to gas arabs and to nullify the UN.

Yeah, he sure wants to gas dem Arabs...he has my support

I bet a penny that somebody actually believes that I posted that has the truth and would try to get me banned.. smile_o.gif

Anyway, I would of posted this yesterday but it was not the day to do so... I was sick and not in the mood sad_o.gif

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/0124UNHolocaust24-ON.html

Quote[/b] ]

Arabs snub U.N. commemoration of death camp liberation

Associated Press

Jan. 24, 2005 11:00 AM

UNITED NATIONS - The U.N. General Assembly commemorated the 60th anniversary of the liberation of the Nazi death camps with a special session Monday, and survivor Elie Wiesel and world leaders confronted a question that has long haunted the United Nations: whether the world body has the will to stop future genocide.

The commemoration also was meant to eradicate the notion that the U.N. General Assembly is anti-Semitic, an accusation frequently made by Israel.

But there were signs of division and clear evidence that much of the Arab world was not participating. The General Assembly auditorium was less than half full even for the start of the commemoration, while just one Middle East country - Jordan - was scheduled to deliver a speech commemorating the liberation of the camps.

Speakers at the General Assembly remembered the 6 million Jews who died in the Holocaust and how the United Nations itself was founded in response to the tragedy to prevent such acts from happening again.

"The Jewish witness that I am speaks of my people's suffering as a warning," Wiesel said. "He sounds the alarm to prevent these tragedies from being done to others. And yes, I am convinced if the world had listened to those of us who tried to speak we may have prevented Darfur, Cambodia, Bosnia, and naturally Rwanda."

The event was one of several United Nations commemorations Monday beginning a week of events worldwide marking the anniversary of the liberation of the camps.

In Vienna, Patrick Villemur, France's representative to U.N. organizations based in the Austrian capital, reminded about 200 officials and employees gathered in the rotunda of the U.N. complex overlooking the Danube River that the United Nations was founded "as the world was awakening to the full horror of the camps."

The United States had requested the commemorative session at the General Assembly on Jan. 24, three days before a similar event in the former Auschwitz death camp in Poland to mark its liberation by Soviet troops Jan. 27, 1945.

Between 1 million and 1.5 million prisoners - most of them Jews - perished in gas chambers or died of starvation and disease at Auschwitz. Overall, 6 million Jews were killed in the Holocaust.

Speakers in New York, including Israeli Foreign Minister Silvan Shalom and Russia's commissioner for human rights, Vladimir Lukin, warned against a rise in anti-Semitism around the world.

Shalom pointed to the strength of movements denying the Holocaust, asking if there was anything worse than the destruction of an entire race.

"There is something worse: to do all this and then deny, to do all this and then take from the victims and their children and grandchildren the legitimacy of their grief," he said.

Sir Brian Urquhart, the retired U.N. undersecretary general who was among those soldiers who freed the death camps, said the world must not forget the Holocaust because it revealed what horrors humans can inflict and that they may do again.

"This commemoration serves to recall what human beings driven by hatred or fear or some perverse ideology are, against all rational belief, still capable of doing to each other," he said.

CNN

Actually the main reason you post this is because you saw it on mass media pal.  Were you going to post about the 60th anniv. without CNN etc. showing it?

Why does some of the world try to pretend now?  We have the same things going on and building up today, and get it out of your head that Jews are the targets.   crazy_o.gif

It is nice to go to a ceremony, but you also have to remember to do something about it.  Hence, Cheney being there... he should have been shot by one of the guards.  That bastard would love nothing more than to gas arabs and to nullify the UN.

ouch!  sad_o.gif  (seeking cover)

I wouldnt be that brutal...

I just noticed that most of the survivors of the Holocaust never drew any comparisons to historical events that occured afterwards... only if they were PUSHED into making a political statement... simply because, it has nothing to do with the story.. it has nothing to do with their pain.

but politicans they do use it... even though they never lived through it. Remembering the Holocaust means not to rape it for a modern message.. but to remember those that have died BACK THEN... only them ... and there were enough to remember

Often Feelings of sympathy have nothing to do with education or discussion...

usually it is simply a question of intelligence. Some have it, some dont

mdf821169.jpg

CNN

Actually the main reason you post this is because you saw it on mass media pal. Were you going to post about the 60th anniv. without CNN etc. showing it?

Why does some of the world try to pretend now? We have the same things going on and building up today, and get it out of your head that Jews are the targets. crazy_o.gif

It is nice to go to a ceremony, but you also have to remember to do something about it. Hence, Cheney being there... he should have been shot by one of the guards. That bastard would love nothing more than to gas arabs and to nullify the UN.

ouch! sad_o.gif (seeking cover)

I wouldnt be that brutal...

I just noticed that most of the survivors of the Holocaust never drew any comparisons to historical events that occured afterwards... it has nothing to do with the story.. it has nothing to do with their pain.

but politicans they do use it... even though they never lived through it. Remembering the Holocaust means not to rape it for a modern message.. but to remember those that have died BACK THEN... only them ... and there were enough to remember

Often Feelings of sympathy have nothing to do with education or discussion...

usually it is simply a question of intelligence. Some have it, some dont

ttp://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/nm/20050113/mdf821169.jpg

I saw many Jews comparing the stories to today mate. I kid you not. People who experienced this on their own skin, they aren't as ffed in the head as most people are today.

It is certainly nothing against you personally Grizzle, I'm just upset with the overall picture.

CNN

agreed. sad_o.gif

Again I want to make clear it's nothing aimed specifically at Grizzlie. I think it is good he posted obviously.

Actually the main reason you post this is because you saw it on mass media pal.  Were you going to post about the 60th anniv. without CNN etc. showing it?[/quote=bn880,Jan. 28 2005,17:52]

Well with or without CNN at least he shows some interest.

We have the same things going on and building up today,

You are either insane or just neonazi propagandist spreading Auschwitz lies. Where in the world such things happen? You are just perfect example of someone who s never been to Auschwitz and just dont know what Shoa was.

It is nice to go to a ceremony, but you also have to remember to do something about it.

Education is the best we can do. You are perfec example of lack of education.

Hence, Cheney being there... he should have been shot by one of the guards.

Just for a start huh?.

That bastard would love nothing more than to gas arabs and

Well what do you expect if someone attacks you? He just does the same as your beloved arabs.

to nullify the UN.

The same UN wich didnt prevent dozens of wars, tragedy of Rwanda, Darfour, wich is involved in many scandals like frauded bilions of dolars from iraqu oil for food program, wich soldiers rape children in Africa and many many more scandals. Well then I support nullifying UN.

No, I think you are.

Firefly, for that last comment I will give you a warning box and 24 hrs PR.

Grizzlie, for your provocative opening post, which to me is a load of flame baiting, I will give you a warning box and 24hrs PR.

If you want to commemorate this tragic event, then do it in a respectful manner, not bitchslapping each other with cheap shots like this mad_o.gif I am truly disappointed.