Sign in to follow this  
HitmanFF

ECL's record breaking attempt players on one serve

thats nice, try giving them weapons :P

It would be an ofp historical massacre :P something like american civil war mod biggrin_o.gif

If you gave them guns Jan 9th would beat May 10th as the bloodiest day in OFP history. biggrin_o.gif

damn i missed it. (and got ticked off for threadwasting without searching for this first, Sorry 'bout that sad_o.gif )

So when's the next one?

id like to see each player get an mi17. that would be so awesome. it would totally lagtacular!

hehehe... i want to see them in konyaks antonov 124

when will the next attempt wil take place??

Yes, there definitely was lag. You could see people walking on the spot, and then warping away.

A switch in the data center broke down less than 10 minutes after we broke the record, and it had been dropping/losing packets beforehand, so it's impossible to tell whether the lag was due to the server being overloaded or the switch going down.

We were quite lucky that the switch hadn't gone down during the attempt itself wow_o.gif

Mind you: we claim that the switch breaking down and the busy server are completely unrelated events biggrin_o.gif

N.B.: At this point we don't have a new attempt planned (as we hold the record for now wink_o.gif)

rock.gif I wonder if it would be possible to kick Fraghaus into trying for the record again.

smile_o.gif good work though!

60 Seconds is not breaking a record, sorry to inform you, please try again.

- Ack [FHA]

whats that supposed to mean?

I hope you dont think Frag still has the record, that was broken by RN along time ago

Just imagine had they triggered a tsunami addon. wow_o.gif

I have alot of respect for you Mrs. AvonLady, but that was a pretty rude and tasteless comment, even if it was a joke. sad_o.gif

Tsunami addon???

What about a surf contest MP mission???

tounge_o.gif

Just kidding,ok?

I just stumbled across this post, very cool. The funny thing is, I'm listed in the players that were present. Haha, I know short-term memory loss is a side effect, but I think I'd remember this.

Might've been my buddy playing on his comp after I had been there, I'll have to ask him about it.

Very cool statistic though, good to see our community can still do big things biggrin_o.gif.

BTW, what's the record for an action mission, i.e. actual fighting involved?

both MFCTI.COM and SHoP have 30 man CTI

the MFCTI.com map is more stable and bug free, but basically you have 30 plus 30x11=330 AI and 264 RES

so 594 AI and 30 men is 624 killers, its played daily on the SF, Kaos, and RN servers, need atleast a 3.0 ghz server running FD to handle it, server out puts about 2500 kbs smile_o.gif

and for lesser servers you can set it to max group 6 for lesser servers

I haven't seen a good server-based pissing match for a while. It's too bad that OFP can't make use of dual CPU's. I got a dual opteron server anyway. It seems to have helped a little bit but OFP MP always has lag of some sort. We have played some 24-man RTS3 games that went pretty well until one team or the other started building tons of ADAT's or Tunguskas. Those suckers lag up pretty fast.

I will say that Mr.Zig and Korax's CNC-RTS is pretty lag free even with 40 tanks blasting away like mad at each other.

As for trying to fit 100+ players on a server, I'd like to see a real DM with that many, if for nothing else, to see the smoking remains of the server afterward. smile_o.gif

we're looking at getting a P4 3.6 HT and doing a 20% OC on it to get her to 4.3, but im also pricing out a top end Dual AMD64 which if the price is right will be the fastest lil bitch in the world

I perfer dual CPUs or the HTs for OFP this way we can set OFP server to real time and force the other services to the second CPU, seems to work well, i dont think the top single CPU AMDs will compete with a P4 3.4+ HT for OFP server server unless they are duals, for home gaming, I would place my bet on the AMD every time, but OFP server it self needs that dedicated power for CTI, some thing a single AMD 64 cant do no mater it's speed

ohh and our MFCTI.COM actually allows 40 vehicles per side unlike the older MF1.16 that does only 20 per side, so the tank battles in our Ground war version can get insane! but remain lag free on 3.0 ghz servers and up

It would be interesting to see some benchmarks of the Opteron vs. Xeon/P4 for running an OFP dedicated. My last server was a 3gz Xeon Dell 1 RU. This one is an HP 1RU with the dual Opteron 250's (2.4gz). They just came out with one that is slightly faster, the Opteron 252 @ 2.6Gz. I dedicated 1GB of RAM for each CPU and that seems to help some. It also has a SCSI drive with no redundancy since I'm not worried if the data gets messed...I have backups.

At home I run an AMD FX-53 cpu which has been a lot faster for me than my P4 3gz that I had before. From the gaming benchmarks, the AMD's seem to be quite a bit better for many games, even though their clock speed is lower. It may be the same for servers, but I haven't seen any benchmarks to really validate/invalidate that.

I'm also very curious as to whether the new dual-core CPU's will offer any performance boosts right off the bat, since it sounds like a program doesn't need to be multi-threaded to make use of a dual-core. I might pick up a dual CPU dual-core server when they're available (and one for home as well ;) )

To RN: I tried your method of running ofp setting affinity to run OFP on cpu0 with all other apps running on CPU1 also setting ofpr.exe prioity to real time. The problem is running the exe set to real time will NOT release memory when its not being used i.e it climbs to over 400mb and will not go down at all. Running on normal mode it will. I'm not sure its a good idea to promote this method unless I have interprted your instructions wrong?

I also found running OFPR on CPU0 caused a heap of grief with game becoming laggy and generally quite unstable. We are running a P4 3.4g HT and was already running a daemon tool to install all our apps as services i.e TS and OFP Watch.

HT is really not a win for a game like OFP.

CPU Cache size really matters here and HT causes alot of trashing of the CPU memory caches when you have one process using nearly all the cpu.

HT is good for a webserver though when you have lots of processes/threads with bursty cpu use.

Quote[/b] ]Say, guys...  

Will it be possible to create another record attempt

Sorry guys for the off topic response... tounge_o.gif

But we are planning on a new attempt to start off the new ECL spring season (War-Batlle and the brandnew Skirmish ladder).

The old record (146 ppl) needs to be broken by 10% at least,so I will change the map to 162 players  blues.gif

Our Communications Officer (GWG HitmanFF) will announce the date as soon as possible,looking forward to see you all on the server again  xmas_o.gif

PP

ECL MultiPlayer League

http://www.european-combat-league.com/index.php