Update

*Please check the first post here

*Please read the readme

*Now everything may work perfectly without any bug or CTD

*AH1 replaced by Vit US Marines One

Cobra.jpg

I thank you for your patience smile_o.gif

*Please try it , and tell me if everytings works well wink_o.gif

I hope that there 's any bug or CTD , I've spent 5 hours to do a new config smile_o.gif

I noticed some things about this mod that I figured I'd post...

- I assume that this is a 1985 mod, since there are 1985 US and Soviet infantry. If that's the case, the M113A3, M1A2, and M2A2 ODS do not belong in this mod. If you want to keep it accurate, you should use the M113A2, the M2A2 or A1 (not ODS) and the M1A1.

- I just don't think a Marine AH-1 fits in with all the other Army addons. The Black Hawk was left as the BIS model...why not the Cobra?

- The Camo PBR crew uses 2004 Army crewmen...again, wrong time period. Ditto for the M113A3, M2A2ODS and M1A2.

- US weapons sounds were not changed? Please change them for the E&S sounds. Also I thought INQ's grenades had the sound of the spoon flipping off the grenade...would be nice to have them in there if I'm thinking of the right addon.

- The AH-64 carries 1200 rounds of 30mm ammo....this needs to be fixed as well.

- Replace the Carl Gustav launcher with the M47 Dragon contained in one of the Combat files. The Dragon was the primary antitank missile in the 1980s...I used to work with a guy who carried a Dragon when he was in the Army, and in the course of several years with the 1st Armored Division, he never once saw a Carl Gustav.

- Why did you pick the Humvee model that you did? I think you should have left it as the M998 model.

I like FlashFX itself, but the replacement mod needs some fine-tuning IMO.

Thank you for these good lucky finds, concerning the M1A2, I will see what I can do, for the M2A2, there aren't others addons which can equalize the quality of that of combat, I couldn't carry out change, concerning the number of rounds for the AH64, I would like to insist on realism but it's impossible because it needs to use the data of BIS to be able to play online without any problem , concerning the sound, I didn't carry out change because I suggest the use of Sam's soudnpack

Quote[/b] ] The Black Hawk was left as the BIS model

I don't want to change it because there 's no BAS model wich have only Rockets , there's a mission in the campaign 1985 wich need to destroy a BMP , with only the M2 machinegun , it'll be a little difficult tounge_o.gif

I'll carry out new modifications, still thank you again of these great finds wink_o.gif

I'll do 2 sorts of config ;

Realistic config basing myself on EECP config and the WGL one, but it'll be impossible to play online with it .

Fun config using BIS parameters , with this one you'll be able to play online

Sigustank.pbo - which is already among the downloads - already has an M-1A1 Abrams wink_o.gif Just take out the M1A2 and replace it with the -A1. Also, the Bradley pack already has the M2A1 and M2A2. Same for the M113 - an A2 is already in that pack.

So really there's no need to download anything to fix those little problems.

However the M16A4 an M4A1 weren't in service at that time either. You can give the US soldiers M16A2s which are already in the Marines addon - "c8xm16a2" - but I suggest making Laser's US Weapons Pack a requirement since it has an updated M9 Beretta and an M16A2/M203 grenade launcher that the MARPAT addon doesn't have.

Again, that's just my two cents smile_o.gif

Sigustank.pbo - which is already among the downloads - already has an M-1A1 Abrams wink_o.gif Just take out the M1A2 and replace it with the -A1. Also, the Bradley pack already has the M2A1 and M2A2. Same for the M113 - an A2 is already in that pack.

So really there's no need to download anything to fix those little problems.

However the M16A4 an M4A1 weren't in service at that time either. You can give the US soldiers M16A2s which are already in the Marines addon - "c8xm16a2" - but I suggest making Laser's US Weapons Pack a requirement since it has an updated M9 Beretta and an M16A2/M203 grenade launcher that the MARPAT addon doesn't have.

Again, that's just my two cents smile_o.gif

How to thank you? it's exactly that which I needed... wow_o.gif

I had never saw existence of other versions in the packs before .. Thank you again man wink_o.gif

Update

To remain during the time of the Eighties, I carried out modifications on the level of the version basing me on the work of SIG and Combat, to keep a coherence with the campaings of BIS.

*InQ M1A2 replaced by Sig M1A1

*InQ M60A1 replaced by Sig M60A3

*CBT M113A3 replaced by CBT M113A1

*CBT M2A2 ODS replaced by CBT M2A2

*CBT crew 2003 replaced by CBT crew 1985

so , you'll need to emove InQ M1 and InQ M60 , and download the Sig US tanks pack here

ustanks1_s.jpg

Please check the first page here

I'm working very hard on the realistic config , I really don't know when it'll be ready , maybe this week end...

Sounds like thunderbird84 has been doing some miracles again. I will download the lastest pack in a few hours, however meanwhile I have first to reinstall OFP:R since previous install of FFXUR messed up the whole thing causing OFP to CTD  crazy_o.gif

I had no idea that an OFP mod launcher was avaible. What's the main interest of such a launcher ?

Sounds like thunderbird84 has been doing some miracles again. I will download the lastest pack in a few hours, however meanwhile I have first to reinstall OFP:R since previous install of FFXUR messed up the whole thing causing OFP to CTD crazy_o.gif

I had no idea that an OFP mod launcher was avaible. What's the main interest of such a launcher ?

rock.gif

Try the new config , it'll work perfectly , believe me , if not , i'll throw my self in fire tounge_o.gif but you ensures that before you don't have addons which can create conflicts between them .

I'll do 2 sorts of config ;

Realistic config basing myself on EECP config and the WGL one, but it'll be impossible to play online with it .

Fun config using BIS parameters , with this one you'll be able to play online

Hi,

If you could combine the WGL config with your own one it would be just p_e_r_f_e_c_t !!! "Cause I don't play OFP online such a combination would be the most desirable thing I can imagine.

I wouldn't have to buy OFP2 I guess ;)

So good luck in your new project!

Cheers,

voodzia

Hmmm... recently I edited FlashFX config of my self (just for me) based on other addons, all i did is change the model without adding other scripts e.t.c, Well its a miracle I should say, for the first time I am using FlashFX with units replacement playing CTI nonstop for hours without crashing, I noticed the differences between your config and mine, it seems that you put more lines into ie such as the new animation, m2a2 class e.t.c, may be this is the cause of that ctd on MP.

On other ocassion I also tried thunderbird new config of FlashFX replacement, still it is not possible for a CTI game or any big mp mission, The reason why I am still trying out this thing, I want all the effects and animations, such as the gogle animation e.t.c, If I implement those on my own FlashFX config, I got ctd... Thunderbird!! PLZ PLZ PLZ solve this, and ur my hero ;) lol

@thunderbird84 : you won't need to burn yourself ... if I get CTDs it's most likely because I did not installed FFXUR properly so far. The only addon I use is the great OFrP and I guess this one should not create conflict with FFXUR wink_o.gif

I just played CTI for an hour or two now with the new stuff and it only just CTD.

So its getting somewhere. biggrin_o.gif

biggrin_o.gif Since the beginning i have this error message " No entry "config.bin/cfgvehicles/bmp2/turret.minelev."

This message appears a the beginning of the game and when i launch a mission with a BMP.

My ofp is a fresh install, all patched, all addons..........

And merci pour tout.

Hi,

I guess you haven't installed this file - EECP_CSLA2_Pack_1.1.rar. I've just played the Revenge mission (from Red Hammer pack) and had no errors there. And there are 3 or 4 BMP's in this mission so I think you overlooked this one addon.

Kind regards,

voodzia

Just to avoid extra mistakes, if you install FFXUR like a MOD, nothing has to go in Res/ folders ? In that case all *.pbo, .bin and .cpp have to go in /FlashFxUR folder ?

Yep that's right. Read my post on page 15. And btw, you don't need any cpp files.

Thanks Voodzia but i ha ve the CLSA pack addon. sad_o.gif

I checked all the addons. mad_o.gif

Strange.

But i can play mission with bmp xmas_o.gif so its not very important. The csla BMP's appear in the mission so the addon is effectly present.

That's strange indeed. And if you installed it as a mod that's even more than strange - it's impossible ;)

This mod works smoothly for me and I've never had any problems with it.

Sorry but don't know how to help you sad_o.gif

Hi all

I've installed all the files from 'FlashFX 1.8 Units Replacement pack.rar' into a mod folder titled FlashFX. I've then linked my OFP shortcut to this but now I've got a question re. the file 'FlashFX 1.8 Misc.rar'

The read me file says to move all the files into the main RES folder and to run the install_win2k_XP.bat file. Is this necessary? I had hoped to leave my RES folder untouched.

As an experiment I tried placing these files into my new FlashFX mod directory and then tried to run the .bat file from there. However the DOS window gives me an error message stating: ERROR data.pbo not found...

It still comes up with this error message even if I try moving a copy of the DATA.pbo file from the main OFP folder.

Any suggestions? Am I barking up the entirely wrong tree here? crazy_o.gif

Thanks